Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

By setting the breakup between middle-school and high school, the author specifically put that “Nene could have gone elsewhere” option on the table.

Yeah but we know that Nene still love Amane so i think she couldn't bring herself to leave Amane all of a sudden and come with that twisted plan.

joined Jul 26, 2016

By setting the breakup between middle-school and high school, the author specifically put that “Nene could have gone elsewhere” option on the table.

Yeah but we know that Nene still love Amane so i think she couldn't bring herself to leave Amane all of a sudden and come with that twisted plan.

I've been saying that for some time now, yes. Though it's rather less of a "twisted plan" than "inability to either compromise or choose between two directly contradictory impulses" (ie. her love and hate/envy for Amane) and duly kind of half-assing the whole thing at the other party's expense. Or as she puts it herself, "she has to hate me" - because however chronically mixed up her feelings about Amane were she still balked at going the full mile and conclusively breaking things off for good, ergo she had to try and push her into doing that instead.

People do the damnedest things to cope with their weaknesses and often enough at somebody else's expense.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

If I understand correctly, Nene expressly decided to go to the same high school as Amane, even after she had decided to break up with her.

If she really believed that cutting ties was necessary (either for her own psychological well-being or to protect Amane from the consequences of the toxic way their relationship was making Nene feel), she could have gone elsewhere.

So going to the same school and then torturing Amane emotionally negates any positive spin you could put on her decision to break up.

I’m saying that I do dislike the writing choice here, because to make it work (i.e., to make Nene seem more like a conflicted adolescent and less like a sadistic narcissist) we would have needed more and earlier insight into Nene’s decision and more nuance in how she treated Amane (and Kou, for that matter—that business of “flaunt the new relationship in the place that used to be the Special Place with the old girlfriend and where the OG now works” is almost as shitty a thing to do to the new girlfriend as to the old).

In my opinion, there doesn't need to be a "positive spin" on her break up. The most sensible spin would be if she actually stopped being in love with. All I'm saying is that it's a "solid" explanation. Getting a backstory onto why she did what she did doesn't mean the writer is trying to redeem her. Obviously backstories like these carry those connotations but I really don't see it that way. I believe it's too early to say "this doesn't work" and it's generally why I refrain from getting into following up on these kinds of conversations without the talked about drama being resolved. All I'm saying is that the point felt solid and multi-layered enough to carry the drama on in a fresh way, hopefully leading to a good resolution of not only their relationship but also Nene's complex. Obviously I can't guarantee whether the mangaka's writing ability can achieve that, but I also believe calling this badly written just because we don't sympathise with Nene's actions after her sad backstory is tad pessimistic.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If I understand correctly, Nene expressly decided to go to the same high school as Amane, even after she had decided to break up with her.

If she really believed that cutting ties was necessary (either for her own psychological well-being or to protect Amane from the consequences of the toxic way their relationship was making Nene feel), she could have gone elsewhere.

So going to the same school and then torturing Amane emotionally negates any positive spin you could put on her decision to break up.

I’m saying that I do dislike the writing choice here, because to make it work (i.e., to make Nene seem more like a conflicted adolescent and less like a sadistic narcissist) we would have needed more and earlier insight into Nene’s decision and more nuance in how she treated Amane (and Kou, for that matter—that business of “flaunt the new relationship in the place that used to be the Special Place with the old girlfriend and where the OG now works” is almost as shitty a thing to do to the new girlfriend as to the old).

In my opinion, there doesn't need to be a "positive spin" on her break up. The most sensible spin would be if she actually stopped being in love with. All I'm saying is that it's a "solid" explanation. Getting a backstory onto why she did what she did doesn't mean the writer is trying to redeem her. Obviously backstories like these carry those connotations but I really don't see it that way. I believe it's too early to say "this doesn't work" and it's generally why I refrain from getting into following up on these kinds of conversations without the talked about drama being resolved. All I'm saying is that the point felt solid and multi-layered enough to carry the drama on in a fresh way, hopefully leading to a good resolution of not only their relationship but also Nene's complex. Obviously I can't guarantee whether the mangaka's writing ability can achieve that, but I also believe calling this badly written just because we don't sympathise with Nene's actions after her sad backstory is tad pessimistic.

I’m not saying I hate it—I just think the writing and characterization isn’t as tight and nuanced as it could be. Maybe it’s the author’s intention to have readers’ attitudes about the central characters ping-pong back and forth as information gets revealed (we all but had a lynch mob in here about Amane’s character at one point; now that weathervane has shifted around completely). Or maybe not.

10455963_830638436992044_5645511050433336598_n
joined Jun 27, 2019

I'll patiently wait for updates.

Popte_pop_54
joined Jun 25, 2019

Gotta be honest here.
Nene is pissing me off.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I have a stinking feeling that that sempai won't submit that picture of Amane and Nene. There's just something about her that grates on my nerves (aside from her obsession over Amane).

I have a stinking feeling that that sempai won't submit that picture of Amane and Nene. There's just something about her that grates on my nerves (aside from her obsession over Amane).

I think you might be right, on her not submitting the picture of Amane & Nene.
& she gets on my nerves too.

joined Jul 26, 2019

A picture of it maybe ? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch04#30

After rereading as much amane and kou are characters quite simple to describe and predicted so much nene is a much more complex character. She has feelings for love amane but she also has feelings for kou it feels and is seen. It has many facets ,many personalities and I don't think it will be as simple as at the end of the last chapter to really unlock the bottom of his mind with group photo session.
For me we don't know completely what nene thinks and wants.
For the sempai it is the same she is only an observer who regales herself with the disappointments or joys of a loving relationship? or is she looking to have a love affair or further on maybe nene? mystery .

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Luminous=Blue chapter 8, page 33 updated: http://www.mediafire.com/file/uian82hq5ih17dy/00033.jpg/file

There is a new chapter this month. If anyone want's to see the raw's go here enjoy or not don't really care, either way you're welcome.

last edited at Sep 17, 2019 12:25PM

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

be ready for another rushed ending

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Wait, is the next chapter really the last ? Because if it's so, it's one hell of a rush. We need at least 3 or 4 chapter to wrap up correctly. 1 chapter shouldn't be enough to have a proper ending.

Wait, is the next chapter really the last ? Because if it's so, it's one hell of a rush. We need at least 3 or 4 chapter to wrap up correctly. 1 chapter shouldn't be enough to have a proper ending.

It's a 42 pages long chapter.

last edited at Sep 17, 2019 3:45PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So you're telling me it's really the last one ?

Yes it's the last chapter.

last edited at Sep 17, 2019 3:59PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Dang, did it get axed or is it rush?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ I dunno (haven't been watching for info elsewhere), but I suspect the former.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Usually manga get rushed because they were axed.

joined Jul 22, 2018

Dang, did it get axed or is it rush?

In her previous tweet, Iwami said the sales weren't good

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

ambivalence ensues

joined Jun 12, 2015

Axed, eh? This is like 4th or 5th recent series axed in Yuri Hime. Not good.

joined Jul 22, 2018

The fuck, did we really got a polygamous ending?

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Well, teenagers - scratch that, people - don't always make sense when it comes to relationships, so I guess Nene's reasoning is as good as any.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The fuck, did we really got a polygamous ending?

Ok now that's more rush than Citrus last chapter. Don't tell it's a Nene x Amane x Kou ending, that's the least possible ending i was thinking off. Even Nene x Senpai was more probable

last edited at Sep 17, 2019 7:54PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.