Forum › The Meaning of Us discussion

BakemonoJoker
11987161_1662992157250246_4752483831939925755_n
joined Jun 20, 2014

Sadly a completely realistic fear. Humans are shit.

Oh man… =__= The attackers were teenagers too. That goes to show you how important education and representation are when it comes to this stuff.

Crazy , the homophobic rate is geting up , it's like they hate that some people became happy in this life ...

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Oh man… =__= The attackers were teenagers too. That goes to show you how important education and representation are when it comes to this stuff.

Crazy , the homophobic rate is geting up , it's like they hate that some people became happy in this life ...

The rate of homphobia is not going up. In fact there are far more neutral or supportive people with every year.
The actual difference is that the more public LGBT people are, the more the resistance from homophobes rises as well.
These people were here 20 years ago and they are still here now. But back then homosexuals would have hidden their true self and thus avoided such attention.

Of course these fucks have no room to escape anymore for their actions and will be judged by the law as they should.

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 4:11AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The rate of homphobia is not going up. In fact there are far more neutral or supportive people with every year.
The actual difference is that the more public LGBT people are, the more the resistance from homophobes rises as well.
These people were here 20 years ago and they are still here now. But back then homosexuals would have hidden their true self and thus avoided such attention.

That and, as the article points out as well, people are more and more willing to report such attacks as the hate crimes they are, and the improved awareness of the police itself.

Ryokoayeka2
joined Sep 6, 2017

I loved this but was confused by the matching outfits. Is this a thing? scratches head Also that London attack was terrible but there was a time not long ago where it would not have seen justice done nor so many people calling for it.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Author probably wanted to make a shout out to Nanoha and Midori. I refuse to believe the likeness was a coincidence.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Author probably wanted to make a shout out to Nanoha and Midori. I refuse to believe the likeness was a coincidence.

The uniforms are an almost perfect match as well. ~nods~

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Oh, adorable!

joined Sep 5, 2018

After finishing the chapter, go back to the chapter’s title page where Hitomi is not only wearing the matching outfit while holding Mai’s hand; she’s also wearing a wedding ring . Actually, Mai does too on the volume’s cover page.

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 12:46PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I like to think at least some are coming around and figuring things out

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 3:29PM

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Cardcaptor Sakura was the first anime I ever watched! CLAMP rules!

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

After finishing the chapter, go back to the chapter’s title page where Hitomi is not only wearing the matching outfit while holding Mai’s hand; she’s also wearing a wedding ring . Actually, Mai does too on the volume’s cover page.

And nice catch. A really cute detail.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I've tried to explain to people who get upset about "political correctness" stuff "being shoved in their face" that it's not about them, it's about the next generation and so on. Every human will always have things they don't understand and/or don't like, but if we can as a collective just be less of shitbags about it? That's progress to me.
I feel like this third story got that point across better than I ever could, lol. As a whole, this collection was really good stuff.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oh yeah! Although the rings are on their right hands instead of left…

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

This is why Pride is important. Such a great short story

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Every time someone steps up and says who they are, the world becomes a better, more interesting place.

We should live right naw , yet some of us don't have the courage to and regret it when we get older

You my people have said something really valuable, indeed

PendragonVMAX
Artoria
joined Sep 12, 2018

Every time someone steps up and says who they are, the world becomes a better, more interesting place.

You my people have said something really valuable, indeed

FYI this is from Brooklyn 99.

joined Apr 6, 2018

The matching clothes were so cuteeeee

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

oh man, this was really good

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

I'm going to cry

Crie
joined Mar 22, 2022

Time to ruin 69 posts

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Brought tears to my eyes!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Heh, the school couple on page 16 and 17 make me really notice how similar Nanoha and Chidori from Hana Ni Arashi are to Akko and Mari from Girl Friends cause seeing them made me think of both couples.

Even despite this callout, Nanoha and Chidori are still hiding their relationship :'(

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

"Nineteen ice" is a reference to "Seventeen Ice." They're all over Japan, and I especially love their tea ice cream!

To reply you must either login or sign up.