Forum › Citrus + discussion

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

what's with this physical awkwardness when they've already hit second base in the actual series

this is supposed to be Citrus PLUS ;-;

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

hannahology posted:

what's with this physical awkwardness when they've already hit second base in the actual series

yeah but that stands for EXTRA CITROUS not extra yuri hehehehe

last edited at Jun 20, 2019 10:05AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

a cautionary tale of lesbian bed death.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Citrus is going back to Japanese TV next month for some reason
https://twitter.com/citrus_anime/status/1141620432153354241

Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

@Dreamloop June 20, 2019 4:45AM

@blastaar @HuckaLeroo @Altair

Thanks for your hilarious comments, they really made my day. I wouldn't be surprised if UFOs and alien lesbians suddenly appeared out of nowhere, they'd be more realistic than what we've had so far.

I think the mods should add a comedy tag to this discussion since it's getting so out of hand.

IKR?!?!?! Thank Saburouta for all of the ensuing hilarity. This manga is the gift the just keeps giving XD

last edited at Jun 20, 2019 12:07PM

Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

I hope that means season 2 is coming. So many good moments to be had. Too bad they likely won't adapt much if any of the volume bonus chapters, since season 1 skipped over most of them as well.

Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

@matsuri_wins June 20, 2019 7:20AM

This right here should be a pinned post, and made the best description of YuzuMei as a couple, a warning for anyone starting to read this BS story...

Also:
HARUMATSU WHEN

I am not here for anything else anymore, why does Mei keep showing her emo face in this story? All her problems can be summarized as lack of sex. Seriously.

About the editorial decisions, I wonder if there is someone at Yuri Hime or Sabu herself who thinks that if they show even some kissing right now that’s somehow BAD, like they will lose readers or something? I can’t believe Citrus is not losing Japanese readers at this point.

THIS. Nuff said.

At this point, watching readers attempt to come to terms with the cultural and ideological underpinnings of the Aihara Academy power structure is like being old stoner burnouts watching someone take their first LSD trip:

“Don’t let it freak you out, man—just go with the flow! You have to let your third eye open, because some things can’t be grokked by the rational mind!”

It takes a higher plane of consciousness to reconcile the oneness of the universe with “lesbian incest in an elite old-school traditionalist Japanese family?—not a problem!”

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Lol that was weird, yeah. I even wondered if there was a page missing.

I mean, I always think it is a pity that once a pair gets together the story usually stops. so we should be happy that there is a Citrus+. But somehow it's just more useless drama. Maybe I can enjoy this more when it is done...

Ryokoayeka2
joined Sep 6, 2017

a cautionary tale of lesbian bed death.

Thank you- i lol'd xD
Perhaps the first case where it happened before months of grand slams...

last edited at Jun 20, 2019 8:55PM

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

fuck all yall who shit on this series this thing is cute as all hell give me more mei growth

fuck all yall who shit on this series this thing is cute as all hell give me more mei growth

You have earned my respect, for saying that.

Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

@Dreamloop May 19, 2019 2:30PM

This chapter just took the pointlessness of Citrus+ to a whole new level - and that's saying something. Here's Saburouta destroying her own (albeit already rather unimpressive) legacy.

Buuurrrrnnn...

last edited at Jun 25, 2019 1:00PM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Citrus is going back to Japanese TV next month for some reason
https://twitter.com/citrus_anime/status/1141620432153354241

That's nice.

joined Apr 25, 2019

I’m curious. What exactly does Mei’s father mean when he tells her “You’ll be free too” when discussing administrative changes??
Or is the translation different then what’s being said??

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

What exactly does Mei’s father mean when he tells her “You’ll be free too”

It means that Mei is freed from all her responsibilities as an Aihara heir.

i.e. she doesn't have to marry someone so that her husband could be Chairman of the school and leave behind a descendant.

As a consequence, she herself could take the position.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

These men in the council look like the titans from aot lol...
This chapter was better than the rest at least
Also

lesbian bed death

It can't be bed death if it never was alive to begin with lol

last edited at Jun 22, 2019 9:55PM

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Despite everything I've said here, I really would like to see the second anime season.

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

And the reason why I'm so vitriolic about the failings of Citrus+ is that the series actually had some real potential. Not potential to be anything spectacular, but potential to be a respectable guilty pleasure. It was enjoyable when it was trashy but sexy, now Sabu has been trying to turn this into a "serious" romance which she quite apparently cannot handle at all.

Mei's sexually abusive behaviour in the first volumes was cringeworthy but preferable to what we have now.

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 11:54AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Yeah I don't understand how she doesn't realize that cutting them literally 10/10 of the times that something is about to happen is normal? Doesn't she realize after a point it really turns readers off? Unfortunately I barely care about the characters anymore, but the art style is top notch, so a scene like that would be the best thing that has happened in citrus for a long time.
Plus they look more mature and not like literal 11 year olds having sex cringe which is so common in the Yuri genre. Like I wonder, the artists who draw all these kids getting it on, do they find it...hot?

I went back to Citrus chapter 41 and Sabu cut them again by having Mei getting up. Is she doing this on purpose? Maybe the publishers want this to be sfw , I have no idea. But even with that there are other ways to censor. I'd rather have them cut the scene and imply it happened rather than Mei acting like that even after they got married.
Like wow, they got the courage to come out to everyone, including Mei's grandpa, but Mei still can't handle touching Yuzu....

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Isn’t kissing SFW? There is a difference between kissing or at least implied kissing and an outright make out scene. Besides, isn’t Citrus being published in Yuri Hime, the same magazine that published NTR?
NTR has kissing, groping, and implied sex scenes. If they are all in the same magazine, I don’t see why showing the same in Citrus is a problem. Which by the way it used to show all that.

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Isn’t kissing SFW? There is a difference between kissing or at least implied kissing and an outright make out scene. Besides, isn’t Citrus being published in Yuri Hime, the same magazine that published NTR?
NTR has kissing, groping, and implied sex scenes. If they are all in the same magazine, I don’t see why showing the same in Citrus is a problem. Which by the way it used to show all that.

You know, I think the whole series is just a giant conspiracy to make our brains explode from the strain of trying to figure it out. You can't explain this in any other way.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

NTR has kissing, groping, and implied sex scenes.

The main Citrus series had kissing and groping (remember the phone-confiscation scene?) in Chapter fucking 1.

Maybe it’s only OK if it’s non-con/dub-con.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Maybe it’s only OK if it’s non-con/dub-con.

Holy f this is it. We solved the mystery.

joined Apr 25, 2019

What exactly does Mei’s father mean when he tells her “You’ll be free too”

It means that Mei is freed from all her responsibilities as an Aihara heir.

i.e. she doesn't have to marry someone so that her husband could be Chairman of the school and leave behind a descendant.

As a consequence, she herself could take the position.

Oh I see. I was having trouble understanding what that all meant for her.
So all of this could work out for her and Yuzu after all.
I’m actually happy to hear that. Thanks for clarifying.

To reply you must either login or sign up.