Forum › Ikenai Otona discussion

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I hope she does that would be hilarious. Honestly, at this point if this just ends up being a harem comedy where the ultra dense protagonist is a 30something women I'd be down with that.

This comment reminds me that I still don't know what route this manga will go down. At first, it seemed like a tender love story between an adult and a high schooler, and now it reads like a harem comedy with earthquakes and old men driving high school girls into the arms of an oblivious woman.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I hope Kaede hets her happy ending too, I wish she can be happy.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Well, she is bi, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

joined May 8, 2017

Symphogeah posted:

I hope Kaede yuris her happy ending too, I wish she can be gay.

ftfy

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

oh no i like Kaede a lot. most senpai stories end up with the senpai having done something wrong. but Shion was young and confused and hurt her senpai instead. hopefully kaede gets a good end

G-xnwzom_400x400
joined Sep 26, 2019

Place your bets ladies and gentlemen! What character will show up next chapter?

My monopoly money is on an old friend of Akemi who was always in love with her but never told her and will be jealous of seeing Shion sticking so close to her.

Anybody have an other guesses?

last edited at Oct 23, 2019 12:57AM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

This is a Yuri Harem that no girl should be spared from
Kaede join when?

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

This is the type where I'd be happy with a poly relationship

joined May 8, 2017

My monopoly money is on an old friend of Akemi who was always in love with her but never told her and will be jealous of seeing Shion sticking so close to her.

The daughter of the old friend of Akemi

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

harem intensifies

joined Jul 26, 2019

Kaede is madly in love with shion, not like the others who are only shion's friends... kaede takes akemi as a rival and even warns her to keep shion well otherwise....

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

rezakozen posted:

I threw the dice and got my card, it says "Free Little sister pass" but it doesn't specify who's sister

joined Feb 18, 2015

Not sure why people are referring to Kaede as Shion's senpai... she was more experienced than her, but
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ikenai_otona_ch04#5
they are the same age.

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

The daughter of the old friend of Akemi

All my yes-

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

never before have I thought that I would find a harem I really liked done so well and a yuri too;it’s cute, it’s charming and the characters are all quite lovely. what’s more, the story’s not THAT too far-fetched. It’s definitely a lot more fun to read than the turtle pace of 1x1/2

B61e85481cd305c6139d74d53e7100cf--pixel-ideas
joined Sep 20, 2017

Shioh is cute but I'm rooting for Yua

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

this one already reach "we can´t draw love" levels of dumbness but i can´t really hate this one is fun on its own way

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hey you went too far with that insult

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, We Can’t Draw Love didn’t seem to know what the hell it was—the terrible-dad-terrible-manga-artist was great, but had fuck-all to do with the rest of it.

If this has a problem, that isn’t it.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Shion's mom? No wait, they may be too close in age range. Eh, I'll still bet on it

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

yeah i think i overdid it, i wasn´t trying to say that is bad just that is dumb in a good and funny way

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

About the whole age gap thing. Yeah... I definitely do think that when the younger one is below 17/18 then an age gap of 15 years is definitely significant. An adult of 30 has experienced a lot more and the teenager usually doesn't even think about the differences in maturity. Plus a lot of young people do tend to make irrational decisions and don't even know what they're getting into when they hook up with an adult much older than them.
And then there's the fact that the adult themselves could likely be taking advantage of the age gap.

But the older they get then an age gap of a 20-year-old with a 35-year-old doesn't seem that big anymore.

Let me just one example from my own experience. I'm 26 and I have a friend who's 14. We get along perfectly fine and we can talk about our interests together. But there's a barrier. I never bring up stuff that's too personal and I told her that she also should avoid bringing up stuff that's too personal. In that way we can avoid getting too awkward because obviously our levels in maturity are big, if not massive, and I wouldn't want her to feel that she can feel completely "safe" with me nor that she can trust me with everything. I'm still the adult in the friendship and I ought to take responsibility for it. You never know when she could meet another person (a man) my age who DOES have other intentions with her and then tries to groom her. Then I would feel it's my fault for giving her an example that she can trust just about any adult trying to befriend her.

Besides this. I know that (if) the moment she starts making advances on me I will immediately have to reject them because it's just not right. Have any of you ever been (stupid) teenagers in love before? Would you ever be able to look back on it and think "yeah. It's completely right that an adult wanted to date me when I was that age"

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I can't speak from experience but it's a fact that a lot of teenagers prefer to date older people, like 14 or 16 yo dating an University student or graduate... There's even the case of liking people older than that, why? well there's first the attractive look of someone mature and then there's a misconception (that is often right) that all people in their age seem to be too stupid or immature. It doesn't make them feel safe to try making wild things without experience or they don't look very interesting compared to an older person... And in a perfect world without malice, it would be okay to choose that adult instead.

But the risk is too high, so many just want a one night and that's it, is hard know their lies... And then there's the social stigma. The moral pressure always comes from the fact that other people think that you tricked this youngster into sleeping with you, that's why is despised, no one wants to be labeled like that, your life could be ruined and you might even go to jail... And in the case of the teenager? nothing much, just rumors and then they move on. Of course I'm talking about the specific relationship in the range between 13 ~ 18yo to an adult between 20 ~ 30, if you move those numbers it feels like it's a different case imo XD

Aaaaaaanyway, is not worth the risk, and if the feeling is mutual you still need to be responsible and said "wait until you graduate" and that's like 3 or 5 years staying alone! ugghh!! so the faster you teach yourself and the girl involved that love isn't an once in a life opportunity or the concept of soulmate doesn't exist the better, rejecting someone shouldn't be something you will regret for the rest of your life because you don't like giving others the chance.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Now that I'm caught up with this one, it is actually pretty cute and wholesome. I think it's sweet that all these girls (Shion, Reina, Yua, Kaede) can find some comfort in an adult that's to be trusted and doesn't have any ulterior motives with any of them. Especially Yua's chapter hit pretty hard in that regard.
Akemi is so pure, and she deserves to be blessed with the unconditional love of these teenage girls.

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

The harem is growing a bit too large for poor Akemi, can't be easy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.