Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't get why we are discussing this. I'm pretty sure they show a flashback and say outright that the mom, dad and atsushi died in a car wreck, and Akira was driving.

Eh what ? I don't remember anything like that happenning because if it was the case then some peoples would point in out before. I can reread to check but i'm pretty sure we never had a flashback like that.

Edit : Ok, the problem with your statement is that, one Akira don't seem to have aftermath injuries and second well , both Akira's parents are alives since Ayako said she can't pay them visit at New Year's. The one parents who are dead are Ayako's one.

last edited at Dec 19, 2019 7:05AM

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

I don't get why we are discussing this. I'm pretty sure they show a flashback and say outright that the mom, dad and atsushi died in a car wreck, and Akira was driving.

Eh what ? I don't remember anything like that happenning because if it was the case then some peoples would point in out before. I can reread to check but i'm pretty sure we never had a flashback like that.

Edit : Ok, the problem with your statement is that one, Akira don't seem to have no aftermath injuries and second well , both Akira's parents are alives since Ayako said she can't pay them visit at New Year's. The one parents who are dead are Ayako's one.

I agree. There has been no flashback about anyone driving?

joined Aug 2, 2019

I love Ayako being jealous but really do not like the sexual abuse flashback. It explains her aloofness and lack of emotional responses but it might imply that the reason Ayako loves her daughter in a sexual way might be because of her trauma. Which doesn't feel right somehow but this is an incest manga so why the heck should this even be an issue lol existential crisis

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

I love Ayako being jealous but really do not like the sexual abuse flashback. It explains her aloofness and lack of emotional responses but it might imply that the reason Ayako loves her daughter in a sexual way might be because of her trauma. Which doesn't feel right somehow but this is an incest manga so why the heck should this even be an issue lol existential crisis

I agree with you on this fear but I have hope in Taiyaki. She would come up with a good reason why she's in love with her daughter instead of following her trauma and continuing the pattern. Ayako and Asuka is end game and they will have a happy ending. I believe in Teriyaki and her incredible writing that she wouldn't do anything petty like that

joined Mar 27, 2019

I keep staring at this section of Ayako's reaction to Asuka's hug. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch15#7 The top part of her reaction is cute blushing but the bottom is dark and fear. It just bothers me so much and I love the details of it. It's just a small detail yet it shows so much emotions

joined Mar 27, 2019

Also rereading this section, I wonder what Ayako meant by this. She is blaming herself for Asuka falling in love with her. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch06#22 I just assumed it was because she was pampering her as a kid

In this section here, https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch08#10 I'm wondering what the "You know what of yours" meant. It sounds like Akira is saying that Ayako is a player and Asuka genetically inherited from her so she is unable to deny Asuka's seducing skills. By Akira saying that they are close, sounds like they were sex friends with no feelings involved. Ayako's response to that is blushing and silent quote and in addition tothe next page where Akira asks if she was serious. Might be far fetched but I think the husband found out about their relationship and got into an accident after? I'm not sure how that is connected to Ayako blaming herself for Asuka's feelings for her

last edited at Dec 19, 2019 5:15AM

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

ayako has a super power and it's being a really hot mom

10350345_10203915261036022_4042905298182130354_n
joined Mar 1, 2015

Is there a part in this manga where it says that Ayako really love her husband or not since if not then maybe Asuka is the first one whom Ayako is really inlove with..??

Is there a part in this manga where it says that Ayako really love her husband or not since if not then maybe Asuka is the first one whom Ayako is really inlove with..??

Isn't her husband dead or something?

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I don't think Ayako was ever in love with her husband. In a flashback he put the ring on her finger and told her it was okay to wear it. But you don't see them getting all lovey dovey or even her having loving memories.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

But you don't see them getting all lovey dovey or even her having loving memories.

That's mostly because like said here, they doesn't seem to had the time to be lovey dovey. Not to mention it's said that the father approach Ayako forcely and probably insist a lot. Also it's mention he die within a year after they get married and don't even know that Yako was pregnant so it's easy to assume she got pregnant near the moment he die,otherwise he would have know.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I don't think Ayako was ever in love with her husband. In a flashback he put the ring on her finger and told her it was okay to wear it. But you don't see them getting all lovey dovey or even her having loving memories.

I dunno... We don't have evidence to say it's one way or the other.
All we know is that he proposed very forcefully and that she accepted, which surprised everyone because she had a reputation of indifference towards romance (or something like that, don't remember the details). If she didn't like him, the question would be: why did she accept, then?

joined Feb 14, 2019

I'm still not sure why people are so convinced that the flashback(s) in the opening of ch 15 are about abuse. They might be, but afaics isn't clear at all.

The first two images of her ("joy, "loneliness") could be years apart (hard to be sure hand drawn with very different angles, but skirt length and hair length seem slightly different; we don't get a clear look at her clothes or body in the second one so no age/time cues there).
Face touching can be comforting instead of fondling.
The clothing being dropped in the last one could just as easily be a coat or jacket as a dress (she is only wearing a dress in the first image, but this is clearly a different location, maybe even a different time, all bets are off). The first "joy" image she seems to be in shoes and socks, the last "fear" image, boots.

We know for certain that at some point in her past Ayako has had moments where she was being informed of her parents' death and of her husband's, no reason that couldn't be what this is.
I'm sure Taiyaki could do something interesting with a history of abuse but as a first/only interpretation, piling even more trauma into Ayako's history seems a bit excessive.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Or it's totally abuse and you searching excuse to believe it's not. What will be the point of the intro if it's nothing. You don't freaking imply a child abuse for NOTHING.

The first two images of her ("joy, "loneliness") could be years apart

She is reading the same book on the same bench. I can't believe you can think it's years apart.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm still not sure why people are so convinced that the flashback(s) in the opening of ch 15 are about abuse. They might be, but afaics isn't clear at all.

Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so, I already thought I was going insane here. Of course, as you say, it could still turn out to be that, but it really isn't as clear as everyone makes it out to be - to the extent that I made no such connection at all when I read it and had to take another look after seeing all the comments here.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If it wasn't the case, I think the author needs to urgently clear that up (being on social media or the next chapter) because is not a stretch to say that most people took it that way and it's an alarming issue that can't be brushed off or ignored in future chapter, it changes my view of her character completely.

last edited at Dec 19, 2019 7:57PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Me three.

I already thought I was going insane here. Of course, as you say, it could still turn out to be that, but it really isn't as clear as everyone makes it out to be - to the extent that I made no such connection at all when I read it and had to take another look after seeing all the comments here.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes Chekhov's gun does not shoot. The connection may be there -- or not. Let's wait and see what happens.

joined Mar 27, 2019

If it wasn't the case, I think the author needs to urgently clear that up (being on social media or the next chapter) because is not a stretch to say that most people took it that way and it's an alarming issue that can't be brushed off or ignored in future chapter, it changes my view of her character completely.

I think she has a plan. It’s exactly what happened with everyone thinking that Asuka had a sex relationship with senpai but she ended up not doing anything with her. She’s leaving us to make assumptions and let our imagination run wild. I think Ayako did get child molestation but I hope to Taiyaki-God that I’m wrong.

joined Mar 27, 2019

I think she has a plan. It’s exactly what happened with everyone thinking that Asuka had a sex relationship with senpai but she ended up not doing anything with her. She’s leaving us to make assumptions and let our imagination run wild. I think Ayako did get child molestation but I hope to Taiyaki-God that I’m wrong.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

There a freaking difference between implying a sex scene betwen Asuka and Senpai when they end up stopping it just before doing it because of Asuka's mothercon being too strong and implying a child molestation/abuse. The first one, even if it happen wasn't too much of a big deal whereas the second one is too much of a big deal to be implying without being true.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lilliwyt posted:

There a freaking difference between implying a sex scene betwen Asuka and Senpai when they end up stopping it just before doing it because of Asuka's mothercon being too strong and implying a child molestation/abuse. The first one, even if it happen wasn't too much of a big deal whereas the second one is too much of a big deal to be implying without being true.

Yeah and I can understand the author not wanting to show an old man raping a girl just to make things more clear... like "please, understand and don't make do more than this". Oh well, I would love to be wrong too.

joined May 24, 2019

Yeah and I can understand the author not wanting to show an old man raping a girl just to make things more clear... like "please, understand and don't make do more than this". Oh well, I would love to be wrong too.

I suspect the problem is that it came out of left field, like, it has zero to do with the central storyline, that's why many were caught by surprise: total new development, nobody was expecting it...
I kind of feel like that myself, I mean I'm hoping it's not what it looks like. I don't want the story to waste valuable time on stuff from 30 years ago, what I want is more development about Ayako/Asuka, now!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I really try to stay out of the prediction business on these matters, but I do note that the main previous example like this, Asuka’s encounters with Miyuki, suggested something rather more extreme in the flashback hints than actually occurred when we saw the whole story. That’s what I’m hoping we have here.

I’ve always been fine with an eventual Asuka/Ayako hookup and have been fascinated about how the author was going to get there, but I really don’t want Ayako’s willingness to be sexually intimate with her daughter turn out to be a function of psychological trauma because of childhood sexual abuse.

What I want is for Taiyaki to support the thesis, “Given the right circumstances, mother/daughter incest can be a good thing,” by showing us those circumstances.

But que sera sera.

last edited at Dec 20, 2019 10:57AM

joined Apr 6, 2019

^ That.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'd say the way this is set up it's almost certainly going to be right now we're doing a 'getting together because of sexual abuse in the past is wrong' arc, as demonstrated by even incredibly thirsty Asuka being taken aback because of how Ayako suddenly is acting. It then stands to reason that there'll be another arc which will be more about 'how to get over the past and make wincest work'.

So far, despite the incest themes, there's been no real hurdles for the main couple to overcome. Presumably this arc was introduced to give them one, and to make them grow as characters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.