Forum › Blue Friend 2nd Season discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I quite preferred this to Blue Friend season one, mostly because I found the characters to be far more interesting and believable. Feel like I could read a few dozen more chapters about their silly friendship drama. This time, it's clear that Ao is best girl. It also really seems like there ought to have been a Blue Friend 3rd Season focusing on Aki. I guess some stories are just meant to be left unresolved, though.

I feel like it needs a short FAQ:

Why is this not included in the Blue Friend series page?

Because for all intents and purposes, it is a completely different series. Some other sites chose to combine them all into one page, but I think there's far more to gain by splitting them up.

Why is it titled Blue Friend 2nd Season if it has nothing to do with the original?

Same author and magazine, so maybe it was considered a "safe" decision for marketing purposes? I have no clue. As far as I'm concerned, the title itself is misleading for our purposes, but them's the breaks.

Why is this tagged Yuri when it's obviously Subtext!!

That's not an easy one to answer, as this series falls very neatly on the precipice between the two tags. We decided to go with Yuri over Subtext because Subtext doesn't capture either the themes of the story or the degree to which the homo feelings are present. As always, tagging is an inexact science.

joined Jul 4, 2018

Hey Pekoe, nice prof pic :3

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

blushu

Thanks! I like yours too.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Thanks! I like yours too.

Shotto mate

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I think I like this better than the first one. Especially because I found Aki kind of intriguing. Why is she always so mean even though she used to be popular? I think she just needs some love. Also it's kind of cool that the students basically decided against bullying and began bullying the bully. That's something you see not often.

joined Jan 22, 2015

Ah, good. The bitch got slapped.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Damn, I got super excited there for a bit. Still, same author? I definitely wanna see more of her stuff. So here we go.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I'm hurt because it feels like there should be more

theres no more?!

i dont get it this is vol 2 but theres a vol 3 somewhere??

last edited at Aug 7, 2019 12:44AM by

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

theres no more?!

Unfortunately, this is the end of Kanako and Ao's story, and also the end of Blue Friend altogether.

theres no more?!

Unfortunately, this is the end of Kanako and Ao's story, and also the end of Blue Friend altogether.

:’(. so good tho

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Suddenly, Girl Friends.

Ah, good. The bitch got slapped.

I do wish Kanako had told her about Ao defending her in front of her old friends earlier as well, though. May have helped her grow a bit too.

last edited at Aug 7, 2019 6:01AM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Holly shit yesterday or like two days ago I was like "wait, I remember there was like a second part that was more of my like that the first", but I searched and searched and clicked in the author profile and didn't see anymore series so I just get confuse and let it go, Why this has put that was upload in 2011 when like 2 days ago I couldn't saw it? o.o I don't understand.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Why this has put that was upload in 2011 when like 2 days ago I couldn't saw it? o.o I don't understand.

Those are release dates, not upload dates. The Recently Added page clearly shows them uploaded yesterday.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Why this has put that was upload in 2011 when like 2 days ago I couldn't saw it? o.o I don't understand.

Those are release dates, not upload dates. The Recently Added page clearly shows them uploaded yesterday.

But I had read this years ago and I could swear I read it from here. I probably had read it in another site and that's why I'm mistaken, but it's just a little crazy xD

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Polioro posted:

But I had read this years ago and I could swear I read it from here. I probably had read it in another site and that's why I'm mistaken, but it's just a little crazy xD

It could be added here before, but removed and now added again but considering Yurikai policy on their scanlations, that's unlikely.

joined Jan 8, 2014

OMG! ch1 is so cute! ^_^

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I don't think it holds a candle to first season emotionally but it feels like a nice and sweet little vignette

joined Jan 8, 2014

Is the first season a different pair or something?...a shame there isnt more but ch5 isnt too bad of an ending, lol better than some yuri endings ^_^

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

KcaT posted:

Is the first season a different pair or something?...a shame there isnt more but ch5 isnt too bad of an ending, lol better than some yuri endings ^_^

Read the very first post in thread.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Part 3 should be about Aki..... maybe making a dilinquent friend.... then yuri.... Cos delinquent yuri

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 9:46AM

SuperEmoCookie
17499463_1410301258989973_5501867754629585898_n
joined Aug 28, 2016

I love the first season of Blue Friend, and I love the second season just as much ! I wish the 2nd season was longer; but, even being as short as it was, it was still a nice read and would highly recommend it !

Aweida_compressed
joined Oct 17, 2020

Awww, what a sweet story, that was a really nice read.

To reply you must either login or sign up.