Forum › The Demon Girl Next Door discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

The site is having a habit of messing up chapter orders when using the "Next ch." button. Please do let us know if you have that experience, with some info on what it looks like. Thank you!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The site is having a habit of messing up chapter orders when using the "Next ch." button. Please do let us know if you have that experience, with some info on what it looks like. Thank you!

Seem all good to me.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Wow, and the manga translation is right on with the anime right now!

Good work translators, it may not be obvious to others but I know this manga is very text heavy after reading vol 4

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

This probably deserves a subtext tag. Then again the subtext isn't very heavy.

For those who haven't seen it yet, this is that anime you get each season that nobody watches because it's on a weird streaming platform but is actually pretty awesome.

last edited at Aug 25, 2019 5:24PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Good work translators, it may not be obvious to others but I know this manga is very text heavy after reading vol 4

Do you mean literal text or subtext?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Great now i imagine it change from a manga to a LN all of a sudden.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

This manga is one that gets gayer after each chapter. Subtext is fine for right now, but around vol 3 or 4 it's gonna need the yuri tag.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Both. Just reading it next to a normal manga, there is a lot of dialog (which both is how the jokes work in a 4 koma, and a way to move the plot, which this has a lot of). Momo doesn't get any less gay either

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Norwegian kronor? Croissauntering? I like this translator.

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

Momo: I can't possibly get any gayer.

Narrator: She will get much gayer.

0013%20-%20copy
joined Feb 8, 2019

Shamiko is dealy cute.~

joined May 31, 2014

This manga is one that gets gayer after each chapter. Subtext is fine for right now, but around vol 3 or 4 it's gonna need the yuri tag.

My curiosity is getting the best of me. May I have spoilers on what happens in those volumes?

Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

Dude you can't say something like that and leave...

I need spoilers~

joined Jul 26, 2016

Denial Play: The Thread

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Mono x Yuuko is my new OTP. On par with MisaKoko

Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

Instead of Momo, Shamiko got gayer. She even say that she will make Momo hers

last edited at Aug 29, 2019 12:17PM

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

"Fresh Heart Peach Shower" is supposed to represent a heart's deepest desire, right? My theory is that Momo saw something peach-shaped on a girl in the shower

joined Aug 16, 2019

Awww this is such a good read!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Well this is a conundrum. Anime and manga(translation) are going head to head, so is it okay to talk about the last episode, if the manga will catch up with it in the next chapter? lol

Mikan's a sweetheart and I hope she gets the curse under control. Lots of curses going around in this series (And Momo suffers for all of our sins), Now I wonder if this will lead to a pseudo-triangle.

Despite being relatively mild at the start, this series has a really strong subtext feel to it. There are many (definitely intentional) moments that could be interpreted either way, but occur so often that it slowly but surely paints that picture.
The picture being that Momo and Shamiko are super gay.

last edited at Aug 31, 2019 7:39AM

joined Jun 5, 2018

Actually, just wondering (I dont want spoilers), can someone who has read the manga tell me whether or not the series slips down to the dramatic side of things or stay light hearted like is the order a rabbit, with some hints on a darker past?

Oh, and by the way, thanks to whoever scanlates this!

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Actually, just wondering (I dont want spoilers), can someone who has read the manga tell me whether or not the series slips down to the dramatic side of things or stay light hearted like is the order a rabbit, with some hints on a darker past?

Even with just the anime and what's already been scanlated, you can see hints of a darker past. Personally I can't answer how dark the manga actually gets, though.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I'm still gonna spoiler wrap it. The series stays very much a gag comedy. Punchlines will await around every corner. That said, the plot advances very steadily for a long time yet, and there will be some dramatic moments. Things will get filled out in terms of character's pasts.

joined May 31, 2014

So, Mangarock had the 16th chapter for about a week now, and it’s gonna be shutting down soon-ish. Can we get that chapter here anytime soon?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

That new episode was nice. I always enjoy when a good deed is found out through a third party by the one who would never have known otherwise. It makes me really happy when Momo has a good opinion of Shamiko~

So, Mangarock had the 16th chapter for about a week now, and it’s gonna be shutting down soon-ish. Can we get that chapter here anytime soon?

Don't worry it's still available on half a dozen other manga sites.

last edited at Sep 5, 2019 2:32PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.