Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The fact she is going on a mini rant about it shows that it's not working.

That's because what she said doesn't match what she write. Who become jealous because she is no more the special "friend" of someone else ?

Ever read Amanchu? Guess how that ended. At least we can still expect this series not to go full Amanchu, no series should ever go full Amanchu.

Think i heard about that one. One of the MC get a BF in the end no ?

joined Dec 3, 2018

Think i heard about that one. One of the MC get a BF in the end no ?

Yup. GirlA is super best friends with heavy yuri undertones with GirlB. GirlC shows up and starts hanging out with GirlB a lot. GirlA gets super jealous and readers believed that this confirmed the yuri. Then it is revealed that GirlC is actually a trap and is in love with GirlB and sees GirlA as his romantic rival. GirlA then reveals that that is rediculous because girls can't love girls and now she fully supports the trap in their pursuit of GirlB. 6 months later the trap and GirlB get engaged. Worst yet the trap is like 12 and GirlB is like 16.

last edited at Jul 7, 2019 7:57PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Gridman posted:

Maybe because it can become yuri

If it could become yuri the author wouldn't be on a crusade about people insisting that it's yuri instead of "girlship". She is doing this in a roundabout way to lower reader's expectations while also trying to keep them from dropping the manga altogether. The fact she is going on a mini rant about it shows that it's not working.

I don't know, saying that without a doubt this is yuri is spoiling the ending for me... Now I fear that the ending details might be affected because I'm sure some people are nagging her about it constantly... Everyone was having a great time until that one person had to ask and now is awkward for everyone, I don't even want to think about it but I know that some people in twitter are nasty. like "HEY Are they gonna make up at the end? because I don't want to waste my time on this!" geez

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Not worry y'all guaranteed these two will confess their feelings and indulge in some super soft same-sex friendship maybe some parfait too?

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Gridman posted:

Maybe because it can become yuri

If it could become yuri the author wouldn't be on a crusade about people insisting that it's yuri instead of "girlship". She is doing this in a roundabout way to lower reader's expectations while also trying to keep them from dropping the manga altogether. The fact she is going on a mini rant about it shows that it's not working.

I don't know, saying that without a doubt this is yuri is spoiling the ending for me... Now I fear that the ending details might be affected because I'm sure some people are nagging her about it constantly... Everyone was having a great time until that one person had to ask and now is awkward for everyone, I don't even want to think about it but I know that some people in twitter are nasty. like "HEY Are they gonna make up at the end? because I don't want to waste my time on this!" geez

same.
Besides the long amount of time without Konatsu, I've still being enjoying this manga a lot, but ever since that topic got to the forefront it's been rather awkard, I hope she still goes ahead with the story she has in mind and it doesn't get affected by all of this. I mean, sure, if someone wants to believe it could end up like amanchu (which btw yikes toward that final development) that's ok, I doubt it will go that way and I want to keep going along until it finishes.

Just hope thing can go more smoothly soon enough.

last edited at Jul 11, 2019 12:53AM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

https://twitter.com/93choco/status/1147664823741665280

thinking emoji

So it's the author's way to say 'no homo"

Woah, not what I expected going into the forums lol. I was wondering why the tags only said "subtext". It seems a little sad if this only ever goes as far as "girls ship" as the author called it, but I guess that can be acceptable because I think the work has been building on some lovely themes about loneliness, change, and communication, with or without the explicit yuri. It certainly would be nice anyway if the bond between Konatsu and Koyuki could be developed to that extent.

Back to what I originally came here for, I just thought after reading the latest chapter that both of them were dense as titanium. Also gorgeous art. And re-reading the earlier chapters, yeah right getting so excited over some random stranger you met for ten minutes is a normal beginning to friendships. Although, admittedly I could see that happening to some extent with someone who's extremely lonely, which both of them are. But still. I'll send prayers to the yuri goddess in feverish hopes of a blossoming romance between the two.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

We really just don't know (yet). I don't even think the author is technically saying "no homo", it's more that she chooses not to focus on the romantic side of the relationship either way since it's not what she wants to highlight. That's how I see it right now.

joined Dec 3, 2018

I believe we do know, just some of us are in denial about it.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Not really. She said she doesn't label her work as yuri, but that people are free to see it however they want, so I stand by my point of view that the author isn't outright saying "no homo" and that it's more of an "I'll leave that up to your imagination" non-answer.

joined Dec 3, 2018

Except your original comment says that she doesn't want to focus on the romance side of their relationship, which insinuates that there is an actual romantic side of their relationship. You also say we dont know yet, as if you think there is a chance it will actually go yuri eventually.

Here's the thing, the author has made yuri in the past and didn't tweet any excuses about it nor say how she doesn't label her work and leaves it up to the readers. Here she is explicitly labels it "girlship" from the very beginning and has now on several occasions made sure that we know she doesn't see it as yuri. Saying it's up to fans just confirms the no homo, that it will end in friendship but the fans can ship her characters if they want. I would call it subtext if it weren't for the author coming out and saying that it isn't subtext.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Then does that mean you don't like the series anymore? I do.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So, is there a cash prize or something for accurate predictions as to whether this ends up as “real yuri” or not?

It’s been what it is pretty much from the beginning—two lonely girls getting attached to one another and having difficulty becoming aware of their emotions and then struggling to express those emotions when they do become aware.

“Guess the correct final tag and win an all-expense-paid trip to . . . scenic Nagahama, Ehime. Don’t miss the aquariums.”

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

“Guess the correct final tag and win an all-expense-paid trip to . . . scenic Nagahama, Ehime. Don’t miss the aquariums.”

Sounds good but will there be yuri?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

People asking for more than not lizard are just selfish

last edited at Jul 23, 2019 2:32PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I took a tour of the town from the manga with StreetView a few months ago, it looks like a pretty cozy place. Its manga depiction is also extremely accurate, the school and the seaside road are identical.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I took a tour of the town from the manga with StreetView a few months ago, it looks like a pretty cozy place. Its manga depiction is also extremely accurate, the school and the seaside road are identical.

That could be the prize—an all-expense-paid StreetView tour of the town!

And worth every penny . . .

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Actually it's going to be a real tour now: https://www.ozujc.info/%E7%89%B9%E8%A8%AD%E3%83%9A%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8/

This is cute.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I want to see the turtle!!! and the beach... wow I want to go T-T

Wesaweverything
joined Jul 21, 2016

Wahhh my heart stopped when konatsu reached for honami’s hand with the salamander hanging on her back. What a powerful moment beautifully done. Kinda disappointed about the yuri thing though so I guess I’ll try to convince myself I don’t care and continue reading.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

So i haven't kept up with this in months. Has there been any progress or are we still on the gal pals route?

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Yuri-chin, Honami-senpai kinda has found a new friend on Kaede-sama, Konatsu-chan is mad jelly her friend is being stolen by her friend, think this will end up on a delicious threesome same-sex friendship, we shall see.

last edited at Aug 1, 2019 9:50PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Konatsu get friendship NTR

9b1d0703-1cf0-4df6-bc19-0b2abfd56881
joined Nov 23, 2015

This may not be the right place, but a friend of mine bought me the wrong manga and got Vol. 1-4 of this instead. All new; anyone interested in them for $24USD+shipping?

joined Mar 29, 2019

When's the new chapter? August is harsh this year.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

The magazine releases around the 26th of the month.

To reply you must either login or sign up.