Forum › SHY discussion

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

These last 2 chapters gave me Hunter Exam flashbacks. With SHY not feeling hatred for Stardust despite him kicking her ass.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

I don’t understand the big deal about him cutting his friends finger off, if someone cut my finger off to stop me from becoming a hate filled rage monster I would understand. Especially when killing him would have probably been easier

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I don’t understand the big deal about him cutting his friends finger off, if someone cut my finger off to stop me from becoming a hate filled rage monster I would understand. Especially when killing him would have probably been easier

I'm not sure it was meant to be a big deal, or even taken as one. Just folks made the connection that Stardust has some sort of mental difference (like borderline personality or on the autism spectrum, for example) that precludes him from having empathy. Thus, despite how obviously powerful he is, he has a total inability to overcome the same challenge that Shy overcame (by virtue of using her extreme empathy) without having to be physically damaging/forceful. They are like, literally on opposite sides to the extreme when it comes down to the empathy thing. It's kind of a neat dichotomy.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Yeah, the artstyle is nice and everything, but where's my yuri?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Stronger goggles are needed.

Screenshot_4
joined May 3, 2013

This manga is exactly what I need after Symphogear ended. Protag reminds me a lot of Hibiki.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I mean..... it was pretty blatantly lewd yuri already...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

IAKi100atT posted:

The problem lies on the hesitation to do it, there was none, he never considered the possibility of saving him without hurting him and look at that! there was a way!

joined Apr 1, 2013

Hope we get a tender loving moment next chapter while she is recovering as someone mentioned she does resemble hibiki from symphogear I just hope they at least show us some yuri eventually unlike symphogear so much build up for disappointment. No real confession just interpretation. We wanted them to be Canon

joined Feb 21, 2019

IAKi100atT posted:

The problem lies on the hesitation to do it, there was none, he never considered the possibility of saving him without hurting him and look at that! there was a way!

So? There might not have been, thats a lot of risk to save a finger

joined Jul 26, 2016

Plus the whole empathy route isn't really in Stardust's specs to begin with.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

IAKi100atT posted:

IAKi100atT posted:

Could've been a hand, or the entire arm... Or a collar in his neck, in which case he wouldn't hesitate to kill the "monster" Is up to you where you draw the line, mutilating people or removing the effect, is easier to cut of course! no risk and quick! but I would prefer more heroes like Shy... Personal opinion only, don't need to agree, I also happen to love the parts of my body too!

joined Feb 21, 2019

IAKi100atT posted:

IAKi100atT posted:

Could've been a hand, or the entire arm... Or a collar in his neck, in which case he wouldn't hesitate to kill the "monster" Is up to you where you draw the line, mutilating people or removing the effect, is easier to cut of course! no risk and quick! but I would prefer more heroes like Shy... Personal opinion only, don't need to agree, I also happen to love the parts of my body too!

It wasn’t tho it was a finger

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

So you saying, as long as it's just a finger then no problem, right? got it

joined Dec 16, 2017

Serenata, I AK will not get it. Your explanation as well as others were very clear. There seems to be a clear disconnect.

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Hope we get a tender loving moment next chapter while she is recovering as someone mentioned she does resemble hibiki from symphogear I just hope they at least show us some yuri eventually unlike symphogear so much build up for disappointment. No real confession just interpretation. We wanted them to be Canon

Yeah, some hurt/comfort would be good right now. I'm not sure if this is the kind of manga that will get that soft though.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Came here for SHY gets spoiled about the very last season of Symphogear. Dang it man, SPOILER TAG.

joined Sep 9, 2013

Either way of thinking can lead to getting others killed when you think about. Just depends on where you fall.

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

how is it that every single chapter has a deep ass message in it i love this fucking manga man

joined Jul 22, 2014

A Swiss Nowa appeared!!

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

In this world there's two kinds of people:
Those who are harsh towards Shy, but they mean well; and those who are kind to Shy, and also mean well.
And now she has dedicated her declaration of protection to... Koishikawa. Sorry, Spirits, we'll get you another girlfriend later.
Aaaand, we got a twintails tsundere. Not my favorite combination, but hey, it sells.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Aaaand, we got a twintails tsundere. Not my favorite combination, but hey, it sells.

I like new tsundere twintails nurse lady :) (I bet she'd get mad at me for not knowing her name too huh) it's like Hatsune Miku and Tohsaka Rin got all yuri and made hot sweaty hand holding and had a science baby

last edited at Oct 5, 2019 4:39AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

When for Stardust it was understandable why he say that to Shy, i kinda don't understand what was the point for the nurse to say it. Feel like she force herself to say it to be harsh but it doesn't feel credible.

last edited at Oct 5, 2019 8:33AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Serenata posted:

just a finger

Vous prendrez pas un Whisky d'abord ?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Serenata posted:

just a finger

Vous prendrez pas un Whisky d'abord ?

Someone know their classic. Tu bluffe Martoni.

To reply you must either login or sign up.