Forum › Crescent Moon and Doughnuts discussion

joined Jun 12, 2019

I kinda get it why she’s like that with her sister

joined Jul 26, 2016

why is this so awesome and why did I not read it earlier seriously

Also, Subaru confirmed best younger sibling character since My Yuri Onee-chan >:3

joined Dec 5, 2019

I think its safe to say Subaru knows her sister is gay, that is why the interest Satou showen in Uno was interpreted as a chance for her sister to fibally love.
Satou is im responsible sibling mode, makes sense for her since she is a kind of serious person.
Can't wait to see those feelings develop

joined Jul 26, 2016

I think its safe to say Subaru knows her sister is gay, that is why the interest Satou showen in Uno was interpreted as a chance for her sister to fibally love.

She probably had no idea of Uno's gender when she first picked up on Nee-chan's potentially romantic interest in her, what with the neutral pronouns and all. My read is that insofar she's concerned so long her overly serious and rather lonely neechan has finally found someone she's into, and who could thus hopefully break her out of that self-sacrificing gig she's gotten stuck on, in the first place then that person's gender is an entirely irrelevant detail.

last edited at Jan 26, 2020 3:58PM

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I read this story, and look forward to, because of any and all Subaru-sama's appearance, yes!

Holy fuck Sabaru please keep guiding them, op little sister, but ouch it hurt when Satou-san said she would never fall in love, because all she needs is her sister, I felt Uno-sans pain. Also thank you so much scanlators for your continuous hard work. This series is just you know chefs kiss magnificent.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

This is reminding me of Yagakimi even more now - which, as far as I'm concerned, is only a good thing. I'm hoping they settle into happiness with the 3 of them together.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

The little sister is really likable. I want her to get a gf in the future too

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I think Satou is going to seriously and immediately rethink that "I can't fall in love" notion the very moment that Uno plants a big, fat, doughnut-crumb-filled-kiss on her, lol... (But of course not before Uno spirals into a little typhoon of despair about how she finally found someone she truly loves and they claim it's impossible she'd ever be loved back. Gotta have that drama to keep things interesting after all.)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This is reminding me of Yagakimi even more now - which, as far as I'm concerned, is only a good thing.

I keep thinking the same with every new chapter, yes.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

This is reminding me of Yagakimi even more now - which, as far as I'm concerned, is only a good thing.

Wait you like Yagakimi luinthorn? I had no idea. No inkling at all. There are no hints.
:p

joined Dec 5, 2019

She probably had no idea of Uno's gender when she first picked up on Nee-chan's potentially romantic interest in her, what with the neutral pronouns and all. My read is that insofar she's concerned so long her overly serious and rather lonely neechan has finally found someone she's into, and who could thus hopefully break her out of that self-sacrificing gig she's gotten stuck on, in the first place then that person's gender is an entirely irrelevant detail.

If she did not know her sister has romantic feelings for women she could easely pass that interest and the way they interact as a friendship, at least on Satou's side. She may have not known that Uno was a woman at first but she didn't even flinch when she discovered she was and is insisting on the chance of her sister having a romantoc relation with her.
Those things make me think that Subaru knows that her sister likes women, or else she would not insist on a relation to the point of goading Uno forward

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Well the train track confrontation definitely makes it feel like yagakimi

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

The train crossing scene in this one is pretty obviously inspired in yagakimi.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I see all these Yagakimi mentions but honestly not seeing that big of a connection.

self avatar quote

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

It's a good thing Subaru is there because otherwise these two would just spin. If one person has a hangup, it can be overcome, but of you have two people with hangups... It's just not very good.

I think the "herbivore" thing is mostly that being aggressive is not something that comes naturally, especially hitting one random people. In the hetero world, I think most of the problems are women and men not understanding each other's unique difficulties. One nice thing about yuri is that it's more even ground, and the weight of gender expectations is lessened. Though someone still has to start things, at least it's not "and you're supposed to pay for everything, and you're supposed to dress up and act cute in the most stereotypical way."

Also, hey, for all we know the guy could be gay or asexual or just not into that right now. I'm actually surprised he showed up again at all, I figured he was a throwaway.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I see all these Yagakimi mentions but honestly not seeing that big of a connection.

self avatar quote

Well, let's see, it's a yuri series that despite being a somewhat "cliché" setting (in one case senpai/kouhai in a club at school, in the other senpai/kouhai at an office, both pretty classic) gets significantly emotionally deeper than expected, and ends up being super poignant (to me at least). Also both deal with themes of not feeling like you are capable of loving others or that you are deserving love. More obviously, there's the train parallel people are mentioning, but that's less-defining for me.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

joined Jul 26, 2016

If she did not know her sister has romantic feelings for women she could easely pass that interest and the way they interact as a friendship, at least on Satou's side.

With the kind of "blushing maiden in love" act Asahi kept doing whenever she mentioned this mysterious "Uno-san", which was apparently very often? Yeah right.

She may have not known that Uno was a woman at first but she didn't even flinch when she discovered she was and is insisting on the chance of her sister having a romantoc relation with her.
Those things make me think that Subaru knows that her sister likes women, or else she would not insist on a relation to the point of goading Uno forward

According to herself - granted not necessarily the most reliable source on the matter - Asahi's never been in love before, tho, so Super Imouto would need a startlingly high-resolution gaydar indeed to know that. More to the point Subaru already knew her neechan was obviously into this Uno-san and also equally obviously (and probably predictably given her particular Major Malfunctions) in some heavy denial about it; learning the person in question was a woman is unlikely to have fazed her beyond a cursory so that's how it is huh because in the grand scheme of things that's entirely irrelevant.

Remember - what Subaru wants is for Asahi to stop martyring herself for her (remaining) family and start living for herself, her own happiness, instead. (Subaru's probably thinking further ahead here than neechan, too; in a few years she'll be an adult and start leaving the proverbial nest and once that happens what will Asahi be left with?) That she's so clearly smitten with someone despite her unhealthy fixation on her responsibility as Subaru's guardian and surrogate parent is an unprecedented golden opportunity for fixing that and minor details like her her paramour's gender are entirely trivial.

Any doubts she might have had about their reciprocal interest in each other can be assumed to have evaporated while she watched them play out a fine rendition of No Country For Awkward Men at each other like a pair of blushing middle schoolers. :v

TL;DR - Subaru doesn't give a rat's ass about who her big sis is into, only that she's found someone important in her life beside herself.

Hino1
joined Nov 17, 2018

it's so interesting how the manga is bringing up how you feel when you lose a special someone, then you cling to those you still have and never want to let go, never want to try again, because you're scared you're gonna lose them too.

also, i love that her little sister wants the best for her, no matter what. that's true love right there.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

self avatar quote

Well, let's see, it's a yuri series that despite being a somewhat "cliché" setting (in one case senpai/kouhai in a club at school, in the other senpai/kouhai at an office, both pretty classic) gets significantly emotionally deeper than expected, and ends up being super poignant (to me at least). Also both deal with themes of not feeling like you are capable of loving others or that you are deserving love. More obviously, there's the train parallel people are mentioning, but that's less-defining for me.

Biggest difference is that the Senpai doesn't fall in love with the kouhai.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Biggest difference is that the Senpai doesn't fall in love with the kouhai.

At least to a degree they count as sempai and kouhai at work tho... o3o

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

when you think the guy is gonna be the cock block, but it's actually the little sister

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I don't think this one is similar to yagakimi at all. The only similarity I see between the two is the train crossing scene, which seems to very obviously mirror that one scene in yagakimi. But even that's not as meaningful here as it is there (where the train cleverly hides Touko's kiss from the people around them).

But all of this is just my personal opinion, of course.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

This is probably my favourite chapter thus far. So many great moments. The translator mentioned this as well while he was working on it - the author really managed to pack so many memorable scenes into one chapter.

I love that Subaru confronts Hinako about the obvious - and I love that Hinako doesn't deny the possibility. She's been a bit slow on the uptake, and that's totally normal considering her circumstances, but she's crushing so hard it's impossible for even her not to see.

I also love that we're getting to know more about Satou-san. It's totally understandable the way she's closed herself off. Their home life is nothing short of tragic, so she's dedicated herself to making Subaru as happy as possible. It's really sweet, and really noble. Still, it probably really hurts Subaru to know that her sister is sacrificing so much for her sake. She's at the age now where she can be more independent, and I think she'd be happier knowing Satou is happy.

Subaru is best girl. It kills me to think that underneath her bubbly persona, she must really resent herself for being a burden on her sister.

Edit: For any uploaders or staff around, can we add Chapter 6's title, "The Other Side of the Moon" to the series page? Also, If we'd like to separate into volumes, Vol 1 ends with chapter 5, so we're in Vol 2 territory now.

last edited at Jan 26, 2020 6:47PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.