a Netflix show?
or maybe a movie adaptation?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Netflix adaptation?

a Netflix show?

Maybe it'll be as good as Death Note, lol.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Netflix adaptation?

a Netflix show?

Only if Adachi is played by Willem Dafoe

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Netflix adaptation?

a Netflix show?

Only if Adachi is played by Willem Dafoe

Done! It'll air in September.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wait wait if we're making demands, I want De Vito as the alien girl :I

But really, I think this is the first time I've heard of LN getting a new manga and also anime specially considering how soft this is compared to the latest yuri picked for animation.

I like to think that the way some works are picked for animation make it seems that is just one Japanese otaku with loooooooooooootts of money (bitcoins miner or yakuza who knows) who one day says "Yeah... I want this one, do the arrangements"

Or maybe is just the influence of Citrus and Bloom into you making a wave.... Either way is nice.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

But really, I think this is the first time I've heard of LN getting a new manga and also anime specially considering how soft this is compared to the latest yuri picked for animation.

I like to think that the way some works are picked for animation make it seems that is just one Japanese otaku with loooooooooooootts of money (bitcoins miner or yakuza who knows) who one day says "Yeah... I want this one, do the arrangements"

Or maybe is just the influence of Citrus and Bloom into you making a wave.... Either way is nice.

Yuri as whole it's just becoming more mainstream and profitable from the looks of it, another manga, Fragment I think?, is also getting an anime adaptation, and at least in the case of Adashima, it seems like a decently popular LN, what with it running since 2013, so it probaly seems like a decent bet for the people investing in it.

Also following the other joke, maybe not a netflix adaptation but by all means a regular Live Action adapatation wouldn't be too out there would it? although at that point there may be too much stuff at once.

last edited at Jun 2, 2019 1:05AM

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Nice. The plot of this version seems much more mature and deep. The artstyle of the original is way better, though.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I think I prefer this version's art, but I prefer the original's pacing and writing.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Then Gwendoline Christie should be Hino and Ellen Page as Nagafuji

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Then Gwendoline Christie should be Hino and Ellen Page as Nagafuji

Hey Netflix, you're leaving money on the table here!

SlowburnPhoenix
E3b0ae88-e397-4841-ada6-f0d793de4c21
joined Nov 25, 2018

I dunno. The first manga followed the LN almost exactly; those things that weren't said were faithfully depicted, backgrounds and all, most of the time.

“Almost exactly” although the first one literally skips things and while I do enjoy it, the LN is definitely best way to experience the story. Sure, there’s unnecessary details at times and that’s pretty common for a LN, but I cannot express how bothered I feel when the OG manga skips scenes and you don’t get as clear an understanding of what the characters feel because it literally doesn’t tell you.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

The Mani version has a more unique art style, but I think this version looks much better. A little "basic", but there's more subtlety and variety in the character expressions.

I don't necessarily mind the faster pace; if I want to take it slower I can just read the Mani version or the LN again. Also gets a thumbs up for including the hand-holding scene in the first chapter. I don't want to base too much on just one chapter, but I'm tentatively optimistic.

last edited at Jun 19, 2019 7:27AM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

At the end of the day, I don't care about whether it's the original version, the Moke version, or the LN version. I just want to see Adachi and Shimamura smooch.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Doctor_Hoot posted:

The Mani version has a more unique art style, but I think this version looks much better. A little "basic", but there's more subtlety and variety in the character expressions.

I don't necessarily mind the faster pace; if I want to take it slower I can just read the Mani version or the LN again. Also gets a thumbs up for including the hand-holding scene in the first chapter. I don't want to base too much on just one chapter, but I'm tentatively optimistic.

The faster pace should be better to impress new people and not really a huge deal for people who are already familiar with the previous adaptations that already know everything that's gonna happen... Is not like we're jumping straight to Shimura's house anyway hahaha.

I'm optimistic too.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Woho! Bless the double AdaShima releases two days in a row ^^
thank you for the update~

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

For some reason I can't get really get into any of these series

It's alright but I dunno I just find it really lacking in a certain quality that most yuri's seem to have
It's a strange thing
Or maybe I'm thinking more in terms with the original manga

last edited at Jun 27, 2019 10:44PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

((((PROTECT THAT SMILE)))))

I feel bad for alien girl a bit.... a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny bit hahahaha.

My only complain in this chapter is that they didn't show enough of the dream, but I love Adachi's reactions and thoughts.
"I'm not like that but if Shimamura were the one initianing the kiss.... well... I guess I wouldn't resist"
(^_−)☆ of course Adachi, solid argument

4a8ddad2-e863-4cd8-bf4c-320b6caa080d
joined Sep 19, 2018

i definitely prefer this one to the og manga. it has a better art style, a faster pace, and the expressions are that much more expressive. the og manga follows the light novel pretty by the book (ya see what i did there?) but it doesn’t hold a candle to the light novel itself, and that’s where it really fails. This one doesn’t attempt to be a light novel, so it feels more refreshing.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

IDK, this one feels like it has less... personality, I guess? Like, it feels like there's not much that sets it apart from the other thousand yuri mangas about two high school girls who fall in love. The old one had a slow building tension with a kind of detached melancholy atmosphere that drew me in. Mmm I'm not doing a good job of articulating why, but yeah, I like the old one better. But I guess it's too early to say definitively.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

My favorite part in this chapter was the panel where Adachi goes "HAA?!?" all shocked like after Shimamura calls her out on her smiling. lol

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

This version is sooo much better, I love it!

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Yeah, I like this version more too. I hope that anime will be close to this mood.

GM_Highlander
joined May 26, 2017

How come so many liked the "alien"? I found it incredibly annoying and didn't really bring the plot forward. I personally hopes that the anime as well makes the same smart choice as this manga and just writes around it

joined Apr 18, 2018

Because people liked to fantasize that the "alien" is Adachi and Shimamura's child.

To reply you must either login or sign up.