Well shizuku is already loving saki a lot

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

This is the cutest frickin' story I swear

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

So Mio's totally going to slip Saki advice about his sister on the sly, right? Play both sides, little bro!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This was a really cute development. I approve.

joined Feb 23, 2016

More

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Expert wingman lil bro getting them together without even realizing that they're gay

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Aaaaaaa

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

Expert wingman lil bro getting them together without even realizing that they're gay

Why would he ask Saki if she likes Shizuku if he doesn't realize they're gay, when Saki liking her at least as a friend is more than obvious?

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

The amount of sweetness on that last page gave me diabeetus.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

AWWWWWW.

Flowers-le-volume-sur-ete-screenshot
joined Nov 22, 2018

He literally calls her sister "yuri onee-chan" in the title though.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Luuuk posted:

Why would he ask Saki if she likes Shizuku if he doesn't realize they're gay, when Saki liking her at least as a friend is more than obvious?

Because he is a kid and doesn't know that they could like each other beyond friendship, that's why he doesn't understand why he would need to keep it a secret.

10350345_10203915261036022_4042905298182130354_n
joined Mar 1, 2015

This is one of those yuri manga where there is a guy but either they only act as a comedic character but also someone who is also a wingman for the yuri pairing..Like Seifuku no Vampiress Lord and Why Did I, the MC Of Gal Game Jump Into A World Of Yuri Comic..Honestly, guys in yuri manga doesn't bother me so it's fine..Besides, even got the feeling that the brother thought that he is pushing them to become friends with each other but also accidentally making them fall in love with each other.. :D

joined Nov 22, 2018

Because he is a kid and doesn't know that they could like each other beyond friendship

Do people seriously thinks grade schoolers are that ignorant when it comes to romance?

joined Dec 18, 2018

Because he is a kid and doesn't know that they could like each other beyond friendship

Do people seriously thinks grade schoolers are that ignorant when it comes to romance?

Varies on a case to case basis I would assume. Personally I knew romance was a thing, but I had no concept of what "gay" was.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Romance, no.
Gay romance... maybe.

If you have never been exposed to that idea before, it might be difficult to figure.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

DeltaCZ posted:

Do people think the characters in a story are aware that they're fictional and the title of their book? sorry... I mean, some kids are more knowledgeable than others but you can go and try to find clues where the brother specifically says "I want to support their love" or something...But you would be wasting your time, and while most kid should be aware of romance and where babies come from, a lesbian relationships is more special.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

See you guys in the hospital.

joined Nov 22, 2018

you can go and try to find clues where the brother specifically says "I want to support their love" or something...

Its literally the title lmao. The author tries so hard to imply that the brother knows whats up by even going so far as to name the manga "I'll Cheer On My Yuri Onee-chan" but you all just gonna ignore it huh. And yes, most grade schoolers definitely knows about gays, some even uses it as an insult even though they should not. They are not that ignorant about those topics, ask some teachers and you will know.

joined Jul 26, 2016

you can go and try to find clues where the brother specifically says "I want to support their love" or something...

Its literally the title lmao.

Which is entirely non-indicative of when he becomes aware of it in-universe. Or even if - titles even when framed as first-person statements of a character have no inherent obligation to literally reflect the narrative as opposed to being more thematically and/or symbolically descriptive.

Which said he seems to have more or less figured it out by the end of this chapter and asks Saki as much, though it's still anyone's guess how far his grasp of the idea of "liking someone" goes. I reckon he'll be digesting that one for some time.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Hello, I'm Wilford Brimley, and I'd like to talk to you about managing your diabeetus.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

This is too cute. God. I love it.

joined Nov 22, 2018

Which is entirely non-indicative of when he becomes aware of it in-universe. Or even if - titles even when framed as first-person statements of a character have no inherent obligation to literally reflect the narrative as opposed to being more thematically and/or symbolically descriptive.

So
Author: lets name the manga "I'll Cheer On My Yuri Onee-chan" for some reason.
Also author: lets contradict the title by implying that the brother doesnt know her sister is into yuri to confuse the readers.

Nah, i dont think thats the author's aim but maybe thats just me.

joined Jul 26, 2016

So
Author: lets name the manga "I'll Cheer On My Yuri Onee-chan" for some reason.
Also author: lets contradict the title by implying that the brother doesnt know her sister is into yuri to confuse the readers.

Nah, i dont think thats the author's aim but maybe thats just me.

The point being that the title could well accurately describe the contents of the story without necessarily literally describing the relevant character's awareness of his role in it - at least initially.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

DeltaCZ posted:

Its literally the title lmao. The author tries so hard to imply that the brother knows whats up by even going so far as to name the manga "I'll Cheer On My Yuri Onee-chan" but you all just gonna ignore it huh. And yes, most grade schoolers definitely knows about gays, some even uses it as an insult even though they should not. They are not that ignorant about those topics, ask some teachers and you will know.

wow.....Huh... in that case
Ch 3 predictions Alright, time to buy a double ended dildo for my onee chan! that should speed things up lo/

To reply you must either login or sign up.