Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

People here got all mad from the chapter dumps and not being able to comment on individual chapters....... Me here all mad waiting for a few chapters at a time.... Just as it gets angsty too.... Having a heap to read one after the other was fine by me
tears up

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

We usually dump chapters as they're ready, we were two typesetting (now a new Chad just joined!) and we divided them based on the characters. I have more free time, so I have already other 9 chapters ready, but they're not in the correct order. We decided to dump them as soon as they are done, would you guys prefere having one chapter at a time from now on?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well I think 2 at a time (and sometimes 3 like during xmas hahaha) is good because some chapters feel too short so you always end up wanting a liiiittle more xP But no more than that of course, not only would that be hard, it also makes individual chapters feel less special.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Ok! We'll stick to that!

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I had a mental breakdown and my heart is still not over it, so read this just added more of that feeling to it. So I’ll just sleep it over. (Not that anyone wants to know or anything)

But I also wanted to say that, that scene very much remind me of ushio breakdown in sasameki koto chapter 31.
https://mangakakalot.com/chapter/sasameki_koto/chapter_31

That was both worse and not as bad. It was worse because (IMO) the characters were better developed, so I empathized with Ushio's breakdown more, but it wasn't as bad because you could tell that those idiots were actually mutually in love and whenever they just -talked about it- (and you knew they would eventually) it would all work out.

Here Mio's feelings for Shizuka feel more fragile, and Shizuka seems more like she's taking shelter from her broken heart in Mio's fondness.

Dynasty-edited-winter-pharm
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 29, 2010

We usually dump chapters as they're ready, we were two typesetting (now a new Chad just joined!) and we divided them based on the characters. I have more free time, so I have already other 9 chapters ready, but they're not in the correct order. We decided to dump them as soon as they are done, would you guys prefere having one chapter at a time from now on?

At the very least, releasing multi-part chapters together would be nice.

Unless they're not sequential for some reason.

Otherwise, dumping a whole bunch or a one at time is fine by me.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

So what's the deal with the first page? You know, Shizuka on her knees in front of Mio, crying and (we can guess) begging for forgiveness? Is it supposed to be a flashforward of things to come?

Because, really, if that's what it is, it kinda spoils the suspense... >_<

Lmao it's the logical conclusion of the current development! XD

Everyone thinks this chapter was so great and the characters acted so realistic, and of course they are right... and there's a reason for it: everything that happens is solid, time-tested tv romcom/dorama fare!

The whole situation is something that's been done like 1000 times in telenovela-like Japanese tv series. Mio plays the loving wife of the MC couple, Shizuka plays the husband who loves his wife but succumbed to temptation and cheated on her once or twice, and Mio's role in this chapter is a perfect display of the angst and suffering and doubts of the wife who discovered her hubbie's cheating!

Especially when she wonders if she should endure the pain, pretend she knows nothing, and in that way protect the pleasant facade of the marriage! That's a classic. But of course in the end she always chooses to confront him (oops in this case that's "her") because otherwise the viewers (in this case readers) wouldn't get the conflict they/we crave.

If this keeps going like this, I mean going the Japanese dorama way, then in next chapter Mio will forgive Shizuka after Shizuka weeps and wails and apologizes on her knees long enough. :)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It might happen a lot but not everyone can portrait it well enough in manga

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

So what's the deal with the first page? You know, Shizuka on her knees in front of Mio, crying and (we can guess) begging for forgiveness? Is it supposed to be a flashforward of things to come?

Because, really, if that's what it is, it kinda spoils the suspense... >_<

Lmao it's the logical conclusion of the current development! XD

Everyone thinks this chapter was so great and the characters acted so realistic, and of course they are right... and there's a reason for it: everything that happens is solid, time-tested tv romcom/dorama fare!

The whole situation is something that's been done like 1000 times in telenovela-like Japanese tv series. Mio plays the loving wife of the MC couple, Shizuka plays the husband who loves his wife but succumbed to temptation and cheated on her once or twice, and Mio's role in this chapter is a perfect display of the angst and suffering and doubts of the wife who discovered her hubbie's cheating!

Especially when she wonders if she should endure the pain, pretend she knows nothing, and in that way protect the pleasant facade of the marriage! That's a classic. But of course in the end she always chooses to confront him (oops in this case that's "her") because otherwise the viewers (in this case readers) wouldn't get the conflict they/we crave.

If this keeps going like this, I mean going the Japanese dorama way, then in next chapter Mio will forgive Shizuka after Shizuka weeps and wails and apologizes on her knees long enough. :)

Most other yuri manga would have dragged out the "Is Mio gonna confront Shizuka?" thing for at least a couple chapters of her trying to pretend things are fine so this is actually pretty novel for the medium. A lot of dramas/romcoms would do the same actually because half their length comes from the characters wilfully refusing to communicate.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

This is very real and very painful for me beecause I've gone through something similar quite recently. Oof.

I'm not that hurt, it wasn't a match made it heaven anyway, just simply don't date someone if you are in love with someone else

So is empathy towards Mio not at all an option, or...

I do feel empathy for her, that's why I'm saying senpai shouldn't have used her to fill the empty gap of love and attention she needed to fill

Though I guess I've just been skipping the chapters with these two since I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later so I don't really feel an emotional attachment to Mio

last edited at Sep 22, 2019 8:28PM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Are you an angel? Who answers back to commentors on dynasty?

joined Jun 28, 2018

me today

OOH! There's been a big update since I checked last! I must have 15 chapters to read, YAY!!

Gets to the end of 153 only to discover 154 hasn't been uploaded yet

Throws phone and sobs in the corner

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

This series is the frigging best.

Coincidently there when part 2 was released here, NICE

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Way to step up and be the senpai there Mio.
Glad they ended up talking it out (given the short format of this manga).

joined Dec 18, 2018

That...was better than I expected. I thought if they ended up making up it would feel weird and forced...but I'm glad to have been proved wrong.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

This episode was really great but I think Mio should be colder towards her, she shouldn't forgive her so easily... But I love so much this couple, so I am glad they are together again, but if Mio gets hurt again by her on future, so the best will be a break up. Kissing and messing around are the worst when you have someone who likes you, I am glad that Mio finally asked her out and got accepted!

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 2:44PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Nope, hated it. At least the part after Shizuka returned to the room and Mio caved. Shizuka's tears were a dead giveaway, she started breaking down when Mio basically shoved the truth into her face. And she can not face that truth. The fact she is not even remotely over Kaoru (who, incidentally, seems to be falling genuinely in love with someone else), making Mio the last straw keeping her afloat.

She can not come to terms with Kaoru possibly finding something more than a casual fling with another girl, and she can not bear the possibility of simultaneously losing her cheap coping mechanism, which is what Mio essentially is, as far as I see it. If this ends badly, Mio will have only herself to blame.

joined Jan 13, 2019

audience booing

commit to the breakup, come onnnnnn

EDIT: also hey translators + typesetters, thanks for your work! i think maybe updating at a maximum of like two chapters per upload would help keep people from being overwhelmed with things to discuss, but ultimately yall should do what works best for you. don't burn yourselves out adapting to a weird schedule if you know what works best for you. at any rate i'm sure everyone would agree that we're grateful for your work, and appreciate the check-in

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 3:13PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Ch 154

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 3:31PM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

kissing fingers like an Italian chief in front of a perfect bowl of spaghetti
Ugh that hit the good spot. That was so so nice. I want to see how it develops from here

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

I thought this resolution was alright. Their relationship was always in this weird place and now they can at least try to approach each other from similar positions. They're a bit more on the same page now, though they need to talk everything through.

Bit disappointed it's still "senpai" and not Shizuka/Asami, kind of feels like there needs to be some more progress than just this. But hey, at least they're moving!

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

Well, they're just teenage girls. One is genuinely in love with the other. One views the other as a life line, a substitute. None of them can truly cut ties with the other so this resolution is totally understandable and realistic, it's actually quite good if I have to say. But fuck me if it doesn't feel like a gut punch. Especially when the senpai said "I didn't come here to hear something like this", that line angers me quite a bit for whatever reason. I hope shits get better for Mio in the future because right now it sucks to be her.

Download
joined May 8, 2015

I was hoping Mio would break up with her...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Tevin posted:

I was hoping Mio would break up with her...

Not realistic. She had a huge emotional investment in sempai. You don't write that kind of investment off just because of a single instance of "feeling betrayed".

Or it would mean her feelings were that shallow.

To reply you must either login or sign up.