Forum › Suicide Parabellum discussion

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Something at the back of my head is saying that this is similar to YamiBou, but I barely remember YamiBou

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

One thing I noticed is that place the stalker ends up in on the final page appears to be the school from the previous chapter, but before Ouka gets chopped up. The implication seems to be that they're the one who killed Ouka in that particular timeline.

joined Apr 30, 2014

And there's the time travel shenanigans.
$5 says it's another version of her

320px-annefrankhumanrightsmemorialantifaschistischeaktionsticker
joined Dec 31, 2018

Douman motherfuckin' Sayman.!

8tc1g5p728ou6b8fr5uq-yx0aodkzwwclm-riyo2awm
joined Sep 11, 2015

Her girlfriend is in a coma?

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

It's inception bitches.

joined Mar 17, 2019

So now we know what that bullet is

joined Mar 5, 2019

It's inception bitches.

GAY inception!

Chrome_owubdrgq2t
joined Apr 21, 2016

Fuck I'm going to need a notepad.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Woah! What the fuck!? I actually understand the fuck I'm reading and I'm totally up for it :3 Cool!!
Niiiiiiiiice~ So nice <3

last edited at Dec 9, 2019 1:24PM

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

So I've been reading this backwards, because I didn't know about this manga until now and I just went from latest to oldest.... and I think that's actually the way you should be reading this lol

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I'm so glad this got picked up again. It's finally getting into the weirdness we all expect from Dowman and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

joined Aug 10, 2016

So what's notOmiko Hakodate's ultimate role in this

joined Oct 4, 2015

More notable details:
We've seen three (potentially four) different chihayas now based on hair and clothing choice. Schoolgirl, mafia! vest, tuxedo and possibly stalker.
Ouka has different flowers in her hair in the first chapter, the ghost ouka in the opening of second is wearing a ring, but they otherwise seem to be the same.
Tuxedo Chihara from the first chapter didn't start out with a blade, but a gun, unlike the other chihayas.

joined Mar 5, 2019

So I've been reading this backwards, because I didn't know about this manga until now and I just went from latest to oldest.... and I think that's actually the way you should be reading this lol

I'd say you were onto something, but that lady says she blacked out in the rubble, which means the mafia!story happened before this.

Kanistorshik_octavia_portrait_wallpaper
joined May 9, 2011

I sense major homu vibes from this chick. also last page made me sad.

I know, right? Even a weird cat like thingy

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

it's always sad when you chase after someone you can never catch

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

And they told me there were no time loops

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Ok,I am impressed with people saying they understand this,I think I need to re-read it. I like the inception/Homura vibe,but I am not quite sure if I am understanding..it is ongoing tho right?...

joined Nov 17, 2019

You know I get the feeling chihaya is just coming to terms with her girlfriend committing suicide. ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

This is indeed channeling, and quite strongly at that, the premise and imagery of Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, an important but not-much-talked-about-these-days early (though post-Utena/Sailor Moon/Marimite) yuri anime, quite possibly the first to ever have as its central overarching theme an explicitly romantic relationship between two girls - though it would soon be overshadowed by Kannazuki no Miko only a year later.

Stoic TDB (tall, dark, bishoujo) with a sword jumps through parallel worlds searching for her adopted sister with whom she shares more-than-sisterly feelings, including an Orient Express-style train situation.

last edited at Dec 11, 2019 3:18PM

Icon3
joined Dec 17, 2017

Cryssoberyl correct as usual, what a surprise.

But indeed, my first thought at this was indeed "Is this a Yamibo fanfic". Except the setting is a bit more mysterious. I suspect there are at least two Chihayas... though I suspect it's actually three!

Hairband one, no hairband one, and mask one.

Fbphoto
joined Feb 26, 2018

I am amazed anyone remembers Yamibou. As the avatar here shows, it had...a profound effect on me. That woman is me in a spooky number of ways.

And yes, this weird little comic is giving me massive flashbacks.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I'd say you were onto something, but that lady says she blacked out in the rubble, which means the mafia!story happened before this.

lol yeah, I reread it again, it's interesting, but time is but a concept here haha

joined Nov 21, 2016

I dunno - not enough yuri for me - guess I'll head off.

To reply you must either login or sign up.