Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Forgot to mention, I really like the changes in art style. Seems more modern. The girls became beautiful from being just cute, especially Shimamura.

Also, thanks again tranlator and team!

joined Oct 9, 2019

I'm in love with this story

Saya_avatar_small
joined Sep 12, 2018

Really liked the Nagafuji/Hino bit for the bonus section, curious how this volume will turn out with the chapter names.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Every chapter update when I refresh the site is like a smack in the face of pure bliss and extra motivation to get my shit done so I can read it

Hino looks super goofy from other ppl's pov but she sounds pretty down to earth/kinda savage when it's just her and Nagafuji, nearly always self conscious of Nagafuji's behaviour too. It's an interesting gap

I liked the first narrator but I also felt kinda bad for her

Imagine being Adachi's Adachi. Poor girl.

I don‘t know if it‘s the tiredness but I don‘t get it

Adachi -> very fixated on another girl
Adachi's Adachi -> someome unfortunately very fixated on ice cold Adachi

Pretty interesting to see how the tables have turned too, that Adachi's pretty much in the same position now

last edited at Oct 29, 2019 4:37PM

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

Imagine being Adachi's Adachi. Poor girl.

I don‘t know if it‘s the tiredness but I don‘t get it

Adachi -> very fixated on another girl
Adachi's Adachi -> someome unfortunately very fixated on ice cold Adachi

Thank you very much for pointing it out to me haha

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Wew, finally caught up. I've been reading the mangas but figured I could give the LN a go; an excellent decision, that one was. What a good series.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

^ You have made the right decision there.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

^ You have made the right decision there.

I really did!

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Why is the cover illustration looks different? It looks like a close up.

The first thing I think about whenever volume 4 is mentioned is the library girl. I wished for her reappearance after what happened in vol 5

so I am going to assume that library girl hasn't appear again neither on this volume nor future ones yet? If that's the case I guess her pov was mostly to show more of how Adachi was back then to contrast with her current self, plus following up in the themes of change and all that. But who maybe she will appear in the future

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Thank you sneikkimies!

Not that this author has ever dropped the ball in terms of forward momentum, but I was glad to see Shimamura outright say she wants to build a sturdy foundation.

I'm generally not a fan of side characters, especially when they're developed more rapidly than the mains, but the moment between Nagafuji and Hino in the latter's room was well done.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

For reference:

gay drawings

Is this Non's art style? Or they hired different artist for character design?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Anime usually have their own character designers, although it is of course based on the original designs.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Anime usually have their own character designers, although it is of course based on the original designs.

Yeah but I remember that Non also worked in the anime of Chuunibyo. Hoping that she'll do the same for Adashima.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Can't really find any information on the anime designs yet, so it's difficult to say. Feels slightly different when comparing them to the novel illustrations, though. Even more so when looking up the more recent ones... May always just be slightly reworked for the anime, though.

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

Hello, my first post here.
Someone, named Kiyoe, posted about Twitter the illustrations of each volumes :

Vol.1 to 4 : https://imgur.com/a/H9BkPWx
Vol.5 to 7 : https://imgur.com/a/mRprLqv
Vol.8 : https://imgur.com/a/0siFRkk ( or https://twitter.com/kiyoe_sans/status/1125832613107781634 )

They are all interesting, but above all, the last two of volume 8. It makes me very curious about their current relationship because the reciprocity seems quite obvious.

last edited at Nov 4, 2019 4:59PM

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

They are all interesting, but above all, the last two of volume 8. It makes me very curious about their current relationship because the reciprocity seems quite obvious.

Well, it is volume 8 already after all. We all know Shimamura will eventually reciprocate Adachi's feelings.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Yeah but I remember that Non also worked in the anime of Chuunibyo. Hoping that she'll do the same for Adashima.

In the case of Chuunibyo anime, Non received credit for "original character design" by default because she illustrated the source light novels. It's Kazumi Ikeda who is credited with adapting the character designs for animation, which makes sense as that's typically a seasoned animator's job.

last edited at Nov 9, 2019 9:02PM

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Sancho and her friends are named after characters from Live A Live (so are Hino and Nagafuji (their first names, that is)), the weird line on page 72 is from gundam, and the witch hat fellow is probably from one of the author's othet novels. I can't say for sure, though, since this is the only volume without a page on the Japanese wiki where they explain all the references. As such, it might be that I missed some. Sorry.

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

And there goes my sleep again but as long as it‘s AdaShima i don‘t mind in the slightest! So far 2 chapters into the volume, I expect the statement „worst one of the volumes“ now to be in terms of rather little AdaShima interactions, while as well Tarumi trying to become more important to Shima than Adachi is. Adachi was barely a part of this chapter, but I found it really adorable how frequently Shima thought about her, just like when she chose that Chinese restaurant, simply to see her and being disappointed, even if only slightly, that she wasn‘t there. I‘m really curious to why Adachi is behaving like she did in this chapter... trying to avoid Shima. Will the next chapter be the same time period but in Adachi‘s POV or will it just continue where this one left off?

However just by the last chapter title of this volume „Love and Sakura“ I have high expectations regarding Adachi to finally stand up for how she feels. (The chapter coming before that one is however slightly troubling me, as I have a feeling it is gonna be about how Shima feels toward Tarumi and the other way round)

Also thank you very much for the translation @scanlator and qc. I‘m always like a kid on christmas eve whenever I see a new chapter update.

last edited at Nov 15, 2019 11:39PM

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

New chapter, yay! It became a habit for me to refresh this page daily, so I am really happy when there is an update. Thank you again sneikkimies, shadesofgreymoon and team!

Well then, I have always wondered how Shimamura currently feel about Adachi and this chapter basically showed it, even though she didn't interact with Adachi at all. I was under the impression in the last volume that Adachi was slightly special to her but it seems like I was wrong. Yep, she is just going with the flow. Adachi was doing all the effort to maintain their relationship and Shimamura just can't say no to Adachi or to anyone. It's like Adachi isn't even her friend, just another classmate. On the last part of the chapter, she is even on the verge of forgetting about Adachi and go with the current flow which is hanging out with those 3 new classmate and Tarumi. So if Adachi didn't call out to her in the end, their story would have likely ended up in Volume 3. Current Shimamura would never make a first move. She is mysterious, uncaring, but that is probably why people wanted to get her attention. Shimamura is such a chick magnet huh. Oh poor Adachi.

I am looking forward to Shimamura's progress in her love story with Adachi. Can't wait to see someone like her finally fall in love.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

This chapter was distinctly lacking in Adachi, even Shima kept thinking of her. Also noooooooooo, it seems like Taru is going to be a love rival for sure, poor Adachi. It ended on two good notes though, Adachi is FINALLY talking to Shima again after a few weeks (wth go be with your girl, don't avoid her) and imouto Shima may have a innocent crush on a certain (not so annoying anymore) alien girl hehehe. Thanks again Sneik, this may not have been the best chapter but it is much appreciated nonetheless.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Taru's a surprisingly fun, likable character for a love rival. On the other hand, I'm becoming increasingly unclear on what anyone sees in Shima

last edited at Nov 16, 2019 2:34AM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Shimamura, Adachi and Tarumi act the same with you coz they both have feelings to you. lol

Well then, I have always wondered how Shimamura currently feel about Adachi and this chapter basically showed it, even though she didn't interact with Adachi at all. I was under the impression in the last volume that Adachi was slightly special to her but it seems like I was wrong. Yep, she is just going with the flow. Adachi was doing all the effort to maintain their relationship and Shimamura just can't say no to Adachi or to anyone. It's like Adachi isn't even her friend, just another classmate.

Like what I said before, I always love Shimamura's pov. She seems to be uncaring and going with the flow, but what's lacking about Shimamura is initiation. How she wants to follow Adachi when she ran off of the classroom but chose not to, when she expects a call from Adachi, instead of calling her, she chose to wait, and when she wanted to check the 2nd floor of the gym to see Adachi but she didn't do in the end. She's lacking action to the things she wants. Shimamura was too afraid to get attach to people coz she believes it's just another set of friends that would change in time. I believe, Adachi is rather special to her, it's proved when she kept thinking Adachi from time to time, even though she's interacting with others or she said so herself, when she's doing nothing. The time the girls invited her to eat lunch, she still looked at Adachi first. When she's out with Tarumi and kept comparing, when they chose key chains, and thought she's a cat and Adachi is a dog, when she suggested to her mother to eat dinner in Chinese restaurant where Adachi part-timed to see her face to face but just to get slightly disappointed in the end. Or when she doesn't want other classmates to found out their place in the gym's 2nd floor. Unknowingly to herself, Shimamura is starting to get really attach to Adachi. It might not obvious, coz she always tend to overthink, denying and trying to distance herself as Adachi doesn't like to go with the flow as she is which is a bad thing for Shimamura but I can see from this volume, whether she likes it or not, Adachi is becoming a constant part of her life. This is why I really love the volume 8, coz it's all written in Shimamura's pov.

Thank you, Sneikkimies and the team, shadesofgreymoon for this update! Hooray! I really really love Adachi and Shimamura. I hope more people will love it too as the anime will out next year.

last edited at Nov 16, 2019 6:49AM

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

This is why I really love the volume 8, coz it's all written in Shimamura's pov.

Oh? So the school trip is all written in Shimamura's POV? As much as I love her, I still wanted to read some chapters in Adachi POV, cause obviously, her POV is much gayer. Lol

joined Oct 27, 2018

This story is just WAY too much of a slow burn, I find it too hard to get into it. They still barely even interact with each other.

To reply you must either login or sign up.