Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I quite liked this chapter, idk what's with all the hate (for lack of a better word atm). This is a light NOVEL and not a manga, these types of chapters appear in nearly every novel, Japanese or otherwise. It reinforced Shimamura's lack of direction and tendency to laze around (even at a gym). We were introduced to our MC's mothers, thus giving us more info on the MCs. We got Adachi's absolutely adorable reaction to Shimamura lying on her lap and Yashiro wasn't a total jerk getting between our two MCs, maybe she'll mostly be imouto's friend from now on.
Anyways thanks for the chapter and great job translators once again.

Av
joined May 25, 2015

So, are we to infer from this chapter that Shimamura is conscientiously grooming herself to accept a deeper change in her relationship with Adachi?

We are reminded that she just can’t handle people or conversations, yet she closes the chapter welcoming change so slow that it goes unnoticed.

Regarding her attraction to Shimamura, I just love that she had to convince herself that she didn’t look up her skirt and still ended up accepting the label. I was honestly expecting her to ask Adachi if she had gotten a peek in herself to round up the teasing.

Yuriloveisbestlove
joined Feb 15, 2019

I think the point about that was to point out that she (Shimamura) would rather be a loner but she has a meddlesome (loving) family and friends that flock to her without her trying. Basically, she is well equipped to deal with people and does so, but she would rather have nothing to do with people. Adachi is an exception since Shimamura is drawn towards her and actually wants to know more about her and Shimamura doesn't know how to deal with Adachi (because Adachi is totally in love with her). Lastly, she points out that they are opposites because she realizes that Adachi IS a loner but she wants to have more or stronger relationships with people.

last edited at Jun 1, 2019 10:35PM

Seira%20the%20boss
joined Jun 25, 2017

Finally another visual novel here! I was waiting for this. Time for some good yuri literature!

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

Wait, from the tag... Anime adaptation?

last edited at Jun 2, 2019 12:29PM

joined Jan 25, 2017

Wait, from the tag... Anime adaptation?

Yeah, got announced relatively recently. Still no details on when it's happening or who's making it or anything tho

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This might end up being one of my favorite chapters. Getting a small glimpse of our mains characters from the mothers who had a hand in raising them was super interesting. And who can say they saw the "test of wills" coming?

Aha. Moma pretending to cry into the "sleeves" of her sleeveless top.

Did we really need that creep at the pool though? -_-

last edited at Jun 2, 2019 6:38PM

joined Oct 5, 2016

This series is interesting, it feels a lot more like a western LGBT ya romance novel, it's got the whole arc of like girl meets girl -> oh shit am I gay -> eventual self acceptance -> they get their gay on. Most yuri series tend to avoid that stuff and just focus on the romance without having it mean anything beyond that singular romance.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Yashiro x Imouto? Though it seems imout might have a crush on Shimamura too.
Also, I took days to read this latest chapter. The chapters are too long to read in one sitting. lol

last edited at Jun 16, 2019 1:47PM

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Just as a quick note, the manga skips this chapter of the novel, meaning that I won't be updating it till the next one.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Huh, I was kinda shipping Hino and Nagafuji already, but I wasn't actually expecting the story to pair them up

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Thanks for the update!
Adachi really does have the best opening lines to begin her pov section in both volumes so far huh ^^?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I will forever from now never be able to read Nagafuji's name as anything other than "Niku(Meat)Fuji".

Also, Adachi my girl, I feel you in my soul with this one: "This was how attempting to socialize usually went for me. I'd overthink things and find myself stuck, unable to move forward. Then, incapable of doing anything, I'd watch the whole thing crash and burn in front of my eyes."

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Okay, question. In Ch 2, when it's December and she's talking about how cold it is, why is the air conditioner on? Shouldn't it be the heater?
@sneikkimies What's going on there at the beginning?

Sailor%20moon%20crystal%20-%2027.mkv_snapshot_18.10_[2016.04.14_00.25.11]
joined Jul 21, 2015

Okay, question. In Ch 2, when it's December and she's talking about how cold it is, why is the air conditioner on? Shouldn't it be the heater?

Air conditioner's settings are remarkably warmer than your usual Japan's winter even in Tokyo

joined Jan 25, 2017

Shimamura, please give Adachi a hug, it'll make her feel better.

Or it might kill her.

One of the two.

Letys%20try%20this%20again
joined Mar 26, 2017

With every chapter that drops, I love this series more and more. I feel bad for the people who won't touch this because it's not in manga format.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I actually questioned the same thing when I was doing my thing. Later on, I Googled it. Japanese air conditioners are magical things that can do both cooling and heat. Here's a snazzy info page about how to use one if you're ever a lost little gaijin and need to use one. One of the functions explained/translated is heater mode.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 6:43PM

Bowser Wowser
Screen%20shot%202019-06-20%20at%206.20.42%20am
joined May 6, 2017

Gotta love how much characterisation this series has. The leads feel like real people.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I had a bit of a giggle when it finally hit Shimamura that going to Adachi's house might very well involve seeing Adachi's mother. I'm sure that's something that will be part of a later chapter, ha.

Yuriloveisbestlove
joined Feb 15, 2019

Honestly this was just more of the same between our 2 MCs but the story doesn't get bland, I love it. When Adachi thought about kissing sleeping Shimamura I immediately thought back to Girl Friends, but I'm glad she didn't do the kiss and how she thought that she would rather be the one kissed seems more her character also. Hino and Nagafuji might be something? Just please don't tease us with those two cus I'll totally ship them hard. Lastly, thanks again to the hardworking translators, this is still the best LN I've come across in terms of quality translations.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm glad she didn't do the kiss and how she thought that she would rather be the one kissed seems more her character also.

Well, that, and, yannow, consent is sexy, I'm glad Adachi figured that out. "How the kiss came to happen mattered.". Gettin' smooched by your "friend" while you're sleeping and thus unable to say "aye" or "nay" is more than a tad creepy and insensitive.

Plus that particular trope has been overused IMO. Too many authors who can't figure out how to progress a relationship logically to the destination they want with the characters and situations they've developed, so resort to drastic (and usually kinda dumb) measures. It's not quite on par with the "running to school with a piece of toast hanging out of the mouth" or "accidentally run into someone who is also running and we both turn the same corner and OOPS WE KISSED" tropes that have been used to death... but still, overused.

joined Apr 23, 2015

That's right story. Keep burning. Slowly. I can take it! beats chest. .... then cries weakly
But seriously still very good!

joined Apr 23, 2015

I'm glad she didn't do the kiss and how she thought that she would rather be the one kissed seems more her character also.

Well, that, and, yannow, consent is sexy, I'm glad Adachi figured that out. "How the kiss came to happen mattered.". Gettin' smooched by your "friend" while you're sleeping and thus unable to say "aye" or "nay" is more than a tad creepy and insensitive.

Plus that particular trope has been overused IMO. Too many authors who can't figure out how to progress a relationship logically to the destination they want with the characters and situations they've developed, so resort to drastic (and usually kinda dumb) measures. It's not quite on par with the "running to school with a piece of toast hanging out of the mouth" or "accidentally run into someone who is also running and we both turn the same corner and OOPS WE KISSED" tropes that have been used to death... but still, overused.

I remember feeling that way about a few stories a while back . . .

joined Apr 23, 2015

I will forever from now never be able to read Nagafuji's name as anything other than "Niku(Meat)Fuji".

Also, Adachi my girl, I feel you in my soul with this one: "This was how attempting to socialize usually went for me. I'd overthink things and find myself stuck, unable to move forward. Then, incapable of doing anything, I'd watch the whole thing crash and burn in front of my eyes."

That was so well written.
I was always, and still am, terrible at socializing except in my case it was pretty much intentional. ^^;

To reply you must either login or sign up.