Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Jan 6, 2017

I’m wondering if Sayaka’s girlfriend is actually the girl from her swim class when she was a grade schooler. I’m not sure if they ever revealed her name or not but it would be nice if Nakatani Nio could make a bonus chapter revealing her. Also was it just me or was the last chapter slightly anticlimactic... I love the fact that they’re engaged but I wanted something more...sentimental. Like perhaps including the proposal. Idk, Bloom Into You is undeniably one of the best yuri mangas out there so my exceptions for the last ch was really high; but reading it was kinda,,, boring.

They're not engaged, they just have matching rings (the one's that Yuu was eyeing in chapter 42). Same sex marriage isn't even legal in Japan yet (if we assume that the series took place in 2015 when it first started, then this time skip would bring us to 2018 or 2019), so how could they be engaged?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

They're not engaged, they just have matching rings (the one's that Yuu was eyeing in chapter 42). Same sex marriage isn't even legal in Japan yet (if we assume that the series took place in 2015 when it first started, then this time skip would bring us to 2018 or 2019), so how could they be engaged?

Kinda depends where they live. Maybe it's that one district in Tokyo... did YagaKimi ever reveal where it takes place actually?

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Last chap's setting is most likely Oct 2019. Yuu mentioned that shuukatsu is coming up, so she's probably a 2nd year in uni worrying about the job hunting season at the start of her 3rd year. October because we're back at another cultural festival.

Kinda depends where they live. Maybe it's that one district in Tokyo... did YagaKimi ever reveal where it takes place actually?

Should be Tokyo. Japanese fans were able to locate the real-life locations of the setting so they might know the exact district, but at least from what I know, the aquarium in ch 24 is located in Minato, Tokyo. Still, same-sex marriage is not legal in Japan yet, only some wards and cities are handing out partnership certificates.

Plus, they're still busy uni students who aren't ready to move in with each other nor come out to their parents yet. Very unlikely they're engaged already. At least not in the literal sense.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Should be Tokyo. Japanese fans were able to locate the real-life locations of the setting so they might know the exact district, but at least from what I know, the aquarium in ch 24 is located in Minato, Tokyo. Still, same-sex marriage is not legal in Japan yet, only some wards and cities are handing out partnership certificates.

Plus, they're still busy uni students who aren't ready to move in with each other nor come out to their parents yet. Very unlikely they're engaged already. At least not in the literal sense.

I think that's close enough for now. Such a certificate is a huge step.

You can get engaged years before you actually marry. It's merely a promise that you will do it eventually. With these two I have no doubt that they would make such a far ahead promise to each other.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 10:15AM

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

I’m wondering if Sayaka’s girlfriend is actually the girl from her swim class when she was a grade schooler. I’m not sure if they ever revealed her name or not but it would be nice if Nakatani Nio could make a bonus chapter revealing her. Also was it just me or was the last chapter slightly anticlimactic... I love the fact that they’re engaged but I wanted something more...sentimental. Like perhaps including the proposal. Idk, Bloom Into You is undeniably one of the best yuri mangas out there so my exceptions for the last ch was really high; but reading it was kinda,,, boring.

Oof I meant like promise rings, sorry it was super late when I wrote that. Promise rings are like softcore engagement rings though.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 2:19PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I have this nagging feeling that the 4s translation is gonna be released and put up here either this night while I'm sleeping, or the next night while I'm sleeping.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Oof I meant like promise rings, sorry it was super late when I wrote that. Promise rings are like softcore engagement rings though.

Fun fact, the rings are actually Möbius rings (designed after the Möbius strip). They are sometimes used to signify endless love (since the twist makes both sides the same side). They also don't resemble engagement rings, which usually have diamonds and other decorations, rather they are more often used as wedding rings.
I personally see the rings as a way of saying that they don't need marriage since their relationship is already stronger than that.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 4:32PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I think that's close enough for now. Such a certificate is a huge step.

You can get engaged years before you actually marry. It's merely a promise that you will do it eventually. With these two I have no doubt that they would make such a far ahead promise to each other.

Engagement rings are generally for when people actually propose one another. I highly doubt that these two have done that when their country doesn't even allow same-sex marriage and they haven't even come out to their parents yet. It's more logical that those are promise rings, which basically represents their love and commitment for each other. It's not that I disagree they haven't thought about the possibility, but "engagement" kinda comes off a bit strong in the context of their country and situation.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 4:45PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Engagement rings are generally for when people actually propose one another. I highly doubt that these two have done that when their country doesn't even allow same-sex marriage and they haven't even come out to their parents yet. It's more logical that those are promise rings, which basically represents their love and commitment for each other. It's not that I disagree they haven't thought about the possibility, but "engagement" kinda comes off a bit strong in the context of their country and situation.

Like that ever stopped anyone. Engagement rings are a scam that only exist to convey feelings and make you feel better. They have no binding qualities or purpose, so getting them early means nothing. Whether they can actually marry or not, whether their parents agree or not, getting engagement rings is a symbolic thing.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Like that ever stopped anyone. Engagement rings are a scam that only exist to convey feelings and make you feel better. They have no binding qualities or purpose, so getting them early means nothing. Whether they can actually marry or not, whether their parents agree or not, getting engagement rings is a symbolic thing.

Promise rings are what those are called. But let's not be semantics. Here's my point, Touko and Yuu aren't engaged to be wed considering the context of their situation. The rings are only to symbolize their love and commitment.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Promise rings are what those are called. But let's not be semantics. Here's my point, Touko and Yuu aren't engaged to be wed considering the context of their situation. The rings are only to symbolize their love and commitment.

Same difference. All rings except the wedding rings are meaningless and a scam by the jewelry industry. They only have as much worth as you put into them.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Same difference. All rings except the wedding rings are meaningless and a scam by the jewelry industry. They only have as much worth as you put into them.

Except the wedding ring? Aren't all rings worth just their own price (and maybe sentimental value)? I mean, you can be married without a ring, and you can wear a ring despite not being married. Forgetting to wear a wedding ring you own won't make you single either. Legally, wedding rings have no bearing in a couple's marital status at all.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 5:38PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Except the wedding ring? Aren't all rings worth just their own price (and maybe sentimental value)? I mean, you can be married without a ring, and you can wear a ring despite not being married. Forgetting to wear a wedding ring you own won't make you single either. Legally, wedding rings have no bearing in a couple's marital status at all.

Sure, legally they make no difference, but a wedding ring has actual relevance to a permanent agreement. It also serves a purpose by wearing it. It tells everyone you are taken. Nobody can tell if a promise or engagement ring is actually well... what they are. Technically you can wear them on the ring finger and pretend they are wedding rings with the same effect I suppose. But if you feel the need to have a permanent proof of your marriage certificate, wedding rings are enough. You don't need 3 seperate pairs of rings in a row for each baby step. That's why promise and engagement rings are scams. It's just buying the same thing 3 times.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I still find it amazing how people can latch onto a teeny tiny detail and then shake it around like a dog with a steak because they NEED to argue their personal opinions into the ground in the middle of threads that are meant for different topical discussions entirely... Y'all have a real talent.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I still find it amazing how people can latch onto a teeny tiny detail and then shake it around like a dog with a steak because they NEED to argue their personal opinions into the ground in the middle of threads that are meant for different topical discussions entirely... Y'all have a real talent.

Oh pardon us. Go right ahead and talk about the actually important and topical matters. Nobody will interrupt you, you have my word.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Your point being?

Dude chill, it's just an internet forum. People are doing much worse than this in the UN assembly, for instance.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 6:17PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Dude chill, it's just an internet forum. People are doing much worse than this in the UN assembly, for instance.

"Decent men should not have to witness how politics or sausages are made."
- Otto von Bismarck

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Oh pardon us. Go right ahead and talk about the actually important and topical matters. Nobody will interrupt you, you have my word.

Your point being?

"11. Please stay on topic. Off-topic posting and conversation should generally be kept to a minimum. Thread derailment or re-purposing is unacceptable in all cases. Threads attached to specific manga are meant primarily for discussion related to that manga. Users are encouraged to visit the Dynasty Cafe, where you will be able to talk about any subject you like. Mods reserve the right to delete, without notice, spillover content from other threads and other chronic off-topic content."

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

"11. Please stay on topic. Off-topic posting and conversation should generally be kept to a minimum. Thread derailment or re-purposing is unacceptable in all cases. Threads attached to specific manga are meant primarily for discussion related to that manga. Users are encouraged to visit the Dynasty Cafe, where you will be able to talk about any subject you like. Mods reserve the right to delete, without notice, spillover content from other threads and other chronic off-topic content."

Thank you for reposting the rule, but we are all aware of it.
The rings are relevant to the final chapter and Yuu and Touko's dynamic. As unfortunate as it is that you don't care, it is still mostly on topic.

Now as I said, you can go right ahead and talk about the important stuff. Nothing will get in your way.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Look, I've moderated website forums before, and in my experience, it goes like this:

Nobody really does care that much about off topic conversations. We do care about people spewing hatred against others online, because it's degrading and who wants to host an online service filled with angry people lashing out at each other? (Well, maybe Riot Games and Blizzard do, but those are exceptions). So in order to prevent people venting at you for deleting their posts, we can just say "oh hey look it was off topic so I took it down", which is kind of a neat way to avoid conflict. And yes, eventually a mod will come and take down an off-topic conversation if it drags on for too long, but it isn't necessary to do so, strictly speaking, it tends to be more of an aesthetic decision by each moderator.

So, in my humble opinion, I'd say you shouldn't really bother about other people talking off-topic. You can move the conversation back on-topic if you'd like, and just let the mods do their work about the other stuff. ;)

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 7:14PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The on-topic aspect of the ring business has been articulated several times:

Whatever the official name for the rings may be, Yuu and Touko are wearing matching rings that symbolize their love for and commitment to each other.

Beyond that, well . . .

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Not as romantic, but hey could have gone with matching donuts instead

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 9:36PM

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

Fun fact, the rings are actually Möbius rings (designed after the Möbius strip). They are sometimes used to signify endless love (since the twist makes both sides the same side). They also don't resemble engagement rings, which usually have diamonds and other decorations, rather they are more often used as wedding rings.
I personally see the rings as a way of saying that they don't need marriage since their relationship is already stronger than that.

I definitely like your take on that. Only wish we got to see more of their lovey-dovey shenanigans after they got together. I wouldn’t be opposed to an after story like Citrus+.

To reply you must either login or sign up.