Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

AFAIK sneik intends to continue translating. Just keep in mind that chapters that are twice as long as usual are twice as long to release, so don't mistake a longer wait time for a cessation of release.

Thanks again translators. <3
Will wait patiently for the next chapter. Excited for Shimamura's POV. Just like most of the characters here, I also have a crush on her xD

joined Jan 25, 2017

Really like that character art too. Do we know if that's Non? Or some of the actual animation staff?

Still weird how coy they're being about what studio/director/etc are actually making the damn thing

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

I re-read the chapters again and noticed something. Do the characters here really not use honorifics?
Or is it just the translation?

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

I re-read the chapters again and noticed something. Do the characters here really not use honorifics?

Most likely the translation, it feels more "natural" like this, since it‘s translated into English. But I may be wrong.

joined Oct 16, 2019

https://www.crunchyroll.com/es/anime-news/2019/10/06-1/main-cast-revealed-for-adachi-and-shimamura-tv-anime

You would need to try really really hard to ruin this

I can‘t wait for the first trailer to come out! So far I really love the character design. Been binging the only content of AdaShima on Youtube (that one mmv) the past days. The excitement is real. Except what a little weird about the character sheet is, is the fact that they switched the height differences of them both. Cuz Adachi is the one that should be slightly taller (even tho it feels kinda fitting like this? idk before the height difference was even addressed in the novel, I was kinda expecting Adachi to be the smaller one lmao)

last edited at Oct 16, 2019 10:33AM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

AFAIK sneik intends to continue translating.

Thank you so much, sneik & co!

I took a look at the vol. 3 raws, and it seems to me that Shimamura and Adachi normally don't honorifics for each other. But the translation also seems to omit the occasional honorific that does appear in the raws. I personally don't mind; I think it fits the story's atmosphere, plus I'm used to it by now.

Except what a little weird about the character sheet is, is the fact that they switched the height differences of them both.

For reference:

gay drawings

last edited at Oct 18, 2019 3:07PM

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

I took a look at the vol. 3 raws, and it seems to me that Shimamura and Adachi normally don't honorifics for each other. But the translation also seems to omit the occasional honorific that does appear in the raws.

Correct. The only character I can think off the top of my head who uses honorifics on regular is Yashiro.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Oh my gooood. Thanks so much!!!

joined Aug 21, 2017

Bless these translators

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm dead
I just binged everything in 3 weeks and was missing this terribly for the past few days when this triple update just blew me away, like winning the lottery not once but three times
You guys are wonderful

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Three at once? Wow and it's not even my B-day, yuri gods please bless the translation team.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

ty swole Mothman + team.

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

I like how Adachi is so happy in the crowd of students while Shima is surprised by it. Can’t wait for the next volume!

joined Apr 2, 2013

Shimamura https://myanimelist.net/people/24413/Miku_Itou

Yay! Miku Itou is lovely! I like her as Kokoro in Bang Dream!

I can see how the VA can do the bright cheerful version of Shimura. Not really sure about the pessimistic and unmotivated version of Shimura.

It’s like seeing a version of Kokoro that gets hit by depressing reality and doesn’t have the band or the black suits to help. Except for the Misaki-like Adachi to come around.

On second thought, this will probably work out great. Can’t wait to ship Shimura and Adachi even harder than before!
Since I’m curious on how Miku Itou will do the voice acting, I’ll get to watch every episode with interest. Unlike the other shows that get skipped because I read the novel/manga and spoiled myself. This unfortunately includes Bloom Into You which I hope gets a full adaptation so that I can binge watch it.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Is the cheerful aura of Shimamura during her date with Adachi in the Nagoya station due to the fact that she finds the message thing sign funny and wanted to surprise Adachi? Or was it like an effect of her interaction wih Tarumi the day before when she slightly went back to being cheerful and stuff. Pretty hard to tell because her POV ended with the Tarumi date. I sure hope the reason is the former because it would crush Adachi if some other girl causes Shimamura to change. And also, I prefer the indifferent Shimamura.

As for Adachi, she sure is strange. Getting worked up about Valentines but ending up buying the chocolate on the day itself. It made it look like Shimura was the prepared one. But on that last chapter, Adachi being so out of character, so happy to the point of jumping and all, was so cute and sweet. Too bad the volume ended there, so we cannot see how she reacted when she found out that Shimamura saw her.

Thanks as always translators, sneikkimies and team, looking forward to Volume 4 ,5 onwards, with the most awaited telephone scene. I am getting so excited. Thanks again, truly appreciate it.

last edited at Oct 18, 2019 7:45AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I suposs Tarumi is the reason Nagafuji said Good luck to Adachi and oh boy it seem she need some luck indeed. I'm also asking myself if Shima being so happy in the Valentine's date was due to her precedent meeting with Tarumi and the end of it or it was simply because of the message.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

And with that, the third volume is done. The fourth one is apparently the worst of the bunch, so look forward to that, I guess.

Now, a couple of words regarding the future of this project. I am going to keep working on it, and I do plan to finish the whole thing, despite the news. I tried to contact seven seas as soon as I heard about it to see if they'd let me work on the project for them, but unfortunately (or fortunately for you, I suppose) they weren't at all interested. Makes no sense to me, but I wasn't really expecting anything more. Still, I've invested way too much time into this to drop it, and so I'm just going to have to live with the knowledge all my work will eventually be invalidated. But hey, at least their release schedule is total nonsense so I got plenty of time before that. I'll also be working harder and faster to get as much out until the date hits.

Anyway, the next chapter should be ready right at the start of the next month.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The fourth one is apparently the worst of the bunch, so look forward to that, I guess.

Worse for you in term of length so you had a lot of work or worse because it's filled with Tarumi/Shima chapters ?

Still a bit bothered that Shima was more quick at catching Tarumidrift than Adachi's one

last edited at Oct 18, 2019 10:27AM

joined Oct 18, 2019

I thought this LN was close to ending but they added more characters O_O

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I thought this LN was close to ending but they added more characters O_O

The LN is still on going and have 8 volumes so it far from the end.

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

Three glorious chapters!! This was amazing!!! There's so much to talk about, but seriously, can we talk about Adachi hopping with glee after she saw Shimamura's name on her class' name list!!??

last edited at Oct 18, 2019 11:18AM

joined Jul 21, 2016

Thanks as always translators, sneikkimies and team, looking forward to Volume 4 ,5 onwards, with the most awaited telephone scene. I am getting so excited. Thanks again, truly appreciate it.

Please give me the details on this telephone scene. I must know.

joined Apr 2, 2013

Miku Itou will also star in the Fragtime anime as Moritani

Is Miku Itou actually building a career as a Yuri/ yuri subtext VA or is the anime industry genuinely producing more Yuri/ yuri subtext cause yuri fans with huge yuri goggles like me and others here are just eating all this yuri stuff up?

joined Oct 16, 2019

AHHHHHH
screams in lesbian

I can‘t believe it, over 24 hours ago was the last time I refreshed the chapters list and today, 5 hours ago, I unexpectedly refreshed it again and without the page turning blank while loading, the 3 new chapters had just been added at the bottom of the list.
While I was alone in this very moment, I couldn‘t have helped but have my shoulders jump up in excitement. Just two weeks ago, if you had asked me if I enjoyed reading anything but manga, I would have said no. Now this light novel series has fully captivated me and even though I‘m a slow reader, I really enjoyed these 3 chapters and seeing that happy Adachi at the end of the third of the latest chapters, I couldn‘t help but share her emotional outburst.
Can‘t wait to keep seeing Adachi uselessly gazing at Shimamura through the whole class again. And also: YES we have finally surpassed the manga! (Even though a lot of the stuff that had been skipped in the manga was new to me as well, now I can‘t expect to read anything I have seen in the manga anymore, which adds more to the excitement to the following volume. And I can‘t wait for the new illustrations coming with the next release btw)

@ translator and qc, you do a great job and just know that I love you and I value you and I‘m happy you exist.

To reply you must either login or sign up.