Forum › Her Kiss - Infectious Lust discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

So her ex was 2 years older. My guess is they broke up when her ex graduated, bet the ex pulled the traditional Class S yuri trope of "well can't be gay anymore time to find a man instead" bs...

That or the classic "We were just fooling around!! Who i really love is rando-kun who i was also dating when i was dating you!!"

I hate the whole all girl school just playing love games trope. It's like the manga author reassuring the readers; "Don't worry these girls aren't really gay, they just have limited options. When they graduate they will properly date men".

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

It's just training for the real thing.

(That's one of the reasons I'm tired of school girl yuri...where is my fantasy adventure yuri v.v )

joined May 28, 2018

So her ex was 2 years older. My guess is they broke up when her ex graduated, bet the ex pulled the traditional Class S yuri trope of "well can't be gay anymore time to find a man instead" bs...

That’s why I always prefer yuri in regular schools to yuri in all girl schools.

last edited at Jan 23, 2020 5:13AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I know this was an important chapter, with some powerful emotions. However I can't get past the question; Why was the sugar in the refrigerator?

To keep the ants out of it.

Huh. That makes sense, I guess. I've never heard of it before though.

Our sugar is kept in the refrigerator, to keep the ants out. Seriously.

joined Dec 5, 2019

I know this was an important chapter, with some powerful emotions. However I can't get past the question; Why was the sugar in the refrigerator?

Yup, same here, sugar goes into the fridge

joined Nov 7, 2017

gets up off the couch, checks sugar for ants... puts ant-free sugar in the fridge

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

gets up off the couch, checks sugar for ants... puts ant-free sugar in the fridge

Those little sugar ants can be relentless, man. They send out scouts who leave a pheromone trail for the main body, and then later other ant species are also able to follow the trail.

I learned a lot about ants and sugar from the exterminator one day . . .

joined Dec 5, 2019

Those little sugar ants can be relentless, man. They send out scouts who leave a pheromone trail for the main body, and then later other ant species are also able to follow the trail.

I learned a lot about ants and sugar from the exterminator one day . . .

If you think sugar ants are vicious you should see rice ants
I traveled to a camp house with some friends last summer and the ants managed to punch a hole in a rice packet and were stealing whole grains, we decided to put the packet outside the house and see what happened, the little buggers emptied a 1kg pack of rice in an afternoon

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

I did NOT expect to learn so much about ants when I came here to comment, but.... huh. Life is strange.

joined Jun 25, 2017

Yeah! When is she going to come out of that closet. Lol this is so funny and romantic! My 2 fave genres.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

That or the classic "We were just fooling around!! Who i really love is rando-kun who i was also dating when i was dating you!!"

I hate the whole all girl school just playing love games trope. It's like the manga author reassuring the readers; "Don't worry these girls aren't really gay, they just have limited options. When they graduate they will properly date men".

I mean, the entire point of it appearing in contemporary manga is usually about how harmful and outdated that mindset is and how it's hurt the main characters, and to contrast the love of the main characters, which is usually shown in some way to be different. Like, that's a relic of Class S works, it usually shows up specifically to rail against it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean, the entire point of it appearing in contemporary manga is usually about how harmful and outdated that mindset is and how it's hurt the main characters, and to contrast the love of the main characters, which is usually shown in some way to be different. Like, that's a relic of Class S works, it usually shows up specifically to rail against it.

Totally agree. This is another example of knee-jerk reaction to the mere existence or even suggestion of certain tropes in a story, irrespective of the use the mangaka is actually making of the trope.

But one thing to remember about this discussion (and I really do mean this with all respect and friendliness) is that johnb is an inveterate yuri-skeptic--a veritable Eeyore of dire predictions about the probable non-yuri future of any given series, no matter how totally gay the overall indicators may be. And, in fact, their pessimism is occasionally warranted by the outcome of a series or two.

I'm just hoping for an eventual bright, rainbow-bedecked yuri future where nothing can possibly justify johnb's gloomy anhedonia.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I really gotta say, I don't feel like there's much point to that comment except picking a fight.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I really gotta say, I don't feel like there's much point to that comment except picking a fight.

There's where you're wrong--johnb and I have a good relationship here, as far as I'm concerned. I really am just pointing out that we habitually get the strongest possible pessimism about the yuri future of a series from that person.

And I really do prefer to see johnb happy, when possible.

(So when I said "I mean this with all respect and friendliness," you assumed I was lying?)

last edited at Jan 23, 2020 11:31AM

joined Jun 25, 2017

Ugh, I always get into mangas right before the good parts!!! Lol I just binged this in like 30 minutes. I'm a fan!

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

(So when I said "I mean this with all respect and friendliness," you assumed I was lying?)

Usually people say "I mean this with all due respect" or some variant thereof before being heavily disrespectful, especially when they're telling someone to disregard someone else's opinion, pretty much.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Usually people say "I mean this with all due respect" or some variant thereof before being heavily disrespectful, especially when they're telling someone to disregard someone else's opinion, pretty much.

That’s why I left the “due” off.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Oh dear lawd that handholding at the end was illegal arrest them officer i'm sure they'll do it even more in the next chapter

last edited at Jan 23, 2020 12:46PM

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

GUYS THE SCRUNCHIE SHE PUT ON WAS THE SCRUNCHIE FROM CHAPTER 1

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

No lie, this is the best work that Miyuki has done. The story flows so nicely, and it has me guessing and guessing. And it’s somewhat poignant, compared to that awful boob story she released...

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Bringing uninvited friends along to someone's house... kinda shitty to do. I'm glad it went okay, but like, idk why we're complaining about Ayane of all people here, this chapter she was perfectly fine and told Sana anything she thought she might want to know.

Yeah, Sana won the "who wants to be shitty" contest this episode. I mean, it's understandable why she brought her friends (and also ended being really kind of funny), but still, that was Not A Nice Thing To Do.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

My reaction isn't knee-jerk. I personally hate seeing that trope show up regardless of the author's intention in showing it, because I have lived through similar crap and despise it, even when I understand the origin or purpose. Not every reaction from someone is from a place of deeper meanings or failure to see them.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

My reaction isn't knee-jerk. I personally hate seeing that trope show up regardless of the author's intention in showing it, because I have lived through similar crap and despise it, even when I understand the origin or purpose. Not every reaction from someone is from a place of deeper meanings or failure to see them.

That’s sort of the definition of “knee-jerk.”

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I knew you'd say that, even when I specifically said what I said. You enjoy contention, but I'm not going to feed it. :)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I knew you'd say that, even when I specifically said what I said. You enjoy contention, but I'm not going to feed it. :)

You said that, in respect to that trope, you judge a work not on its specific content or artistic execution but on your prior personal experience. Am I misstating something?

To reply you must either login or sign up.