Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

joined Jan 13, 2019

The term "dating" has so many muddled definitions that you probably will not get a same straight answer on what it means from every person who define it.

The today's "modern dating" is a mess in general, imo. Try courting instead for dating. Only engage in sexual activities in a real, committed, serious monogamous relationship.

how did an english noble from 1465 get access to dynasty scans' comment section

joined Feb 11, 2014

The term "dating" has so many muddled definitions that you probably will not get a same straight answer on what it means from every person who define it.

The today's "modern dating" is a mess in general, imo. Try courting instead for dating. Only engage in sexual activities in a real, committed, serious monogamous relationship.

Time travel obviously.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Evitron posted:

Because only people of culture frequent these lands, transcending time and space.

joined Jul 11, 2015

clicking next page profusely on the last page

I NEED MOREEEEEEEEEE

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

1 Proper friend helping and explaining things correctly
2 Proper MC thinking seriously and asking for help instead of coming up with a rushed answer the next day
3 Explaining the situation to avoid misunderstandings

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to cancel this manga, it's heresy

Welp. I guess there is a heresy I'll indulge in, afterall. The yuri fanbase's counterpart to the reformation had begun.

did...did this just steamroll through the whole plot of bloom into you in one chapter?

U wot m8?

i s i d i o t a s e x u a l i t y

Answer is yes, and it's a valid one with its own troubles.

If you have to aesthetically stretch words, at least do it properly. I'd nevertheless like your comment if liking was an option on the forums.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

furiously tapping screen

This is so good, I need more

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

SAYAKA 2.0

Had me lolling there.

Poor Sayaka Saeki, her name has been given meaning as "doomed third wheel".

Yaya has been synonymous with third wheel long before her.
Nanto Yaya and also Sasame Yaya
Could also include Yayaka

Goddangit you just had to go and remind me of Yayaka orz...
Anyway Sayaka got her own LN spin-off so I think she got off better than most characters in a similar position.
Regardless of what their role in their future may be, I am looking foward to seeing more of both Aki and Miki.

Also I am happy my wish of seeing Yori with glasses in the story happened sooner than expected ^^

It's gonna be a long month for the next chapter, there isn't even a Nettaigyo chapter this month to look foward.... (when is the next AdaShima update coming >o>)
Thanks for the new chapter! this quickly became one of my favorites!

last edited at Jul 20, 2019 7:23PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

SAYAKA 2.0

Had me lolling there.

Poor Sayaka Saeki, her name has been given meaning as "doomed third wheel".

Yaya has been synonymous with third wheel long before her.
Nanto Yaya and also Sasame Yaya
Could also include Yayaka

Goddangit you just had to go and remind me of Yayaka orz...
Anyway Sayaka got her own LN spin-off so I think she got off better than most characters in a similar position.
Regardless of what their role in their future may be, I am looking foward to seeing more of both Aki and Miki.

Also I am happy my wish of seeing Yori with glasses in the story happened sooner than expected ^^

It's gonna be a long month for the next chapter, there isn't even a Nettaigyo chapter this month to look foward.... (when is the next AdaShima update coming >o>)
Thanks for the new chapter! this quickly became one of my favorites!

I think there is a chapter of the new version of AdaShima the 27th.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I think there is a chapter of the new version of AdaShima the 27th.

Thanks for letting me know! I enjoy that new version so I wanna see more of it~

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Okay but tbh I prefer Himari x Miki and Yori with Miki's sister

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ranzo posted:

I like that Miki doesn't seem to be secretly in love with Himari
She's just a good friend giving out sage advice

Just wait...

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I like this manga, it's heartwarming and comfy. However, I have two main problems which kinda prevent me from fully enjoying it:

1 - God, the writting can be so amateurish. One "cute" is enough, we already know what Yori is thinking when you pan to Kino's smiley face before showing Yori's embarassed face. The writting should convey information we can't derive from just looking at the panels, and honestly, those panels would just be better with no text bubbles.

2 - This is something that always pisses me off about these manga: You have a plot where bands and music are really important, and both of the MCs, including the one who's a vocalist, don't have any interesting things to say about music at all. One of my favorite shoujo stories of all time was a side story on Ouran's manga, in which a girl gets more into rock/punk/metal music after hanging out with a guy who was kinda deliquent-ish, and they bond over it. As basic as it was, that's how it works for most real people. They tend to like some music, at the very least they can mention a genre they like over others! Music isn't my life, I don't know how to play any instruments, I can only take guesses at what makes certain genres different (like, I wouldn't really know how to explain the difference between "house" and other forms of EDM, or what math rock actually is), but I'd sure as hell be able to write better interactions regarding music than these ones. I get it if the author doesn't like music (altho as an artist myself, I'd die without music to listen to while drawing...), but you could at least do the minimal amount of research. Or ask a friend, or something. Idk. It's very frustrating.

last edited at Jul 21, 2019 8:20PM

joined Jun 12, 2019

Reminds me of touko and yuu a bit but omg this chapter was cute. I’m really liking this manga

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

both of the MCs, including the one who's a vocalist, don't have any interesting things to say about music at all.

Because it's less about music and more about what you define as "love". Music here is use as a set-up to the story and will take minimal place story wise. I bet the love song Yori write and will sing is what will made Himari really fall in love romantically and fall in love like she does normally.

10455963_830638436992044_5645511050433336598_n
joined Jun 27, 2019

I kinda feel. there will be an entangled love story among these characters... Or it's just me , reading too much into Miki's reaction when Himari said "I love Miki-chan, too".

I fucking can't wait for them nu chapters!

joined Apr 20, 2013

Yori with Miki's sister

these two <3

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

hmmmm.jpeg

0013%20-%20copy
joined Feb 8, 2019

Recent chapters reminds me of yagakimi a lot.

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

both of the MCs, including the one who's a vocalist, don't have any interesting things to say about music at all.

Because it's less about music and more about what you define as "love". Music here is use as a set-up to the story and will take minimal place story wise. I bet the love song Yori write and will sing is what will made Himari really fall in love romantically and fall in love like she does normally.

That music is not integral to the story doesn't mean the characters can't have at least some form of connection through it. And I mean, Himari literally falls in love of Yori while singing. Your comment feels like an excuse for the characters' blandness. What I meant with my comment is that everyone has some sort of opinion about music, and the fact that two characters who share music as part of the foundation of their relationship (and the ongoing obstacle for Yori) but they can't say a single thing about it, is bad character writting. It's not only a missed opportunity to develop any character, but it just speaks volumes about how little the author has thought about his own characters.

Literally, Himari and Yori as a whole are only the "cute yuri sub" and "cool yuri dom" character archetypes. I dont think we've ever seen characters whose personalities are more defined by those traits (and those traits alone) in all of Dynasty Scans history.

And tbh, a story about what you define as "love" framed as this story is framed comes off as way too unrealistic for my taste... The only way they'd be able to change my mind is by making Himari have some sort of profound social/cognitive issue or some sort of personal trauma. A teenager who grows up without an idea of what romantic love should feel like is such a statistical anomaly that they should at least try to explain it somehow. It all just makes Himari seem like a kid who hasn't hit 10 years yet. Who knows? Perhaps the story will prove me wrong, but I feel like this is just a "**sudden confession happened to move the story forward and we need drama because otherwise the MCs will get together for reals and the story will be over, so here, padding**" kinda deal.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The only way they'd be able to change my mind is by making Himari have some sort of profound social/cognitive issue or some sort of personal trauma. A teenager who grows up without an idea of what romantic love should feel like is such a statistical anomaly that they should at least try to explain it somehow.

Idk, have you read Bloom Into You ? Because it's a similar case and as far as i remember Yuu never had any trauma of some sort.

That music is not integral to the story doesn't mean the characters can't have at least some form of connection through it. And I mean, Himari literally falls in love of Yori while singing

You answer yourself, she fall in love of Yori singing. Nothing more, it's not a manga focusing purely on music. I don't get why you found it bad based on something like that.

we need drama because otherwise the MCs will get together for reals and the story will be over, so here, padding

It's not a one-shot, of course we need dramas of some sorts to get the story going but i'm must say that so far the dramas have beenwiped out pretty easily. The misunderstanding on HImari's "love" and Yori's one could have take more chapters to get through and what happen in the last chapter could have take ages in others mangas.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And tbh, a story about what you define as "love" framed as this story is framed comes off as way too unrealistic for my taste... The only way they'd be able to change my mind is by making Himari have some sort of profound social/cognitive issue or some sort of personal trauma. A teenager who grows up without an idea of what romantic love should feel like is such a statistical anomaly that they should at least try to explain it somehow.

I wonder where your statistics come from. Knowing that people fall in a thing called “love” but not actually knowing what that feels like and being at some level quite puzzled by it is in my experience less a “statistical anomaly” than “the adolescent human condition,” one that affects some people considerably longer than others.

I mean, you’ve announced what your non-negotiable demands of the story are, so that’s that, but those criteria sound like pretty idiosyncratic generalizations to me.

Koito_yuu
joined May 27, 2018

You know, I kinda want to see Himari end up with Miki. I know it will never happen but just I don't know.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Abyssal_Hawk posted:

You know, I kinda want to see Himari end up with Miki. I know it will never happen but just I don't know.

gasp D:< You don't deserve that avatar!!

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

I like this manga, it's heartwarming and comfy. However, I have two main problems which kinda prevent me from fully enjoying it:

1 - God, the writting can be so amateurish. One "cute" is enough, we already know what Yori is thinking when you pan to Kino's smiley face before showing Yori's embarassed face. The writting should convey information we can't derive from just looking at the panels, and honestly, those panels would just be better with no text bubbles.

2 - This is something that always pisses me off about these manga: You have a plot where bands and music are really important, and both of the MCs, including the one who's a vocalist, don't have any interesting things to say about music at all. One of my favorite shoujo stories of all time was a side story on Ouran's manga, in which a girl gets more into rock/punk/metal music after hanging out with a guy who was kinda deliquent-ish, and they bond over it. As basic as it was, that's how it works for most real people. They tend to like some music, at the very least they can mention a genre they like over others! Music isn't my life, I don't know how to play any instruments, I can only take guesses at what makes certain genres different (like, I wouldn't really know how to explain the difference between "house" and other forms of EDM, or what math rock actually is), but I'd sure as hell be able to write better interactions regarding music than these ones. I get it if the author doesn't like music (altho as an artist myself, I'd die without music to listen to while drawing...), but you could at least do the minimal amount of research. Or ask a friend, or something. Idk. It's very frustrating.

Hmm, I see where you're going with this one and I get it. I, too, would love a love story that at least would have a sort of substance instead of mere psychological nuances of love-- a thing which by the way was done masterfully in Bloom Into You, there was never a dull moment. In the story, the elements of the stage play had a crucial role in establishing the foil against the antiheroine Touko Nanami--a weapon which Yuu Koito (the heroine in that moment) wielded against Touko's self-destruction.

So maybe, instead of just singing songs to Himari, Yori could just lure the kouhai further into her romancing by teaching her the basics of guitar, or something like that, something TANGIBLE that they could bond over. A THING that the kouhai could use to discover something about the senpai, and could help Kino in trying to figure out what and how does she really feel for Yori.

On the other hand, I also concur with what everyone else has stated about the matter that Music (probably, for now) isn't the focus of the story, not even music band dynamics (like Revue Starlight, a theater group dynamic, where both the subtext gay romance and theater are obvious).

I think we should just wait and see how their romance unfolds considering that there could be a love "square" among Himari, Yori, Miki, Aki. (Wait, they rhyme huh...???).

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Guess who is designing characters for an upcoming anime ? https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-07-27/tokyotoon-shinei-animation-reveal-null-and-peta-multimedia-project-with-planned-anime-game/.149421

And I hate to say it but ... That's the same face syndrome right there, is almost like this girl and Himari were sisters.

Ah but I'll probably watch ... Looks fun lo/ and we know the author likes yuri

To reply you must either login or sign up.