Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

Mari is such a lady killer, and she does all of that knowingly. In the sheets, Yuu might be the boss, but outside, she gets teased and lady-killed by Mari so much. Yuu is such a submissive possessive childishly-bossy tsundere, and somehow that makes her super cute.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Mari is such a lady killer, and she does all of that knowingly. In the sheets, Yuu might be the boss, but outside, she gets teased and lady-killed by Mari so much. Yuu is such a submissive possessive childishly-bossy tsundere, and somehow that makes her super cute.

Yuu is a power bottom sadist.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Man, that love train is powerful stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vTKmVvyNRc

joined Oct 5, 2016

Onibi's character design is seriously so good, like god damn girl

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Okay that took me too many re-reads to get the hiza - hiji thing (need to read ALL of the page!).

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

So I guess they're pairing up yaoi club president with the perverted Nao then? That'll be fun.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Onibi's character design is seriously so good, like god damn girl

I like her otaku glasses look too, but she looks do damn cool on page 7. Her energy kind of reminds me of Oscar from The Rose of Versailles.

last edited at Sep 6, 2019 8:43AM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

There were hints before, but it's obvious now: Onibi-sempai and Mask-sempai are true soulmates. They share a deep bond unique to them. They are ideally suited to one another, and Kaoru should go find someone else.

Perhaps Nao-of-the-Interesting-Hobbies? (I mean, because of the grand reason that she is the only other unpaired girl in the cast, lol.)

It's an interesting speculation. If we assume that Shizuka and Mio will patch things up (the most likely development) then four girls in the cast remain with no firmly established pairing: Nao, Kaoru, Mask-sempai and Onibi-sempai.

Mask-sempai and Onibi-sempai are obviously very close. If we take them as a couple, then Kaoru and Nao must end up together... because there would be nobody else left, and that's the law of romcom, haha.

But if Mask-sempai and Onibi-sempai are to be taken as extremely close friends with no romantic feelings between them, then Kaoru might still have a chance with her Bou-chan. And, if that comes to be, it would leave Onibi and Nao as the last two single girls in the cast. What then? Will they (gasp) get together?

Actually... I'm starting to suspect that this is exactly what the author has in mind. Firstly because of this pic, and secondly because of chapter 150. As you see, "Nao's Fate" and Onibi seem to be connected. Then, Nao's fated one... is Onibi??? Heh. That's some food for thought.

Good catch, my fellow hispanohablante. I didn't really pay attention to that illustration at the beginning of the book, and I didn't examine the list of chapters in detail... which means, I completely overlooked the importance that Onibi x Nao seems to have in this volume. Doh, me.

I'm now very eager to find exactly how Kishi-sensei plans to hitch them together. Because they are not really obvious, know what I mean? One of them is an objectophile, and the other is a huge perv who (last we heard) wants a boyfriend. Not what you'd call a fitting match, hm?

joined Mar 30, 2017

I love how fucking genuine the faces in this manga are, like no joke this gag smut-lite yuri has some of the most sincere looking smiles ever

joined Apr 6, 2019

Mask-sempai and Onibi-sempai are obviously very close. If we take them as a couple, then Kaoru and Nao must end up together... because there would be nobody else left, and that's the law of romcom, haha.

But if Mask-sempai and Onibi-sempai are to be taken as extremely close friends with no romantic feelings between them, then Kaoru might still have a chance with her Bou-chan. And, if that comes to be, it would leave Onibi and Nao as the last two single girls in the cast. What then? Will they (gasp) get together?

Actually... I'm starting to suspect that this is exactly what the author has in mind. Firstly because of this pic, and secondly because of chapter 150. As you see, "Nao's Fate" and Onibi seem to be connected. Then, Nao's fated one... is Onibi??? Heh. That's some food for thought.

Good catch, my fellow hispanohablante. I didn't really pay attention to that illustration at the beginning of the book, and I didn't examine the list of chapters in detail... which means, I completely overlooked the importance that Onibi x Nao seems to have in this volume. Doh, me.

I'm now very eager to find exactly how Kishi-sensei plans to hitch them together. Because they are not really obvious, know what I mean? One of them is an objectophile, and the other is a huge perv who (last we heard) wants a boyfriend. Not what you'd call a fitting match, hm?

I agree... but, as much as Onibi and Nao might look mismatched, they're nothing next to Kaoru and Mask-sempai. >_<

joined Jul 26, 2016

Torajirou-sensei clearly has little time for "obviously matching" pairings, whether potential or established. If anything it seems to be something of a recurring theme for them to be wildly dissimilar people who've found a(n often surprising) connection of some kind...

A standout example would be Yuu and Mari who were introduced very early on as already a couple, probably the furthest along as far as onscreen relationships go (given they are for all practical intents and purposes fucking like rabbits), and are pretty much night and day as personalities go without readily obvious common interests - not counting their deep mutual attraction and complementary kinks. (A "how they met" arc would be pretty interesting to see.)
I'm tolerably sure the author found it hilariously ironic to match them up with the MahiMahi, who are not only the most unequivocally innocent pair but also the single most glaring exception to the aforementioned recurring theme... :P

last edited at Sep 6, 2019 1:49PM

joined May 24, 2019

I wouldn't say Kaoru is similar or dissimilar to other people, it's more.....
It's more like Kaoru lacks substance
Mask-sempai, we understand, we know what makes her tick, but Kaoru, as a character, isn't she, like, an empty shell? There's almost nothing to her except her vamp ways and a tendency to break down (and become obsessive) when she's rejected

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Jeanne Mathison posted:

Mask-sempai, we understand, we know what makes her tick, but Kaoru, as a character, isn't she, like, an empty shell? There's almost nothing to her except her vamp ways and a tendency to break down (and become obsessive) when she's rejected

But she's really cute around her sister, it really makes me feel conflicted hehehe

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Jeanne Mathison posted:

But she's really cute around her sister, it really makes me feel conflicted hehehe

Oh, you! You just made me think of Kaoru x Honoka.

Please excuse me while I grab a tissue for my nosebleed.

joined Jul 23, 2014

ah yes, this is the good stuff

joined Jul 26, 2016

Not really true. Over the chapters we've caught quite a few glimpses of her actual character under that somewhat affected aloof seductress persona she likes to keep up in public - not coincidentially mostly when she allows it to slip, which mainly happens around family but also classmates/presumably-close-ish-friends like Nononon. Short list without links 'cause I can't be arsed to hunt down all the references:
- likes cats, terribad puns and her little sister
- probably also children if the way she acted with Midoriri and the Mahimahi is to go by
- sense of humor seems to veer towards both childishly trollish (just ask Honoka) and surprisingly self-depreciatingly sardonic (see: infirmary scene after short-circuiting in face of Bou-chan)
- in her own weird way often tries to cheer up people feeling down, both implied friends (Nononon) and complete strangers (Hibiki, who incidentally seems to have turned pretty badass as a lasting side effect)
- seems to be fascinated by (other) unusual people eg. the Manga Club nerds

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

By the way, have you noticed? We are at page 69!

Maybe it's just me, but I always feel like the relationship we commenters have with a series reaches a new level of intimacy when we get to 69.

joined Dec 30, 2018

Maybe it's just me, but I always feel like the relationship we commenters have with a series reaches a new level of intimacy when we get to 69.

We did it boys!
Page 69

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Not really true. Over the chapters we've caught quite a few glimpses of her actual character under that somewhat affected aloof seductress persona she likes to keep up in public - not coincidentially mostly when she allows it to slip, which mainly happens around family but also classmates/presumably-close-ish-friends like Nononon. Short list without links 'cause I can't be arsed to hunt down all the references:
- probably also children if the way she acted with Midoriri and the Mahimahi is to go by
- sense of humor seems to veer towards both childishly trollish (just ask Honoka) and surprisingly self-depreciatingly sardonic (see: infirmary scene after short-circuiting in face of Bou-chan)
- in her own weird way often tries to cheer up people feeling down, both implied friends (Nononon) and complete strangers (Hibiki, who incidentally seems to have turned pretty badass as a lasting side effect)

Kaoru and Mask-sempai actually have quite a bit in common. Both have built psychological walls around themselves and both hide behind their respective masks. Oddly enough despite her manipulative and at times almost psychopathic behavior Kaoru doesn't appear to be evil underneath. In this last chapter, for instance, we saw her trying to prevent Shizuka from carelessly self destructing her relationship with the younger girl she's been dating.

last edited at Sep 7, 2019 1:13AM

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Kaoru and Mask-sempai actually have quite a bit in common. Both have built psychological walls around themselves and both hide behind their respective masks. Oddly enough despite her manipulative and at times almost psychopathic behavior Kaoru doesn't appear to be evil underneath. In this last chapter, for instance, we saw her trying to prevent Shizuka from carelessly self destructing her relationship with the younger girl she's been dating.

I really like this consideration, didn't notice it!

joined Jul 26, 2016

TBF Bou-chan seems to have legitimate complexes about her braces and Kaoru's fascinated prodding about them may well have genuinely upset her. The latter's good at "reading" people for the most part (something of a necessary skill for a successful Casanova I understand) but seems to have a number of blind spots largely deriving from her idiosyncratic take on relationships and really doesn't get the whole "comfort zone" part.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

We did it boys!
Page 69

New level of intimacy?

Oh, yeah!

I like the sound of that. (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ )

last edited at Sep 7, 2019 2:33PM

3922b6fc-91bc-46dc-8bbb-25b4c3b6bbb2-min%202
joined Jun 30, 2017

I’m so shook I’ve been following this manga for so long I never thought I’d find myself getting the hots for Onibi of all characters ( O__O)

last edited at Sep 7, 2019 6:52PM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

It's the eyebrows and messy hair, I tells ya. Yum~

joined Feb 1, 2013

Tsuki-chan posted:

Also RIP Mio... Not only she found out the truth, she also found out what Shizuka REALLY thinks about her... Seriously, "forced" into a date... I don't think she deserves a second chance.

She didn't say she was forced, she said she was asked forcefully. As in, with fervor. She's trying to express Mio's enthusiasm to make Kaoru jealous.

I mean, not like it matters, the kiss alone is critical damage, but I don't think she was saying that she feels put-upon by Mio. I mean their entire dynamic is that she is turning to Mio for comfort and affection.

Exactly! Thanks.

Oh, I guess I let the rage take over my judgement... I was mad with her!

Also, I didn't say this before but when Tsuki chan pointed out that Shizuka never seems flustered flirting even in the most extreme situations with Mio really broke my heart, I guess the signals were there since the start and I didn't notice so I was living the dream with Mio and that was shattered in tiny pieces.

As for the new chapters translated I just want to say ONIBI SENPAI IS THE BEST

To be honest, if I were to give the author any credit, it would be that they're showing the sadly common unfortunate truth of grown-up life, in the depiction of someone (in this case, poor little Mio) discovering that the people we put on a pedestal can fail to live up to our expectation of them.

To reply you must either login or sign up.