Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This is closest to my reaction.

Also, I think people are being harsh on a teen, Fujishiro, sorting out her feelings.

One of the things I appreciate in this manga is that the characters aren't completely blind. And they are also complex.

Sure, I'd say she's being dramatic about the "compatibility issue", but that's not at all atypical for girls at her stage of life.

My main grievance in this chapter was the inconsistent style. The early pages had all the hair detail I love, but in the middle-end the drawing was... clunkier? blockier? plainer?? Not sure what adjectives, but that jarred me a bit.

On the other hand, Fujishiro's introspection boosted my optimismthat we are going to have explicit gayness is coming sooner rather than later (but it still feels so far).

Still really enjoying this. (◕‿◕✿)

Also hoping we avoid the love-triangle x(._.)x_

I don't think we are getting out of this one. The love triangle I mean. And cue some one always saying "its the only way" the story can move forward. Don't know why people find the "I didn't know I wanted that sandwich until someone else wanted it" logic so interesting.

It does look like Fujishioro isn't buying what izumi is selling which is nice. She didn't have all the answers but doesn't seem like she will take overly long to get them for the sake of dragging the story out.

last edited at Aug 2, 2019 2:00AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

TheLostLight said:

Why is she scared of Izumi? Facing her own gayness through Izumi's actions, or something else?

I could be completely off base, but what I got from it was that Fujishiro basically realized that she was in denial about her feelings for Kurokawa, so she confided in Izumi, internally hoping that Izumi would give her the reality check she needed. When Izumi did the opposite of what she was expecting and instead encouraged her denial further with such insistence, the mindset that her words and actions implies are potentially a direct opposition to the kind of person that Fujishiro needs to become.

In simpler terms, Fujishiro is realizing she's gay, and Izumi is starting to seem like she might be homophobic, or possibly super closeted to the point of denying the validity of gay relationships...? Or maybe Izumi's in even worse denial about having feelings for Fujishiro and Fujishiro can see herself in that side of Izumi, which scares her because of the implications about her own feelings. I don't know, that's my best guess at the moment.

I think it's more simple than that. Izumi has a crush on her, so she gave off a possessive jealous vibe while she was comforting Fujishiro

last edited at Aug 2, 2019 4:19AM

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Someone should introduce Fujishiro to Maekawa from Still Sick. They could exchange pointers on how to achieve maximum uselessness.

THIS

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Someone should introduce Fujishiro to Maekawa from Still Sick. They could exchange pointers on how to achieve maximum uselessness.

THIS

"WE'VE REACHED TSUN LEVELS THAT SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE. SITUATION CRITICAL. ABORT MISSION! ABORT! ABORT!!!"

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

So, does Izumi like Nanaki too?

last edited at Aug 3, 2019 5:02PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So, does Izumi like Nanaki too?

I thought that was fairly obvious already here?

joined Apr 20, 2013

TheLostLight said:

Why is she scared of Izumi? Facing her own gayness through Izumi's actions, or something else?

I could be completely off base, but what I got from it was that Fujishiro basically realized that she was in denial about her feelings for Kurokawa, so she confided in Izumi, internally hoping that Izumi would give her the reality check she needed. When Izumi did the opposite of what she was expecting and instead encouraged her denial further with such insistence, the mindset that her words and actions implies are potentially a direct opposition to the kind of person that Fujishiro needs to become.

In simpler terms, Fujishiro is realizing she's gay, and Izumi is starting to seem like she might be homophobic, or possibly super closeted to the point of denying the validity of gay relationships...? Or maybe Izumi's in even worse denial about having feelings for Fujishiro and Fujishiro can see herself in that side of Izumi, which scares her because of the implications about her own feelings. I don't know, that's my best guess at the moment.

I think it's more simple than that. Izumi has a crush on her, so she gave off a possessive jealous vibe while she was comforting Fujishiro

T H I S ^ <3

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

I think Izumi is just afraid her feelings are gonna get exposed and Fujishiro is gonna pick Kurokawa. She acts nice but is secretly manipulative and wants to take advantage of Fuji's "naivety", while she is not as naive as she thinks and is starting to see through Izumi's act. I think that is why Izumi would always call out when Miki is being a bully and not Fuji's, because she is jealous of their honest nastiness; but also because Miki can easily follow Fuji's flow. Izumi didn't leave Miki because she was disappointed, she saw an opportunity to keep Fuji to herself without Miki in the picture. She knew Miki would say, "No." Due to her straightforward stubbornness and used it as an excuse to prey on Fuji. Either that, or she is just using Fuji to get to Miki and make her jealous because she is the "friend" she got jealous over...

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 7:07PM

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

^
I saw that this was at 1000 posts, so I had to ruin it :P

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

USJ

Ah yes, Unresolved Sexual Junction.

... Wait.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

This theory will probably be wrong, but I just want to throw it out here: what if Izumi actually likes Kurokawa and is actually trying to keep her from pining for Kurokawa's love. It would be a cool plot twist to see and might explain why Izumi wants to room with Kurokawa. (Although, if Izumi is actually in love with Fujishiro instead, then maybe she is planning on smothering Kurokawa with a pillow when she's sleeping. jk)

(However, like I said, this theory is probably wrong)

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Ok. Izumi is officially a piece of shit.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Why do I suddenly hate Izumi?

Edit: Damn, imagine the conversation she and Kurokawa are going to have in private. That's gonna be something else.

last edited at Aug 16, 2019 2:24AM

joined Oct 15, 2014

Ok. Izumi is officially a piece of shit.

Damn..she just stabbed my fucking heart T^T

Jarnan
joined Sep 18, 2017

Those damn three hour flying dinosaur queues…

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hmmm not sure what Izumi is planning...I hope it's nothing too terrible, but knowing how drama is in this manga....

joined Oct 10, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/useless_princesses_ch15#21
Please, please, I can see it in your eyes, you're both destinied to be together! Don't screw this up!

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Izumi a piece of shit, how? I'm thinking just the opposite: she suggests this room arrangement because she's aware of the triangle situation and pairs the girls diplomatically based on mutual disinterest to keep it from flaring up.

last edited at Aug 16, 2019 3:23AM

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

I think Izumi just hates the thought of two women getting together, either it disgusts her or out of deep seeded jealousy and or wanting.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Nothing Izumi's done is actually wrong, but it's being framed very ominously. I think she's actually interested in one of them herself, and trying to manipulate events to help with that

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Such a pleasant surprise. Well I love this chapter, Izumi's framing is perfect and actually makes me very excited to see more of her. The vibes she gives off are just fantastic. Just for that she may have become my favorite character of this bunch.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Nothing Izumi's done is actually wrong, but it's being framed very ominously. I think she's actually interested in one of them herself, and trying to manipulate events to help with that

IMO it's been implied more than once (eg. chapters 12 and 14) that Saya...Izumi has long been interested in Tou...Fujishiro. But, being very perceptive and paragonatic of princely magnanimity and blah blah, she won't get between her and Yu...Kurokawa.

last edited at Aug 16, 2019 5:17AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Does anyone else feel the smell of overly grilled trout and overfried onions? In case you don't get it, even I can use metaphors.

EDIT:

IMO it's been implied more than once (eg. chapters 12 and 14) that Saya...Izumi has long been interested in Tou...Fujishiro. But, being very perceptive and paragonatic of princely magnanimity and blah blah, she won't get between her and Yu...Kurokawa.

I see what you did there.

last edited at Aug 16, 2019 5:34AM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Every story with a love triangle is bloom into you now, rly makes you think

Izumi is an interesting boss lesbian though, her technique of pseudo-gaslighting will be hard to overcome. We'll see what the girls can think of though.

last edited at Aug 16, 2019 5:36AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Literally everything Izumi says is benign and possibly even beneficial but then her body language is super menacing and it's really weird.

To reply you must either login or sign up.