Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Trolling at its finest.

Gah... I miss Prism so much.

You are (not) alone ...

+100 for the rebuild reference

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The 0 chapter is out, I guess is a matter of minutes to appear here too... Oh destiny, why you're so direct sometimes?

joined Aug 4, 2014

I wouldn't mind entire series revolving around Ran and Keiko doing funny stuff and stretches.
When that angsty-angsty thing came out, I was really disappointed, because it ruined heart-warming and cheerful mood of this manga that I loved since the beginning (I could even forgive lack of yuri but for teasing readers author deserve to draw only yaoi for the rest of his life :))

Not to mention it was completely out of blue. like author thought at some point that there's no good story without tragedy of some sort. Kinda shame in my opinion, because art is superb and I like Higashiyama's light sense of humour.

last edited at Aug 16, 2014 2:11PM

joined Jan 17, 2014

well, the point is simple, even if u had a fuking sad past, just walk forward and live a funny life to make it up, give up on making yoself enjoy life just because of some fuking (old) scars was totally not fuking worthy...
hehehe

last edited at Aug 16, 2014 4:35PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

C'mon Ran ya can't let that slide, gotta swear vengeance!

A358eac338e2ef5b47aafda9b595bf39
joined Feb 8, 2013

Yay prologue finally scanlated :) it's a nice intro.

More trivial n' happy and less angst is the way to go!

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

now, I'm probably just overthinking this, but could this ch.0 flashback have a similar meaning as ch.14 dream? Keiko's hitting on Ran! LOL, imagine, what a possible teasing foreshadowing! xDDD

And overall I'm really happy with the manga. It's probably one of the best reads for me. Though my list's certainly very poor. But I really enjoy this family-like relationship with a somewhat teasing yuri subtext. Hope it stays like this till the very end. They are so cute together!

A358eac338e2ef5b47aafda9b595bf39
joined Feb 8, 2013

now, I'm probably just overthinking this, but could this ch.0 flashback have a similar meaning as ch.14 dream? Keiko's hitting on Ran! LOL, imagine, what a possible teasing foreshadowing! xDDD

Interesting point!

Tumblr_inline_nhe8a3uf1f1qd2lvk
joined Aug 15, 2014

I need an anime of this.. It's so cute and funny!

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Ran is hilarious. I don't even care whether there'll be yuri or not anymore (of course it's still preferable), but just seeing them interact is fun enough.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

whoa, the scanlators must be working overtime. I wasn't expecting a new release until next month.

The translation for this one has been consistently released a day or two after the chapter is released online in Japanese (which is awesome), it's just that last month there were no updates.

There are volumes being released of this right? RIGHT?!

Because I must buy.

And the reason for that month long pause in updates is because the author was working on volume 2, so yes, there are certainly volumes being released.
They are available on Amazon Japan (among other places):
Volume 1 http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4091860885/
Volume 2 http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/409186449X/

joined Apr 6, 2013

Well well, I just noticed something as I am re reading the manga to add entries to its TV Tropes Page.

There are a lot of hints that Ran's dad has recently died.

4326782_1398742172
joined Aug 17, 2014

Well well, I just noticed something as I am re reading the manga to add entries to its TV Tropes Page.

There are a lot of hints that Ran's dad has recently died.

Really? i don't notice that. Maybe i should reread again. Thanks for the hint

joined Apr 9, 2014

ran's the cutest...

joined Mar 28, 2014

Really? I don't notice that. Maybe i should reread again. Thanks for the hint

it's probably because of these:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch06#8
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch06#9
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch10#17
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch13#7

So one may interpret this as:
she went to see her parents for the golden week, was at the sea wearing all black, the picture of her parents has her dad's face hidden in highlights, and she said her mom's much better now, and... you get the point.
At least that's how I also read it at first, but after I realised that because of the earthquake she was calling Keiko in ch.6, not her mom (she said "Good night, mom" to the bar owner, not to her actual mom on the phone), I came to read the story line in a somewhat different light:
Ran went to see her parents for golden week, went to the sea and remembered Keiko's graduation, how they parted ways in the past but eventually got back to live together.
I think Saeki's genuinely happy and actually has conscious feelings for senpai. She totally missed Keiko over the holidays. That's why Ran remembered senpai while watching at the sea. It made her feel lonely. And it seems she finds herself safe and secure enough to fall asleep with a smile on Keiko's laps. To the point that her home is now here, not at her parent's place
As for her dad... well, there's still a possibility that he did die, or her granddad, or her mother was sick. There must be a reason for that dialogue in ch.13. But what exactly happen, we'll only find out later, hopefully soon. Whatever the case is, it certainly lands on the family-parents-living-together-home theme.

Sorry for the long post, I'm terrible at pexressing my thoughts in short phrases ^_^"

joined Sep 23, 2013

Really? I don't notice that. Maybe i should reread again. Thanks for the hint

it's probably because of these:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch06#8
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch06#9
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch10#17
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch13#7

So one may interpret this as:
she went to see her parents for the golden week, was at the sea wearing all black, the picture of her parents has her dad's face hidden in highlights, and she said her mom's much better now, and... you get the point.
At least that's how I also read it at first, but after I realised that because of the earthquake she was calling Keiko in ch.6, not her mom (she said "Good night, mom" to the bar owner, not to her actual mom on the phone), I came to read the story line in a somewhat different light:
Ran went to see her parents for golden week, went to the sea and remembered Keiko's graduation, how they parted ways in the past but eventually got back to live together.
I think Saeki's genuinely happy and actually has conscious feelings for senpai. She totally missed Keiko over the holidays. That's why Ran remembered senpai while watching at the sea. It made her feel lonely. And it seems she finds herself safe and secure enough to fall asleep with a smile on Keiko's laps. To the point that her home is now here, not at her parent's place
As for her dad... well, there's still a possibility that he did die, or her granddad, or her mother was sick. There must be a reason for that dialogue in ch.13. But what exactly happen, we'll only find out later, hopefully soon. Whatever the case is, it certainly lands on the family-parents-living-together-home theme.

Sorry for the long post, I'm terrible at pexressing my thoughts in short phrases ^_^"

Not to wind on your parade, but, aren't your goggles a little too tight?

joined Mar 28, 2014

Not to wind on your parade, but, aren't your goggles a little too tight?

may be they are, but they are my goggles, and I'm the one to wear them, right? I'm not forcing them on anyone. Just sharing thoughts on the manga that I like. And of course I feel excited that I'm not the only one to notice something about Ran's parents. Because I like to speculate. Whether speculations come true or not - I don't even care as much. I enjoy the process, sort of. Just like I don't care much whether there will be canon yuri or not in this manga. I don't even mind het if the end is overall satisfying. It's a josei manga after all.
Feel free to break the goggles though. As I said I really enjoy speculation, but I expect at least some proof references. They don't have to be 100% failsafe, mines are not either. But at least they should help to express the grounding of your position, to understand your reasoning.

last edited at Aug 17, 2014 1:54PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

You know, there's some yuri tension and all, and I've found a way not to be disappointed. Stretch usually gets uploaded to Batoto faster than Dynasty Scans, so I read it there.

Since I read it there I don't feel the need for my stuff to be Yuri related. So I kind of trick myself into not getting into the mood so to speak.

joined Apr 1, 2014

The translation for this one has been consistently released a day or two after the chapter is released online in Japanese (which is awesome), it's just that last month there were no updates.

Boon Scanlations doing a really impressive job with this.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Wow alot of people are commenting on this series....CONSIDERING THAT THERS IS NO YURI AT ALL!!!

I
joined May 21, 2014

Wow alot of people are commenting on this series....CONSIDERING THAT THERS IS NO YURI AT ALL!!!

exactly because there is no FUCKING YURI at all!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Okay now that was yuri okay?! Y-U-R-I ! not glasses, no nothing just yuri >:V and cute and perv and I love it. Make this the end... Don't add more drama pls :( not more het drama

last edited at Sep 4, 2014 9:45AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay now that was yuri okay?! Y-U-R-I ! not glasses, no nothing just yuri >:V and cute and perv and I love it. Make this the end... Don't add more drama pls :( not more het drama

Well, the groping was a gag you see in manga a lot so not necessarily yuri on its own, but the talking about her feelings towards Ran that preceded it? Yeah, that changes the context a lot.

last edited at Sep 4, 2014 9:49AM

joined Dec 7, 2013

This isn't just yuribaiting...this is A D V A N C E D yuribaiting.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Aargh. This finally got to me too.
Expanding the "borderline" so much.

To reply you must either login or sign up.