Forum › Hajimete Tanabiku discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Man, this story drove a dagger, right through my yuri heart.

Imgonline-com-ua-resize-vwt1kupzlnws
joined Jul 8, 2018

Ending was lame. I will say the art is fantastic though. The faces are so expressive.

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

there is no ending,,, or not every story has to be a happy ending...
because reality and fiction apart so far away

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

I would call this Sis-moment

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

and plus, this author is fond of cute and SoL yuri, so it's a little bit suprised that he/she wrote this, so..... weird

joined Mar 18, 2018

Oh ho! You got me there for a second manga! Welp to bad about.
But i do see potential in this if it were to continue.

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

Its 2019 we don't have to make yuri like this anymore guys

Whether or not general attitudes have changed (in many countries it has not) people are still going to struggle with these sorts of issues.

Confessing your love can be hard enough when you are sure that your sexuality and theirs align. LGBTQ people have the added concern that not only they may not align but the other party may completely reject them for that being who they are.

Nah, i agree with the above top quote. Honestly, i think this could have been much better but they took the cliche path that went out of fashion quite a while ago.

This probably could use a drama tag at least. The current tags, while correct, are a bit of a trap for unsuspecting readers, like me, who might have thought that this was something more upbeat and not a downer

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

girl if you're making an elaborate irl fanfiction about you and your best friend being gay then you are gay

This this this

I had no time for that ending jfc

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

I would say it's an "open ending" rather than a "bad ending" because there isn't a true conclusion (I know not every story needs a conclusion, but still).
MC is in denial and we don't know if the other girl is going to make a movement.
A sequel from the friend's perspective where she realizes the characters of the novel are they and who is the author, would help to put a worthy end (either good or bad).

After all, on page 13 and page 15 (Saku leaving the class and Kasumi viewing the manuscript), they are the real girls and not Beniko and Sora, so it leaves more possibilities.

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 4:50AM

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

I have a theory that the Beniko in the story wrote the story like the last page of the chappter that make Sora go made and end up confessing to each other, and irl the main character get pussy out and hide her feeling for Kasumi make the story suddenly become crap like Sora said.
If you think about it it just like inception.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

meta as fuck - Even her character in the novel wrote a story about her feelings for her friend...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The beginning is too predictable and the end is dissapointing.

joined Apr 14, 2018

denial at it's best

Screenshot_2020-01-20%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20there's%20weird%20voices%20coming%20from%20the%20room%20next%20door%20ch01
joined Sep 23, 2013

oof

Killer%20cute
joined Nov 23, 2016

It's ok, I guess

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I felt the Aaaaaangst deep in my heart and I'm not happy about it.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Denial the manga

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Yeah 18-26 is just all part of the story. I didn't it mind it honestly. I can use some angsty gay once in a while. Something about how salt makes your ice cream taste sweeter.

Yeah, this is the explanation. Notice on pages 25 and 26, they call each other by the names from the story.

The one thing that confuses me is that, in page 15, Kasumi finds Saku's notes that she forgot on the desk when she left the classroom. From that point on, Kasumi should know that Saku is the author of the novel... and yet there's not a word about that in the final pages of the manga.

I feel like I'm missing something somewhere. Was page 15 a fantasy too?

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

I'm normally not okay with these unestablished endings but the comment made about distinguishing fiction from reality really pulled it back for me.

Also the art style is just bloody amazing.

Avi
joined Mar 7, 2017

There goes Watagiri-sensei again with the memeable faces.

You may not be satisfied with the ending, but I see a lot of potential for sequels. Even if the MC's not in denial, she could slowly develop feelings for Kasumi in a healthy pace. The fact that she's considering it to be interesting shows that she's not exactly against it, at the very least. And I'm fairly sure that p12 was still IRL, so Kasumi is more than likely gay for someone, and considers it a one-sided love (and given the MC's denial, she's likely right). So the ultimate plot twist here potentially is that it was the IRL Sora who was in a one-sided love with the IRL Benito the whole time.

So all we need now, as others also mentioned, is a sequel from Kasumi's viewpoint.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I feel like I'm missing something somewhere. Was page 15 a fantasy too?

My guess is that literally the entire one-shot up until the last two pages was all the story she was writing, just with the names changed.

Basically, she heard you liked self-inserts so she self-inserted herself into her manga about self-inserting so she could self-insert while she was self-inserting.
"Stand Up" by Ludacris plays while everyone bops their heads for five seconds

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 11:30AM

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Didn't like the jumping around between real life and the fictional story... Even when they used the story names? It sounded a lot like role-playing (as mentioned already) not that this was not RL.

She wrote a story about a writer who secretly loves an actor, who in turn secretly loves the writer, just like (probably) her own real life :/ Useless lesbians all around perhaps?

I understand the angst of it all: a gay person confessing has to be sure their pal amour is also gay, not that high a % chance eh? Throws a big monkey wrench into the works if she's het...

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Glad to have my dose of angst. Wasn't sure if I could handle the deprivation any longer. Though I do wish for a sequel. Stories like this, where a character is involved with some sort of self-insertion in a story they read or write themselves, is always fun lmao.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

So that part where she confessed to her was just part of the story/her imagination, huh

joined Sep 29, 2018

I think the hair decorations are different between reality and "Beniko and Sora" (Empty vs Filled, Scrunchie vs String?). Rereading it that way, it looks like the real Saku never left her notes for Kasumi to see. There are some tricky transitions in there!

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 4:26PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.