Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Here I am looking for posts regarding how they finally did it, but I see these threads and yuu puns

Did you yuu expect anything else...

Leaving now.

10565163_743008845759906_7288022486001237074_n
joined Jun 24, 2016

Yes!!! I've been waiting for Yuu to do this since forever.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Here I am looking for posts regarding how they finally did it, but I see these threads and yuu puns

Well, if you must know how:

First they watched a horror movie, then made dinner (with cheesecake!), then they took baths, separately, then Yuu climbed aboard Touko and kissed, hugged, and bit her, then they took off their clothes, there was more hugging and kissing, they said, "I love you" to each other, and then they intertwined fingers.

Then they woke up.

Hope this helps.

joined Aug 29, 2019

and then they intertwined fingers.

Yep. Things got really lewd this time around.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

One can not forget the cheesecake.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

One can not forget the cheesecake.

A cheesecake for Yuu.

Yuu can only blame yuurself for infecting me.

last edited at Sep 9, 2019 12:13PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

A cheesecake for Yuu.

She eat two cheescakes tho.

Good
joined Jun 14, 2016

Everone: so, who's top? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Touka: Yuu
Everyone: me??

Everone: so, who's top? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Touka: Yuu
Everyone: me??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVO5bUFww0

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ I'm sorry, the Wi-Fi sucks here in Lloret, can you just tell me what the vid says, since I can't wait to return home to find out.

joined Aug 29, 2019

^ I'm sorry, the Wi-Fi sucks here in Lloret, can you just tell me what the vid says, since I can't wait to return home to find out.

Don't Yuu worry, it's just a laugh track on YT, from the HollywoodLaughTracks selection.

Yay, I'mma make another post towards the very emotive discussion we had.
It's gonna be a big concession, so pls don't be mad.

I've mulled it over and over in my head and come to some conclusions. Took a while, but I'm kinda stubborn that way.
While I still find the dub to flow more nicely due to the omission of Japanese address habits, I had forgotten that they can add quite a lot of depth to a story. It's just that I didn't, and still don't necessarily, consider BiY that way.
That isn't to say that I don't acknowledge that proper address habits (surnames and first names, that is, I'm not budging on honorifics themselves) can add another subtle layer to characters and interactions. I was effectively reminded of this yesterday when I rewatched an episode of Hyouka on a whim, where the English dub does deliberately employ first names and family names to emphasize the relationship dynamics between the characters throughout the story. Now I'd say that Hyouka is much more deeply steeped in Japanese culture and lore, but the point stands: it can add so much that I was neglecting.
Coming back the the Manga at hand: If I go through with my editing project, I'll definitely do the first few chapters with both a first-name as well as a more authentic approach (sans honorifics), just to see if they're really that different to me. Spoilers: I think it'll work.
It wouldn't solve all the issues. The StuCo scene in Ch. 12 would work right off the bat. "Touko-Senpai" could, for the most part, become just "Touko", the few times that actually happens. A name-substituting or lone-standing "Senpai" is usually mostly filler or an address and can probably be replaced with either the surname, a different idiomatic filler or a pronoun. For the finale of Ch. 44, however, I can't quite see a better solution than a nickname. I mean, in that situation a nickname would probably work since they are lovers and it was an intimate situation... but still, unless it's foreshadowed in Ch. 12, it's not quite as elegant (which I think can be done without much issue).

Thoughts? (pray for my soul...)

Also I have another theory for the final chapter: They're coming out to Yuu's family, but Rei already knows and does her best to move it along swimmingly. Not only has Rei put two and two together herself, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was on the phone with Touko that night at the start of Ch. 39, not Hiro.

last edited at Sep 11, 2019 4:23PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Ch. 39

I don't think Rei appeared in that chapter? I just re-read it to find her, but didn't see her anywhere?

joined Aug 29, 2019

Ch. 39

I don't think Rei appeared in that chapter? I just re-read it to find her, but didn't see her anywhere?

No, she didn't, you're right.

The chapter starts with Yuu laying in bed while Rei's having a long phone call in the next room and the murmur is keeping her awake - or rather, that's her excuse for not being able to sleep. Yuu assumes that she's on the phone with Hiro, but I'm not convinced. Touko's not a bad judge of character, so she might have figured that she could entrust herself to Rei. It's a stretch, but isn't that what fan theories are for?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Ch. 39

No, she didn't, you're right.

The chapter starts with Yuu laying in bed while Rei's having a long phone call in the next room and the murmur is keeping her awake - or rather, that's her excuse for not being able to sleep. Yuu assumes that she's on the phone with Hiro, but I'm not convinced. Touko's not a bad judge of character, so she might have figured that she could entrust herself to Rei. It's a stretch, but isn't that what fan theories are for?

Ahh... I was so focused on the images I didn't pay attention to the text.
Thanks.
It's highly unlikely, but not impossible.

joined Aug 29, 2019

If it's not confirmed or denied it's totally gonna be my headcanon.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If it's not confirmed or denied it's totally gonna be my headcanon.

With all due respect, Zormau, your posts are reasoned and articulate—and often rather delusional.

Chapter 39 is prior to Yuu and Touko’s reconciliation. It is beyond unlikely that Touko would consult Rei before meeting Yuu in those circumstances.

Then in Chapter 42, Rei sees Yuu run off to meet Touko and thinks, “Lately she’s gone from being down in the dumps to walking on air. Busy girl.” Alternate translation: “Her mood has been up and down lately.” Clearly indicating that Rei doesn’t know what is affecting Yuu’s mood.

And Japanese has an excellent way of communicating the nuances of naming and familiarity, one that does not require inventing a nickname: honorifics. Sayaka, for instance, calling Yuu “Koito-san” is not the same as calling her “Koito.”

Translate, of course, in any way that makes your feelings tingle. Be not surprised when others remain markedly un-tingled, however.

last edited at Sep 11, 2019 5:39PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

With all due respect, Zormau, your posts are reasoned and articulate—and often rather delusional.

Hehe, no argument there, especially in this case.

Chapter 39 is prior to Yuu and Touko’s reconciliation. It is beyond unlikely that Touko would consult Rei before meeting Yuu in those circumstances.

Then in Chapter 42, Rei sees Yuu run off to meet Touko and thinks, “Lately she’s gone from being down in the dumps to walking on air. Busy girl.” Alternate translation: “Her mood has been up and down lately.” Clearly indicating that Rei doesn’t know what is affecting Yuu’s mood.

I had forgotten that one, thanks for the reminder. Yeah, that blows my theory, fun as it was, out of the water.

And Japanese has an excellent way of communicating the nuances of naming and familiarity, one that does not require inventing a nickname: honorifics. Sayaka, for instance, calling Yuu “Koito-san” is not the same as calling her “Koito.”

While you're right, I think it's a pretty decent compromise between flow and authenticity. Everyone will draw their line somewhere else. I also think nuances between, for example, Sayaka calling Yuu "Koito" instead of "Koito-San" can be well enough expressed through tone.

I think a small part of my aversion to honorifics probably stems from how much of a meme they've often become in English. It might be a worthwhile endeavour to try and take them back from the "notice me senpai" crowd and use them for more earnest experiences again, but I don't think that's my battle to fight.

Translate, of course, in any way that makes your feelings tingle. Be not surprised when others remain markedly un-tingled, however.

Nothing's gonna work as well for everyone, yeah.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Now that is how you end a romance series!

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Been following this series for so long now, this made me happy, we finally got an ecchi scene

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

For those who were looking forward to EN home release, Sentai just announced regular and limited edition BDs scheduled for December: https://twitter.com/SentaiFilmworks/status/1174036772415844352?s=20

joined Oct 22, 2018

^
First: dope.

But second: The moment I saw a new post in this thread, I became excited for the last chapter. Not enough to be counted as hype, but should get to hype-levels of excitement within several days.

last edited at Sep 17, 2019 6:20PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Rei's Recipe Card

Did they just put the cheescake recipe in the bundle ?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Rei's Recipe Card

Did they just put the cheescake recipe in the bundle ?

What a crazy move. Now all the fans can capture Yuu with ease! How could they give us such an overpowered weapon?

joined Aug 29, 2019

That timing is pretty convenient, about a week before the final chapter...

Also kinda makes me even more hopeful that we'll get a second season.

Wonder if we'll get home video audio on hidive, if they redid any of it. They have updated the available streaming audio in the past I think.

Also yay, Golden Time dub.

last edited at Sep 18, 2019 12:33PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Volume 1 is finally out in France, and man the art comes off so much better in a paper volume. I almost rediscovered the early chapters…

Doesn't seem to be any translation fumbles either, although said translation feels a little flat on some parts. Nothing that ruins the experience though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.