Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

joined Jan 6, 2017

Ressey posted:

What is Light Yagami doing in my wonderful college girl yuri manga!?

I better not see any Deathnotes.

No Death Notes.
Only Yuri Notes.

Yuri Note
The person whose name is written in this note shall become yuri

joined Jul 29, 2019

Comparing this series with the one-shot, there's really a lot of subtle differences in the characterization of both of them that may be obviously caused by the more in-depth exploration of the characters. In fact, Saeko feels really different from how she is in the one-shot, mostly because there is more characterization on her part. Specifically, she feels a bit less forward than she is at the one-shot and her introspection helps us learn more about worries and anxieties. Also, you can clearly see that Saeko is try to say "I love you", unlike in the one-shot where both Saeko and Miwa never really said "I love you".

One thing that I do think will greatly affect the course of the story are the supporting cast. As Rika brilliantly showed us last chapter, the presence of the band members and friends are going to be the biggest weights that will tip the scales. I could be that it's a friend that causes a problem between them, and it could be that if they break up their friends will try to mend their relationship. The mere presence of the other characters changes the narrative, just like how the presence of the avengers fundamentally changed the narrative flow of cinema spider-man.

Also, what the series is trying to convey feels a lot different than what the one-shot showed. The one-shot told a story of a couple that, in the author's own words, "maybe wasn't really invested to begin with"; which may explain why Saeko feels more forward in the one-shot and why Miwa felt less high-maintenance, or maybe not. Meanwhile, it feels like the series is trying to tell the story of a two people trying their best to make the relationship work, resulting in the more awkward interactions in the story. They may end up coming to the same conclusion, but I don't think it will be as clean of a breakup as it was. But still, since the massage it's trying to tell is fundamentally different, I feel that the probability that they'll break up is just as high as the probability that they won't.

Just my opinion by the way.

last edited at Jul 29, 2019 11:59AM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Darn, that guy gonna fuck everything up, aren't he? Just let the yuri be!!!

Um, what guy?
That person named "End" who's at the table sleeping?
I thought that was a woman, but perhaps I'm wrong... I don't remember the character at all, and I don't remember the other two at that table either
Had they appeared before?

What kind of name is "End" anyway? Short for Endo? lol

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Ominous final panel introducing suspicious new character

It's this fucking guy.

It doesn't really seem like it'd be a big deal if he figured out they're dating. They're not exactly keeping it a secret, even if they aren't advertising it.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Ominous final panel introducing suspicious new character

It's this fucking guy.

Huh, so that's it... I had totally forgotten that scene
Saeko calls him "bro" so I guess that clinches it, he's a dude alright

It doesn't really seem like it'd be a big deal if he figured out they're dating. They're not exactly keeping it a secret, even if they aren't advertising it.

Yeaaah well I dunno about a big deal, but he's a really androgynous guy (I even mistook him for a woman, see my post above) so there IS a tiny itsy-bitsy chance that he'll try to seduce Miwa.... y'know, like "Miwa, maybe you don't like girls, maybe what you like is people who are pretty & feminine, so a pretty boy like me is just your type, c'mon, give hetero a try!"

And Miwa is a pushover so maybe she will cave in under pressure & say yes

And if THAT happens.... then aaall the people who hated the original oneshot will cry "We're sorry, plot of the oneshot, come back!!!" lol

(Edit: don't murder me, I'm just joking, mkay?)

last edited at Jul 29, 2019 1:51PM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

It's explained in the credits page. I understand the reasoning given in it, but I do not agree with translating the name like that. It's supposed to be a Japanese person with a Japanese name; there's not a single goddamn good reason to literally translate its meaning. Might as well translate any instance of "Alexander" that's remotely meaningful as "Defender of Men".

last edited at Jul 29, 2019 2:10PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

It's explained in the credits page. I understand the reasoning given in it, but I do not agree with translating the name like that. It's supposed to be a Japanese person with a Japanese name; there's not a single goddamn good reason to literally translate its meaning. Might as well translate any instance of "Alexander" that's remotely meaningful as "Defender of Men".

It depends if the meaning of his name is used as foreshadowing in the story or not. It would be a bit like if you translated Doom from an American comic into another language you would probably want to change his name to that new language's word for Doom since his name is intended to carry that meaning.

Edit: I just went back and read the translator's notes and that seems to be exactly what they did here. I think their reasoning is sound. Also, that is ominous as Hell for where the story is going with this guy.

last edited at Jul 29, 2019 3:24PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This is still one of the best yuri manga on here at the moment, this and Still Sick.

too true!

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Of course they're friends, Shirt-dono, don't you read Hanigare too? They're the very definition, embodiment of friends

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's interesting that they're both so rigid. I mean, Miwa enjoying Saeko's breasts isn't doing nothing. The fact that she has to make progress slowly means Saeko has things to look forward to.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

THIS manga, Yuki and the Authoress, and Still Sick... Blessed be these times of quality Yuri content.

joined Apr 23, 2019

And now they finally discovered sexual addiction, with each other, to each other.
I'm glad to see one very compatible couple the way they are presented in manga.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I don't know why, but it always makes me nervous when the sexual relationship is this one-sided (with each party exclusively giving/receiving). Like, I'm sure some people are like that and are very happy that way, but it could also portend some kind of fundamental imbalance.

It always reminds of that one rant from Brief Interviews with Hideous Men:

What they don’t understand is their type’s and even worse drag for a lady with any sense than your on-and-off pig ever was. Because how’d you like to just lie there and get worked on like a Porsche and never get to feel like you’re generous and sexy and good in bed and a Great Lover too?

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 4:04PM

joined Apr 23, 2019

I don't know why, but it always makes me nervous when the sexual relationship is this one-sided (with each party exclusively giving/receiving). Like, I'm sure some people are like that and are very happy that way, but it could also portend some kind of fundamental imbalance.

Why would you think they are one-sided? I think they are very good balanced, and switching will happen; but now, in this phase of their relationship they are fulfilling raw desires to one another, very compatible desires.

I agree with you, from personal experience, only one way streaming of sexual energy leads to frustration. But here, Miwa obviously offered to do something, and it will happen, for sure.
Saeko just needs more time to open up herself in that way, and Miwa is insecure will she be able to do it for the first time...They will be good, not imbalanced. Don't worry.
I can understand your concern about exclusively giving/receiving, and if switching does not happen, they will be simply overwhelmed, coming to the point which can break them.
Still, I think what I said few lines above, about them. They just need time.

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 6:43PM

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

No. I get NTR vibes from that guy, and I am not okay with this.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

It's so cute, ugh

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

I know this maddo has a villain-looking face but I want to believe everyone is a good person

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Fuck the oneshot, every time I read this I feel a mix of good and bad.
I want them together so bad lol.

Kinda like a foreboding? Yikes!

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I kinda forgot to continue this lol
This is taking a nice route

joined Jun 23, 2019

oh NO

identification-projection-preheterosexuality
Please%20actually
joined Mar 13, 2018

I really want to know what himbo is translated from.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Dude, that guy should fuck off.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

We need a TL note for whatever they were calling that guy.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

"I just want Miwa to be happy."
No, you don't, or rather, you want her to be happy with YOU.

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 8:42PM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

"do you think they work?"

Well, they can have their opinion but really, it's up to the people in relationship to decide that's why they're dating.

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 8:27PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.