joined Sep 14, 2016

A lesbian in between keeps friendships green

Words to live by

Unknown%20(1)
joined Jan 30, 2019

i want what the writers have

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

When even in otome games you only get the girls, you know it's time to give up trying to find a guy.

That was so funny, I totally laughed out loud.

Playing that game purely by feeling, she somehow managed to bomb all the guy routes and instead unlocked the mega-rare best friend route: a yuri endgame!

Saori cheering for Miyuki-chan was a nice touch, too. Bestie solidarity!

joined May 24, 2019

You mean like she was at the start?

But is she still? No. Yurika on the other hand is. She's bi at best.

Yurika is a 6 on the Kinsey scale.

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

I wonder how they didn't notice her eyes are so high that her eyebrows are almost meeting her hairline

last edited at Jan 24, 2020 11:35AM

joined Nov 14, 2014

When even in otome games you only get the girls, you know it's time to give up trying to find a guy.

That was so funny, I totally laughed out loud.

Playing that game purely by feeling, she somehow managed to bomb all the guy routes and instead unlocked the mega-rare best friend route: a yuri endgame!

Saori cheering for Miyuki-chan was a nice touch, too. Bestie solidarity!

LOL, IKR?! This chapter has actually brought me back into this manga with this joke alone. :D

Anyway, see you people in 2021! ;)

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

I wanna read this fanfic youre writing

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Do you understand what the Kinsey scale is? If you don't, look it up.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

6 on the Kinsey scale is entirely homosexual, as in no attraction to men at all, so she's clearly not that.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Well, she definitely isn't straight, on the question of if she is bi or gay and in denial, I don't know, I doubt even the creators know, I think they just do whatever they think is funny at the time.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

6 on the Kinsey scale is entirely homosexual, as in no attraction to men at all, so she's clearly not that.

The Kinsey scale is used to measure behaviors. Life experiences, and reactions to scientific tests. Hard fact, not phantasms. If all we have about you is that you've only had intercourses with people of your same gender, you're a 6.

They say Yurika has banged half the college's student body (that would be 5000 girls... perhaps a tad exaggerated? lol) but never in her life had sex with a male. That makes her place in the scale quite clear...

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

The Kinsey scale is used to measure behaviors. Life experiences, and reactions to scientific tests. Hard fact, not phantasms. If all we have about you is that you've only had intercourses with people of your same gender, you're a 6.

They say Yurika has banged half the college's student body (that would be 5000 girls... perhaps a tad exaggerated? lol) but never in her life had sex with a male. That makes her place in the scale quite clear...

It explicitly includes reactions, and Yurika has shown repeated interested reactions to men.

Edit: directly from the Kinsey institute website "Those at “6” report exclusively homosexual / same-sex behavior or attraction." Yurika doesn't even remotely have exclusively homosexual attraction, it's been made clear time and time again in the manga. Sure, the original research team gave the number based only on sexual history, but it was not intended to only refer to that, that was just faulty methods. So if by the Kinsey Scale you mean "the exact testing methodologies used in a single study published in 1948 that were not thereby continued" then yes, it does go off behavior alone. But that's not what it fucking is.

Edit2: Also, the Kinsey Scale was brought up in the first place specifically as a counterargument to her being bisexual - when by the definition you and the other people here are using to say she is entirely homosexual on the Kinsey Scale, it doesn't even refer to sexuality but sexual history, which means she could still well be bi, the argument it was originally brought up against, even if you weren't misusing the Kinsey Scale.

Edit3: also what the fuck do you mean "phantasms" - are you saying that sexual attraction doesn't determine sexuality or just trying to somehow invalidate attraction as a concept.

last edited at Jan 24, 2020 3:58PM

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Yurika is 100% het, she is just selling her body for money and power. Her poor wife has the worst luck though. I want to take her and throw her into a real yuri manga. :/

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

(snip arch99's wall of text)

Hoo boy. Someone went apeshit bananas.
The Kinsey scale only takes data from real life sexual experiences and data from tests run in a scientifically-controlled environment. I explained it before. In this case, we only have the real life data. Thus, we use that.
Don't like it? Too bad. This is not a classroom, and I'm not being paid to teach you. If there's stuff you still don't understand, look it up. Figure it by yourself.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

(snip arch99's wall of text)

Hoo boy. Someone went apeshit bananas.
The Kinsey scale only takes data from real life sexual experiences and data from tests run in a scientifically-controlled environment. I explained it before. In this case, we only have the real life data. Thus, we use that.
Don't like it? Too bad. This is not a classroom, and I'm not being paid to teach you. If there's stuff you still don't understand, look it up. Figure it by yourself.

It's cute that you got called out for misusing terminology, with sources, and this was your response. I sure as hell wouldn't want you to teach me, and I'm not asking for it. This comment of yours boils down to "haha triggered" followed by "I'm right because I say so", it's hardly the pinnacle of academic discussion. "Don't like it?" like what, you got aggressive with people over not understanding something that you didn't understand, and I showed how you were wrong, with sources. You're kinda just a prick

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think we can leave the Kinsey thing there, since it's really a sideshow at best where the manga is concerned.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Thank you as always, Nezchan, for being here for us.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Thank you as always, Nezchan, for being here for us.

I am the mod you deserve.

Which is kind of sad when you think about it.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

What's the release schedule for this manga? I've been following it off and on for years, but I keep forgetting about it because the uploads are so infrequent.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The manga finished years ago, the reason for the irregular schedule is due to the original scanlation group going MIA a few years back and while there are translations for the remaining chapters, I don't think there's a dedicated typesetting team working in the series full time.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The manga finished years ago, the reason for the irregular schedule is due to the original scanlation group going MIA a few years back and while there are translations for the remaining chapters, I don't think there's a dedicated typesetting team working in the series full time.

It's seem to be /u/ working on it so it's probably when one of the typesetters have time, he work on it.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

There's one book and a half remaining (the manga has 5 volumes, we are in the middle of volume 4).

Both Dark_Tzitzimine and Lilliwyt are right. Payapaya Scans was the original scanlator, but the guys they had working on this manga got tired of it and dropped it. There was a hiatus of 2 years with no new releases, then Payapaya started working with /u/ people to continue the scanlation.

The release schedule is irregular and unpredictable... but at least we are certain that new chapters will keep coming. Also, I just took a look at the Payapaya news page, and they promise that the next two or three chapters should be out in a much shorter time frame than usual. Yay!

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

It has been a constant struggle to keep people around to work on it, particularly translators. Still, the release schedule has been getting more consistent in the last half a year or so. The whole thing is translated and I'm basically just knocking out the edits as soon as I get new TLCs. It should be roughly a chapter every 1-2 months from now on.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Love that this is still around. Thanks for keeping up with it.

joined Apr 6, 2019

It's cute that you got called out for misusing terminology, with sources, and this was your response.

Get used to it. When someone who has professional knowledge of a subject explains something to you, and you reply with a salad of words that you found in a 5-minute Google search and that you don't really understand, this is pretty much a normal response.

From what I've seen of you, I suspect it's going to happen a lot in your life.

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 11:47PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.