Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Like, I love the idea of a triad as the resolution of a love triangle, but I sensed no attraction whatsoever between Kou and Amane.

Yeah, that's what I think too. It's so odd that someone who seem disinterested in-love suddenly felt something. I know it's axed, but it still feel so off.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 1:01AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

...I guess I liked the overall plot beats of that last chapter, but it felt like it should have been spread out over a full volume

Also I'm annoyed that the ridiculously attractive teacher was never really relevant

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

I feel cheaped out of an ending :/

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

huh? huh? huh? Did i miss a chapter? I mean i'm not complaining about the happy ending but that was like a bullet train speed run on "how fast can i conclude this and make everyone happy asap" I almost laughed at how fast everyone was progressing. One moment "tell her your prob!" then "oh shit, you won, woohoo!" then "SENPAI Pours Out PAinful pAsT" then "don't worry senpai, maybe we'll hentai...jk bye" then "omg why didn't you chase after her" then "confession x2" then "poly marriage"

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Hahah when you don't want to third wheel your main character, just make a polyam ending ;) love it

Don't let your dreams be dreams, Iwami-sensei

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I'm not sure what I feel about this. On one hand I'm glad that this went poly (even though I'm not a fan of poly). While on the other hand, this obviously rushed way of ending things is just giving me a headache and the feeling of being suddenly air dropped with neither warning nor parachute at who knows where in the middle of a supposedly smooth flight.

Scarlet Eyes Yuri
7ti0sauh
joined Sep 22, 2019

I was surprised to see it end not with her getting together with the photography club senpai, but with a poly relationship. Unfortunately, the ending was so obviously rushed that everything seems out of left field.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Hmm...I don't know, it didn't feel rushed to me. The previous chapter definitely felt like the penultimate one, leading up to the climax and resolution. Maybe I'll feel differently when I read the series all together as a whole, though.

Also, I was NOT expecting the polyamory ending. Holy balls. What's more, I think it actually works really well for these characters, even though I often find that polyamory is very difficult to make work well in a story.

Overall, this was a solid read. The highlights are the absolutely gorgeous art and largely unconventional plot, plus a fantastic main character.

984ee08ca42d308f9bdaa33a06c653e7
joined Dec 24, 2015

What a lame ending

joined Sep 6, 2018

I was surprised to see it end not with her getting together with the photography club senpai, but with a poly relationship. Unfortunately, the ending was so obviously rushed that everything seems out of left field.

Maybe mangaka’s models unionized and she couldn’t make payroll, so she ended up closing the storyline?

joined Jul 24, 2018

I'm not sure how I feel about this ending... kinda wish this was how Nanashi no Asterism ended tho

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Well, that escalated quickly

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

WhaT? Is this was canceled and mangaka decided to have some fun? Welp at least art is beautiful.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I'm not sure how I feel about this ending... kinda wish this was how Nanashi no Asterism ended tho

Amen!

RumpledForeSkiin
joined Jun 27, 2016

Wait... if Kou ended up with them two then who is gonna date the cutie pie Sensei. smh my head.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Okay. it is a happy ending. and it doesn#t seem totally out of place. But so rushed... Maybe the mangaka was scared of the reaction, once it became clear where this was headed and just put evverything in one chapter?

joined Dec 18, 2018

Okay. it is a happy ending. and it doesn#t seem totally out of place. But so rushed... Maybe the mangaka was scared of the reaction, once it became clear where this was headed and just put evverything in one chapter?

A lot of people seem to be saying it was cancelled, but not sure if that's true. Certainly would explain the somewhat rushed end.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

oh. Ok. Thought this was gonna be so much longer. Pretty good I 'spose.

Rsz_1screenshot_2021-08-18_at_11-24-04_the_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_fr%c3%a9d%c3%a9rica_miyamoto_shiki_ichinose_%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc_-_pixiv
joined Apr 25, 2018

It could do with some expansion. Maybe another two volumes. But it works well enough, and I'm a sucker for poly yuri.

joined Jan 26, 2019

Usually I'm the last one to say I'm dissatisfied since I'm pretty easily satisfied with things be it generic or somehow odd. But tbh I feel so left out in this. Until the last chapter I just thought, it's pretty beautiful lots of drama and other things. (even though I got annoyed when some people were projecting their IRL problems onto the characters...) nevertheless that end actually left me feel out of place. Way to fast paced, everything concluded in <40 pages. It just felt like: Let's wrap it up fast. Either the sales weren't high enough or the author lost interest or the author actually thought it's a nice idea to end it like that. I definitely didn't like it.

But also I want to note that the last pages at least made me happier than the one before. After seeing Amane and Nene in the wedding dresses and Kou staying there with a smile and her camera I just felt so frustrated. As if her only reason for being there and helping them out was being a viewer. Seeing them get happy while having to live with the thought that she's happy as long as they are happy. But yes, even though I found it pretty abrupt and just random, I can live with the fact that they will live a life as a couple of 3 people more than when she was left out without a potential partner and alone.

Also that Senpai girl is also going to stay for the rest of the time alone probably.

So, yea I'm pretty much dissatisfied with the end but can't be helped. I totally enjoyed the manga til then. And even though I didn't want to use the comment section again, I had to let out MA feelings!

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

holy shit. did not expect that ending. cute tho. haven't seen much poly stuff in yuri. the art in this series was really excellent too.

joined Jan 14, 2015

Like everyone I feel it was kinda rushed at the end but it was nice to see a poly ending.

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

I'm very happy this manga ended in polyamory.

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

that polyamory came out of no where and lasted 4 pages..

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

that polyamory came out of no where and lasted 4 pages..

Right

The whole ending was so rushed

To reply you must either login or sign up.