Forum › Between Philia and Eros discussion

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Honestly, even within the context of a girl's relationship, is it really normal to kiss on the lips? I know some people can take that lightly but really? What if you're French kissing? I would call that pretty gay. Admittedly, sleeping with someone and not wanting to screw is a little unusual, but still it's early in their relationship, it's still developing.

I admit I feel a little protective of Kurumi. I wish all these nattering Nancys and the jerk childhood friend(s) would go fuck off and let her and Nikaido have fun. From a story perspective you have to have obstacles but honestly I just want Kurumi to be happy.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

My hope is that Jun isn't going to be an ass and is just looking to get an impression of the person his oldest friend is dating.

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

fingers crossed for supportive older brother style Jun

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Honestly, even within the context of a girl's relationship, is it really normal to kiss on the lips? I know some people can take that lightly but really? What if you're French kissing? I would call that pretty gay. Admittedly, sleeping with someone and not wanting to screw is a little unusual, but still it's early in their relationship, it's still developing.

I admit I feel a little protective of Kurumi. I wish all these nattering Nancys and the jerk childhood friend(s) would go fuck off and let her and Nikaido have fun. From a story perspective you have to have obstacles but honestly I just want Kurumi to be happy.

Different culture. Can you clearly say that Japanese girls rarely give each other a peck on the lips ? I read several times in various manga that kiss between girls is nothing indicative of being a lesbian in the Japanese culture. Just some experimenting. I'm not Japanese, so I can't be sure, but it's typical class S mindset: fooling around between girls when they are young is somewhat acceptable or encouraged. Better than fooling around with boys and getting pregnant anyway.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Well, shit.

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

PRAYING and BEGGING that Jun is going to be a nice guy and that he isnt about to sabotage a blooming gay feelsfest.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Dating hella people to catch another guys attention?

It's the same as a kid who pull pranks just to get the attention of its parents. Nikaidou was just hoping that Jun may have a change of heart and start to love her back. Unfortunaly i think that's just make him really worried and wish she found someone for good.

It's about as childish as pulling pranks to get the attention of her parents, but much more dangerous. She was going out at night alone or with strangers and getting shitfaced on a regular basis. That's incredibly unsafe behavior. And then she'd call Jun to come and pick her up, which is essentially forcing him to make the choice between living his life on call to deal with her problems, or risking something terrible happening to her. Nika is the kind of mess that sane people wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

But that's just in real life though. In a story, it does make for a dramatic and compelling narrative.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Aaaahhhh this is so tense urg

joined Oct 15, 2014

That guy better fuck off on the next chapter...uggghh I'm sensing Drama

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

should we be expecting lots of releases now that yuri project has picked this up?

sleeping with someone and not wanting to screw is a little unusual, but still it's early in their relationship, it's still developing.

also, this is not unusual at all. cuddling is great.

last edited at Dec 27, 2019 5:05PM

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

should we be expecting lots of releases now that yuri project has picked this up?

That is the hope!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

runrin posted:

Since it appeared in every volume of Galette, there's currently 12 chapters out.

joined Sep 17, 2019

The idea of kissing on the lips being a normal thing in Japan between friends is heavily exaggerated. Unless you're playing a game like pocky or punishment, people will think it's gay.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

The idea of kissing on the lips being a normal thing in Japan between friends is heavily exaggerated. Unless you're playing a game like pocky or punishment, people will think it's gay.

That wasn't meant to be a statement about the entire Japanese people. It's just something those two characters think.

Edit: plus, I rather think they are talking about stuff like games or punishment, or making out when you're drunk or whatever.

last edited at Dec 27, 2019 8:57PM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

btw does anyone else think the style looks a ton like Morinaga Milk? not a bad thing.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

btw does anyone else think the style looks a ton like Morinaga Milk? not a bad thing.

For sure, it's the same type of art 100%. The fashionable one before she stopped being fashionable kept reminding me of what's her face from The Princess Mirror.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Jun is there to make sure things are serious I think, they are going out for over a month and that is probably the longest she ever had.
And he probably noticed a change in Nikaidou's behaviour too, since she stopped responding to his calls before the phone dropped in the bridge.

As for Nikaidou's feelings, she did mention that she gets hot when she kisses Kurumi so I think this muddled feelings drama is just a set up for she actually getting turned on and making a move on Kurumi since I think Kurumi is too much of a sweety to go on the offensive

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Well her trying to figure out whatever it's just a friendship or a actual love would be a very fitting thematically considering the series is called between Philia (love for friend) and Eros (love for partner).

joined Dec 5, 2019

Well her trying to figure out whatever it's just a friendship or a actual love would be a very fitting thematically considering the series is called between Philia (love for friend) and Eros (love for partner).

Tfw the philia love Nikaido felt was for Jun and she mistook it for romantic feelings

It is a very fitting name not only for the relationship between Kurumi and Nika but their relations with Jun an Kyou

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Jun loves her like a sister/friend, I guarantee it. He very likely feels terrible for having to reject her, and that's why he's always at her beck and call when she goes through boyfriends left and right. Then she goes and says she's switching sides and dating a girl now. He's probably well aware she's doing what she's doing to get his attention, and when she didn't come home the night before was probably really goddamn worried about her.

So I see through you, story, there shall be no love tetrahedrons here, story.

last edited at Dec 31, 2019 6:56PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

So, no comments on the three new chapters yet? I'm kind of surprised

So I see through you, story, there shall be no love tetrahedrons here, story.

I had read the scripts in yuri-project before this, I was just dying to spoil the story ehehe

last edited at Jan 1, 2020 8:40PM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

ahem

aaaaaaa AAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAA

last edited at Jan 1, 2020 8:54PM

joined Dec 18, 2018

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that cliffhanger, I think this is one of the few times I feel the story could go either way.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

If you think the cliff hangers hurt now, wait till you realize that we're only 2 chapters behind the raws and the magazine it's in is quarterly.

last edited at Jan 1, 2020 8:57PM

joined Dec 18, 2018

If you think the cliff hangers hurt now, wait till you realize that we're only 2 chapters behind the raws and the magazine it's in is quarterly.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Though, it kinda feels like the story might be approaching it's climax, can't see how much you could stretch out the main story without some really contrived drama.

To reply you must either login or sign up.