Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

fun fact, the manga industry is legally allowed to shut down any series that doesn't include at least one scene where a girl is jealous of the size of another girl's boobs

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

fun fact, the manga industry is legally allowed to shut down any series that doesn't include at least one scene where a girl is jealous of the size of another girl's boobs

Learn something new everyday. Didn't think a manga could go bust over something like that.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Akazawa, I feel you. This feeling you feel, I feel deeply.
I also fell asleep on a school trip before and nobody woke me up.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Poor Akazawa.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

oh. nice. My faith is restored. The glasses trick was clever. Or at least not one I've seen before.
hmm. Finally don't mind the love triangle foreshadowing so much. My therapy must be working!

>Nah Izumi is just sensibly aware of Nanaki's feelings and wants her to be happy with Kurokawa even if it means Izumi herself doesn't end up with Nanaki. She seems to be the more selfless and sensitive type of character.

I'd be down with that too of course.

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 3:09AM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015
New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I also fell asleep on a school trip before and nobody woke me up.

Oh, I'm actually envious of you.
If only my roommates during the school trip were like that, to leave me sleeping.

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 3:14AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Honestly though, I agree with the general sentiment:
This was a pretty uplifting chapter with quite a few hilarious scenes.

Also, @kilometres

How the story is right now:

"They has us in the first half. Not gonna lie"

It's laughable because it's true.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Sweet, foolish Kanade.
You should feel blessed, Kanade. Being an I-cup is a nightnare, finding bras is hard af.
Nope, Nanaki, end this right now, she is not the one you need to chase after.
I feel for you... Girl whose name I don't remember but I know she loves Nanaki.

For your own sake Loralei, stop reading this story already. You clearly hate it for really personal reasons and have a bad understanding of what's actually going on.

PS: That's not an I-cup. Holy shit, does anybody understand bra sizes?

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 4:23AM

joined May 19, 2016

What was that about bewitching beauty and self-destructing?

joined Mar 18, 2018

It's probably been said before but this really has that "need an anime feel" to it!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Iro-chan knows her tropes and is well prepared.

And these two useless lesbians should just kiss already.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Alright so now I'm pretty sure Izumi was intentionally trying to gaslight Fujishiro out of jealousy and not just in deep denial about her own feelings and projecting.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Geek level OVER 9000

TBH Iro is a welcome mood-lightener and contrast in general. The others are all tangled up in messy relationship issues and personal insecurities and whatnots and she basically just wants to have fun "living her manga-like highschool life" to paraphrase Watamote :d

joined Oct 10, 2016

Sweet, foolish Kanade.
You should feel blessed, Kanade. Being an I-cup is a nightnare, finding bras is hard af.
Nope, Nanaki, end this right now, she is not the one you need to chase after.
I feel for you... Girl whose name I don't remember but I know she loves Nanaki.

For your own sake Loralei, stop reading this story already. You clearly hate it for really personal reasons and have a bad understanding of what's actually going on.

PS: That's not an I-cup. Holy shit, does anybody understand bra sizes?

I am an I-cup.

Plus, I don't hate the story for personal reasons. Nanaki nad Kanade do not look cute together. Their constant arguing makes me sick. Plus, I ask myself with every chapter why they have never thought how good their lives were before they got "together"?

EDIT #2: I don't like abandoning mangas before end. Unless the plot just screams "absurd" looking at you, I'll cheer on my Onee-yuri" or sth

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 8:11AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I am an I-cup.

Plus, I don't hate the story for personal reasons. Nanaki nad Kanade do not look cute together. Their constant arguing makes me sick. Plus, I ask myself with every chapter why they have never thought how good their lives were before they got "together"?

EDIT #2: I don't like abandoning mangas before end. Unless the plot just screams "absurd" looking at you, I'll cheer on my Onee-yuri" or sth

By what standards? Japanese? They always go one size farther than most of the world. Either way, my condolences to your back.

They barely argue. You complained about them every single chapter for superficial reasons like "Oh no, Kurokawa is trying to improve her looks, but she shouldnt do that." or "Fujishiro is just in a different world, you don't belong there." Sounds like a very personal experience to me.
And now you make the ridiculous argument that they were better off without each other, even though the plot entirely contradicts that. Like I said, you don't get the story. Kurokawa wants to improve her looks. She enjoys it. Fujishiro doesn't need friends who backstab her or are mean to someone she likes. Kurokawa lost her clique of friends who were just as superficial as Fujishiro's. They raised each other up, brought out the best out of each other and clearly have feelings for each other. Only someone who ignores everything that has been happening could deny this.

Abandon things you don't like. You are just frustrating yourself.

E3b0ae88-e397-4841-ada6-f0d793de4c21
joined Nov 25, 2018

They raised each other up, brought out the best out of each other and clearly have feelings for each other. Only someone who ignores everything that has been happening could deny this.

Well said, BugDevil. I’m glad that there are people who see my girls for what they are. Two people improving each other’s lives. Seems like any manga I read now, the plot or characters are misunderstood and people want to drop the manga or instead of just dropping it, going on a tangent continually about how much they dislike it.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Learn something new everyday. Didn't think a manga could go bust over something like that.

Bravo! Well played!

And these two useless lesbians should just kiss already.

I agree to both points, except in the official publication, sadly, they must be referred to as "Failed" lesbians... :(

Alright so now I'm pretty sure Izumi was intentionally trying to gaslight Fujishiro out of jealousy and not just in deep denial about her own feelings and projecting.

Yep. I was pretty sure that was the case before. Now it is certain. It's a bit sad, since these four make a fairly strong group of friends and Iro-chan doesn't seem to be an actual romantic rival for Kanade's affections. It's also fairly clear that Izumi doesn't feel she has a shot at this point. She is better at reading the room than either of the useless ones...

I am an I-cup.

By what standards? Japanese? They always go one size farther than most of the world. Either way, my condolences to your back.

They barely argue. You complained about them every single chapter for superficial reasons like "Oh no, Kurokawa is trying to improve her looks, but she shouldnt do that." or "Fujishiro is just in a different world, you don't belong there." Sounds like a very personal experience to me.
And now you make the ridiculous argument that they were better off without each other, even though the plot entirely contradicts that. Like I said, you don't get the story. Kurokawa wants to improve her looks. She enjoys it. Fujishiro doesn't need friends who backstab her or are mean to someone she likes. Kurokawa lost her clique of friends who were just as superficial as Fujishiro's. They raised each other up, brought out the best out of each other and clearly have feelings for each other. Only someone who ignores everything that has been happening could deny this.

I entirely agree with BugDevil's analysis of the two (useless) protagonists. It might also be noted that Fujishiro thoroughly enjoyed the manga she borrowed from Kurokawa earlier in the story, even if she hasn't become an otaku over it. They have both shared their interests with each other and benefited.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nanaki and Kanade do not look cute together.

So are you a member of the gyaru group of bitchy girls or the otaku group of bitchy girls?

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

I'm glad I'm giving this a second chance. After the first two chapters, I dropped it so fast. Helps that I pretty much ran out of yuri to read so here I am, queer & invested.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I have zero sympathy for the third wheel. I hope we can just graze by the triangle plot. ٩◔̯◔۶

I'm here for more cuteness, awkwardness, etc., etc. ヽ(´▽`)/

To reply you must either login or sign up.