Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

kind of like that one yuri assassin manga that the name of slips my mind at the momen

That's Akuma No Riddle. But that theory is way too farfetch to be true.It's way too supernatural for a rather normal manga.

I put the "normal" in quotes as I was reading. xD

I mean normal as in no supernatural or fantasy settings.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Wow, this... hit a little too close to home. :( I want to hug the mom.

joined Mar 5, 2019

kind of like that one yuri assassin manga that the name of slips my mind at the momen

That's Akuma No Riddle. But that theory is way too farfetch to be true.It's way too supernatural for a rather normal manga.

Place your bets gentle(wo)men?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't play when the outcome is so predictable.

joined Mar 5, 2019

I don't play when the outcome is so predictable.

If I'm right, I'll chortle into oblivion.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Bruh... this felt really short.. and she sounds like she’s getting very jealous/possessive... but now i’m really curious about the next chapter oof

joined Jun 25, 2017

Did we all scream out loud at that cliffhanger???!!!! Omg, omg, Taiyaki is such a good fucking story teller. I don't care, I ship Asuka/Ayako all the way. Taiyaki wrote it so that it is not creepy in any way, but so fucking believable and so romantic. This makes me want to throw up in a good way! Lol (romance/drama overload)

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Mom's past seems really dark... Damn. Does she think her daughter got abused too?

Also Asuka why the hell do you stop her!?!? Lmao.

last edited at Dec 15, 2019 10:27PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I've had this theory since chapter 5-ish, but I think there's finally enough evidence to put it out there. I think Ayako has special pheromones [...]

This isn't tagged supernatural nor fantasy so I don't think magic stuff would happen.

joined Mar 5, 2019

This isn't tagged supernatural nor fantasy so I don't think magic stuff would happen.

We're talking about chemicals here, nothing supernatural or fantastical about them.

joined Jun 25, 2017

Thank you so much to English translaters.

joined Nov 7, 2013

hmmmmm

joined Jun 25, 2017

I've had this theory since chapter 5-ish, but I think there's finally enough evidence to put it out there. I think Ayako has special pheromones (kind of like that one yuri assassin manga that the name of slips my mind at the moment) that causes others to be attracted to her. I think her and the aunt were researching them in college to try to find a way to cure her, and somehow it ended with the brother dying. I think Ayako is humoring Asuka because she thinks that it's her fault and that she can't control her feelings for her because she's under the pheromones' influence. It's possible she's right (but I doubt it), and that Asuka has the same pheromones albeit in a smaller amount, for which Ayako is probably going to blame her attraction to her on. I figure end game is that they both get cured and find out that they do actually love each other after all; maybe the incestuous siblings will be the ones to point out that it's possible to just accidentally love each other?

What the??? Am I missing something???? This is a trip of a theory but still... If 1x1/2 becomes a Yuri science fiction, I'll take it. As long as Asuka/Ayako end up together.

joined Jun 25, 2017

And also, WE GOT AYAKO'S POV!!! :,) Even though I wasn't ready for the darkness at the beginning, I'm so excited that Taiyaki finally went there. We are finally getting to know Ayako's thoughts and feelings. So, does this mean she's numbed herself of emotions because of trauma??? And she is finally feeling something with Asuka?

joined Jun 25, 2017

Bruh... this felt really short.. and she sounds like she’s getting very jealous/possessive... but now i’m really curious about the next chapter oof

jealous Ayako is actually feeling emotions! I need to wait for next chapter before I come to the conclusion that Ayako is possessive. Because we all know Asuka is. Hmmm. This just got so much better. But I also got more impatient.

joined Jun 25, 2017

Does anyone know what that object in the first page of chapter 15 is??? Is it a globe???

Champion%20einhart%201
joined Oct 6, 2017

Did.... did they just imply that happened to Ayako

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

Hmm... We just got a bit of Ayako's past...
Seems like a good time to have 3 or so flashback chapters. Each with at least two subchapters. Each with an alpha and beta part.

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

Did.... did they just imply that happened to Ayako

That's my impression too :(

joined Feb 21, 2018

Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Like I said before, doesn't seem to be an implication. Seems to be an outright declaration of "Ayako got the Bad Touch as a child". :(

joined Mar 11, 2019

:(((((((((((((

Bf8d3792-ce29-4734-b842-6f7d5e2364ed
joined Nov 22, 2019

Does anyone know what that object in the first page of chapter 15 is??? Is it a globe???

I think its a “cage” that she felt alienated from “feelings” that she spoke about, something doesn’t add up here…or she drank something made her that way (‘^0^)

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

Ohh ok, wasn't expecting this. I don't know I'm kind of scared, was it a good idea to introduce this kind of trope ? Because it truly feels like it's coming from nowhere. I mean until now, nothing made it seem like Ayako has this kind of childhood or was mentally affected through her life (maybe that's how she dealt with the trauma, like nothing happened or maybe she got some help). Well, I'll trust Taiyaki and see how the story's going to evolve.

I don't understand why Asuka pulled off when Ayako deepened the kiss, I didn't expect her to react like this.

last edited at Dec 16, 2019 12:51AM

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

You know, I was kind of thinking that maybe Ayako was somewhere on the spectrum and that explained her having a hard time figuring out her emotional state, but looks like it's WAY more baggage to unpack... :(

To reply you must either login or sign up.