Forum › I'll Cheer On My Yuri Onee-chan discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Handholding, how lewd

At least they weren't interlocking fingers.

joined Jan 11, 2019

That boy is less a wingman and more a Suppression of Enemy Air Defense mission

The CAS Aircraft one or the on-land sabotage one?

Aircraft probably fits the saying better. (Though not all SEAD aircraft are CAS. They've used B-52s for SEAD (see Linebacker II) and ARMs tend to have decent range)

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 9:26AM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I hope little bro can find himself a nice boyfriend by the end of the series.

Indeed

There are already two candidates. Maybe you don't remember them, because their only appearance came in the beginning of chapter 1... but it's transparently obvious that they are both crazy for Futaba. And who wouldn't, right? He's so cute, honest and girly. (灬 ͡♥ 3 ͡♥灬)

The first one is a sporty boy, strong, mischievous, energetic and a total tsundere:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ill_cheer_on_my_yuri_onee_chan_ch01#5

The second one is smart, polite, adult-like for his age, and a typical "nice boy" all around:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ill_cheer_on_my_yuri_onee_chan_ch01#6

Were you in Futaba's shoes, who would you choose? ・:*:・゚( ͡ºั ͜ʖ ͡ºั )。・:*:・゚

joined Dec 18, 2018

Indeed

There are already two candidates. Maybe you don't remember them, because their only appearance came in the beginning of chapter 1... but it's transparently obvious that they are both crazy for Futaba. And who wouldn't, right? He's so cute, honest and girly. (灬 ͡♥ 3 ͡♥灬)

The first one is a sporty boy, strong, mischievous, energetic and a total tsundere:

The second one is smart, polite, adult-like for his age, and a typical "nice boy" all around:

Out of those two I feel like Sui is the stronger candidate, though I'm not quite certain Sui is a boy, has that gender ambiguous look.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Seira posted:

Seira posted:

Have you considered the fact that the title might reference a point of time ahead of the current point in the story.

So the chapter 3, because thats literally what we are talking about. The title implies that the brother knows her sister's a yuri and chapter 3 shows that with the scene where the brother ask if saki likes her sister, and the fact that he can asked that question so casually in the first place means he's not a stranger when it comes to girls liking other girls. He was even wondering why saki wants to keep it a secret when it was so obvious that her sister also feels the same way(im honestly wondering too).

No, I'm almost certain he was asking if Saki liked Shizuku in a friendly way. In the raws, Saki asks Mio to keep it a secret, but she says it in a way where she's treating Mio like a child (which... he most definitely is, lol). On the next page where Mio is asking, "Shh...?", it's actually showing that he isn't clear on why it needs to be kept a secret from Shizuku at all. This isn't an interpretation from the English translations, but rather how it comes off to me in the raws themselves. Plus, this kind of misunderstanding is a very common trope in romance manga. Also, the official Pixiv description for this series says something about how everybody's different definitions of "love" will slowly come to light, which, to me, makes it clear that Mio, Shizuku and Saki have different ideas of it for now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I’m sorry if any of that comes off as standoffish. I know it’s more likely that you haven’t seen the official description for the series or the raws, so I’m just trying to be informative!

Off topic from this argument, but the next chapter release (raw) is slated for June 28th.

I feel like that's the most accepted interpretation and after your description is pretty obvious (it was already obvious) that the author was intended to make it look that way, the sister can barely hold a conversation alone and had no contact with people her age before, she might be in love with Saki but doesn't know yet as she struggles to keep her close; the brother wants (and was veeery clear about that) to help her sister make a friend and ask Saki if she likes her just to make sure and finally Saki, well, she's clearly in love and that's what her face tells us and the point of this date... But as the author said, eventually everyone will realize what kind of relationship this is turning into.

Delta, your interpretation is understandable but like Seira said, this is common misunderstanding in manga so maybe you haven't find it that often, after all, you can love your family and love your lover and love your friends but they're all different and this is coming from a kid, you probably realized at this point anyway so well, that's fine.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 10:09AM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Indeed

Out of those two I feel like Sui is the stronger candidate, though I'm not quite certain Sui is a boy, has that gender ambiguous look.

Oh? I hadn't considered that. You may be right. Sui has an androgynous look and an androgynous name. Could be a tomboyish girl...

Although, taking everything into account, I think I'd like it better if what we have here is the typical shoujo manga choice between classic standard boy-types. :P

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Chapter 1 title is "I'll Make Onee-chan a Friend!"

joined Oct 22, 2018

Indeed

I don't think that the first one is even into Mio. Sui, on the other hand...
But, to answer your question, yeah, if I were Mio, I'd go with Sui.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Indeed

I'll take both of them, rashiku ikimasho! (Huhu, Sailor Moon taught me well. )

I had kinda forgotten about those two, but it's certain they will have some role to play in future chapters. Especially "Energetic Boy" whose parents didn't visit the school for Parent's Day and is trying to put up a genki front when actually he must be feeling sad. (If he needs caring and comfort, I'm sure Mio can do something about that!)

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 11:16AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

This is the cutest thing I read all day. Nice to have an indirect confirmation that Saki likes Shizuku that way. Of course poor Mio-kun is oblivious (for now).

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

"Energetic Boy" whose parents didn't visit the school for Parent's Day and is trying to put up a genki front when actually he must be feeling sad. (If he needs caring and comfort, I'm sure Mio can do something about that!)

... you're thinking something ecchi, aren't you?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

White Rose posted:

"Energetic Boy" whose parents didn't visit the school for Parent's Day and is trying to put up a genki front when actually he must be feeling sad. (If he needs caring and comfort, I'm sure Mio can do something about that!)

... you're thinking something ecchi, aren't you?

I'll Cheer On My Yaoi Otōto ? would work as a sequel spin off but I'm not into shota so I'll stay in this side

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

That's a whole lot of yaoi shipping for some boys that only appeared on two pages... in a yuri manga.
Let Mio-kun grow up to make up his own mind about what he likes.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

That's a whole lot of yaoi shipping for some boys that only appeared on two pages... in a yuri manga.

Everyone must be shipped. It's the law.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Most people don't feel safe unless he's paired with someone and/or he's gay. For me the story is pretty safe as it is, but I guess being wary of even a kid stealing Saki or his own sister is pretty common in manga.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Most people don't feel safe unless he's paired with someone and/or he's gay. For me the story is pretty safe as it is, but I guess being wary of even a kid stealing Saki or his own sister is pretty common in manga.

I don't think they were exactly trying to be safe there... but I could be wrong. The power of paranoia is impressive indeed.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 1:58PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I'll Cheer On My Yaoi Otōto ? would work as a sequel spin off

joined Oct 22, 2018

I don't think they were exactly trying to be safe there... but I could be wrong. The power of paranoia is impressive indeed.

Yeah... I don't know for the other people shipping Mio with either or both of the other boys, but I ship Mio with Sui just because I'm shipping them, and not the whole "feeling safe"/"paranoia" business. I think it goes without saying that I agree with Komi on this line:

the story is pretty safe as it is

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 2:24PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Yeah... I don't know for the other people shipping Mio with either or both of the other boys, but I ship Mio with Sui just because I'm shipping them, and not the whole "feeling safe"/"paranoia" business. I think it goes without saying that I agree with Komi on this line:

the story is pretty safe as it is

Not sure if that makes it much better.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Rule 41, if I'm not mistaken? Though 34 and 43 apply too. (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ )

joined Apr 6, 2019

Rule 41, if I'm not mistaken? Though 34 and 43 apply too. (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ )

In some versions it's 36.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

"That's pretty gay" soundtrack intensifies

joined Sep 4, 2016

Best little brother ever.

Shipping Account
Fb_img_1534347820826
joined Oct 2, 2018

Holy Moly she already said the words `0_0'

joined Jul 23, 2017

Hmm why is she awfully stacked (´・ω・`)

To reply you must either login or sign up.