Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

Yeah. Not sure the date entirely adds up but I kinda always assumed she was in a sexual relationship with a teacher, and then the whole "avoid a scandal by blaming the girl" thing happened ...

I kinda trough that also
But I do think it was forced (rape or cousin etc)
Just like the marriage

joined Sep 13, 2018

for what i can assume:
tsugumi seemed like the kind of girl who had a lot of friends but not a real one , even her family wasnt close to her probably.
Midori was probably the only one she actually considered her real friend.

It would hurt me so bad if the tsugumi was actually in love with her friend but ended up with another person thinking the other girl didnt love her.
Probably the reason why her and the boyfriend divorced what because of midori , i mean dude , tsugumi only had midori's phone number , always talked about her and even choose her daughter name over something about midori.

i think this is gonna be sad

joined Dec 28, 2016

I don’t see this as “Age Gap” because the older person isn’t really providing a healthy environment for the younger one. All I see is just a flow of money, bankrolling the younger person who doesn’t need help due to her maturity.

So what, Midori let Haru homeless because she is "mature" and wasting her money ? Midori help a person in need, if Haru doesn't wanted to live here, i think she could have told so.

Eventually, Haru will figure it out that Midori isn’t the guardian for her and rather go it alone or go back to her lousy relatives— I mean, if her grandparents haven’t lifted a finger to help Tsugumi raise her kid or even give a damn about her schooling THERE’s a problem. I’m sure this will be explained away (if it’s bad storytelling) in later chapters.

I expect Haru’s grandparents to show up later. (“Hey, kid, loan me a dollar!”)

Your username is an accurate self-descriptor.

joined Jun 25, 2017

New fan here! Really like the development of these characters.
I'd love to see Midori be honest with Haru, and I'd like to see Haru/Midori develop, potentially living together as a cute domestic couple? Just me?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'd love to see Midori be honest with Haru, and I'd like to see Haru/Midori develop, potentially living together as a cute domestic couple? Just me?

I think the problem with Midori being honest with Haru is that she's pretty confused about the nature of what she felt for Tsugumi and even more confused about what Tsugumi may or may not have felt for her.

Barring serious tragedy/excessive angst, I'm completely agnostic on the nature of the future relationship between the MCs. I'm interested in the characters and the situation and I assume that whatever the author does will most likely be as well-written and convincing as the story has been so far.

joined Jun 25, 2017

I think the problem with Midori being honest with Haru is that she's pretty confused about the nature of what she felt for Tsugumi and even more confused about what Tsugumi may or may not have felt for her.

Barring serious tragedy/excessive angst, I'm completely agnostic on the nature of the future relationship between the MCs. I'm interested in the characters and the situation and I assume that whatever the author does will most likely be as well-written and convincing as the story has been so far.

(っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ oO (you have a point)

And I'm waiting for the potential angst now. ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ

Images%20(7)
joined Nov 22, 2017

What if Midori really had a relationship with Tsugumi and somewhat Tsugumi family didn't approve or discovered something and she ran away and tried to play straight to "fix" herself and got pregnant? Could justify the fact that Midori thought she wasn't important for her, because she left without saying anything. And why nobody noticed (they could be hiding their relationship at school). Or am I just too optimistic? :(

last edited at Jan 19, 2020 2:26PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^I think you're clearly reading too much into this. There is no reason to assume that there was more going on between them than we've been told, especially considering that what we know of the past has come not from Midori talking about it to someone else, where she might keep something like this a secret, but from flashbacks in her own mind, where she has no reason to hide any additional facts.

joined Jul 26, 2019

For me it makes this story even sadder than it is that Tsugumi died with so much regret. Without having been able to confess her feelings towards Midori or a separation forced by events.
The fact that Midori herself is becoming more and more concerned about their past and what their true relationship was makes it all the more dramatic.
I hope that the duo haru and Midori can move in the right direction and avoid all her mistakes which seem to come from a very bad communication between Midori and tusgumi...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

For me it makes this story even sadder than it is that Tsugumi died with so much regret. Without having been able to confess her feelings towards Midori or a separation forced by events.

We don’t know that Tsugumi died with regret about Midori, or about anything else.

We do know that Tsugumi felt more for Midori than Midori realized at the time—Midori knew all along that she felt that Tsugumi was special to her, but she assumed that she wasn’t so special to Tsugumi, since Tsugumi had so many friends, and especially since her friend disappeared without saying anything.

Now, years later, the fact that Tsugumi kept her phone number and the fact that Haru remembers Tsugumi talking about Midori fondly tells Midori that Tsugumi did think of her as a special friend, but that’s it.

It’s a bit interesting that the former classmate-now-teacher had no idea that Midori and Tsugumi were close, but that’s not so surprising given that Midori seems to have devoted her life to becoming invisible socially.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Yes, these are just guesses, but when I speak of regret I think of the fact that Tsugumi must be very sorry that she never called Midori, whether it was during her brutal disappearance in college or after some apparently unfortunate events. That she kept her number and that she spoke so often about Midori to her daughter I think she must have felt unhappy and never dared to take the first step to call her and apologize.
I hope that flashbacks or finding letters or pictures in the tsugumi boxes kept by the aunt will tell us more about how tsugumi felt during this time.

last edited at Jan 23, 2020 4:49PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

New one out elsewhere—incredibly sweet. I think I’m in love with Haru. Also Midori.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

talks to himself: Don't you dare make that joke, just because of that last sentence. It's certainly off-topic, but that's not even the main reason why everyone, including yourself, is gonna be mad at you.

You ain't alone, I'd really love that too, like that hand holding at the end that was really sweet, I need more of that, but we gotta get through this angst first.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I like how this chapter addressed so many things that we've been discussing, and I'm too attached to these characters because I'm hurt and I'm happy and I don't know what's gonna happen from now on... so I'm scared.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awww. That was nice.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I like how this chapter addressed so many things that we've been discussing, and I'm too attached to these characters because I'm hurt and I'm happy and I don't know what's gonna happen from now on... so I'm scared.

I’m with you up to the last phrase. This chapter makes me think that, whichever way it goes, everything’s going to be completely all right.

I love this series—the pace, the characters, the tone—everything. If anything, Haru’s a little too centered and self-possessed for complete plausibility for a person her age and in her circumstances, but I actually don’t care. I’m a sucker for families-of-choice, and this is a great one.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

This.

I actually think it might be best if it ends up more of a sibling relationship. Midori can't exactly be Haru's mother, but she's told old to be just a friend. I could see it as a much older sister relationship, with the potential for varying degrees of closeness there. And while I can't rule out a possible romantic relationship, I don't get that vibe from Haru yet. The potential is there, but I haven't seen it yet.. Looking forward to more.

joined Jun 25, 2017

I ship it.

joined Sep 6, 2018

So, is this the end? Of volume 1, at least. I can see this story ending at chapter 12, but I’ll be happier if it continues on.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I don’t see this as “Age Gap” because the older person isn’t really providing a healthy environment for the younger one. All I see is just a flow of money, bankrolling the younger person who doesn’t need help due to her maturity.

So what, Midori let Haru homeless because she is "mature" and wasting her money ? Midori help a person in need, if Haru doesn't wanted to live here, i think she could have told so.

Eventually, Haru will figure it out that Midori isn’t the guardian for her and rather go it alone or go back to her lousy relatives— I mean, if her grandparents haven’t lifted a finger to help Tsugumi raise her kid or even give a damn about her schooling THERE’s a problem. I’m sure this will be explained away (if it’s bad storytelling) in later chapters.

I expect Haru’s grandparents to show up later. (“Hey, kid, loan me a dollar!”)

Your username is an accurate self-descriptor.

Thank you for pointing that out... I do need some help from time to time to get clued in on themes and details I fail to notice in mangas. Sometimes the bits of culture that aren’t easily translated to western values are the most fun to read in comment section.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

So, is this the end? Of volume 1, at least. I can see this story ending at chapter 12, but I’ll be happier if it continues on.

Huh? Volume 1: Chapters 1-4, Volume 2: Chapters 5-9. So, currently we are in 3rd vol... there still so much to show now that Haru herself decided to continue living with Midori for this to end abruptly...

last edited at Jan 26, 2020 9:23AM

Although this would be a great spot to conclude, this isn't the end. The Japanese text at the bottom of the last page is "to be continued in the next issue".

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

I was sad reading this while listening to a Cayucas song, made it ultra sad. Shit. My feels. :(

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

talks to himself: Don't you dare make that joke, just because of that last sentence. It's certainly off-topic, but that's not even the main reason why everyone, including yourself, is gonna be mad at you.

Yes, I want this slow burn to eventually turn sexual too at some point. Just please dear god don't let it be at a molasses pace like Citrus or a Korean Drama.

To reply you must either login or sign up.