Forum › Users, what led to your discovery of this site?

Images
joined Dec 25, 2018

Before i really know what yuri was i was googling a place to read Tamen De Gushi and realised i hit the holy grail of media.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Written on a bathroom stall the same way I find all websites.

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

GendoIkari posted:

"Go to dynasty-scans for a good time"

joined Jun 7, 2019

GendoIkari posted:

"Go to dynasty-scans for a good time"

"dynasty-scans: GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS"

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I binged Girlfriends when I was less homosexual and felt a strange cognitive dissonance, to go along with that sweet forbidden feeling. Naturally, I went on and binged all the other yuri I could find. Which eventually leads to dynasty-scans (thank you, Yahoo Answers). Good times.

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I was looking for a list of yuri manga and found one at yuri nation, which led me to dynasty-scans. The first yuri manga I read here was Chatting at the Amber Teahouse, which was very good and fluffy.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Funny, it was either looking for a crossdresser yaoi manga (reversible because I love dicca's artwork) or it was because Hayate x Blade (before coming here, I was reading it in a escalation site that sadly stopped being active), most likely the latter.

OR it could be because I found a lot of Kagami x Konata stuff here.

Edit: It wasn't for hayate x blade apparently ! it could've been this https://dynasty-scans.com/series/tora_ni_tsubasa but I never got to see the ending, my theory is that I found yuri project and they gave a link to dynasty to read.

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 12:01AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Back when Citrus was the only yuri manga I knew about, I was searching for a place to read it. This place was Dynasty Reader, and it became by far my favourite place to read yuri manga. By the time I actually created an account on Dynasty Reader, I already discovered several other manga, one of which, Bloom Into You, still holds the position of my fav manga to this day.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Possibly either reading Blue by Nananan Kiriko and looking for more stuff by her, or watching Aoi Hana and looking for a place to read the parts the anime doesn't cover.

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 2:16AM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I was working on getting back into anime/manga in general after putting it on hold for some years, when one day I wandered across some of Minase Ruruu's stuff that was really poor quality, so I googled around to find a better version and it led me here.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Magic. Actually it was to read A Kiss and a White Lily for her Dearest Girl, but that's a mouthful to type

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

uncertain posted:

Possibly either reading Blue by Nananan Kiriko and looking for more stuff by her, or watching Aoi Hana and looking for a place to read the parts the anime doesn't cover.

Is so like you to be uncertain

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Been so long that I honestly don't remember, but it must have been something translated by Dynasty back when it still was an active scanlation group as well. Possibly Sasameki Koto.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

back at the time when I first discovered yuri I was just typing yuri in the search engine and clicking on every link like a maniac.

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

I used to follow a yuri scans community on Livejournal. After I closed my LJ account I went looking for new places to find yuri, and eventually settled in here after reading a few series.

First thing I read... hmm, I forget. I think it started with Octave, The Miko's Words, and Girlfriends though.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

After I accepted the fact that I love anime lesbians, I googled for any kind of anime with even a bit of yuri content. One thing lead to another and I ended up with a link to the Sasameki Koto manga iirc salty af because it was incomplete.
After checking out different sites for updates, I came across the site again...and I think it was down, then I stumbled across Dynasty's Twitter acc rip. I checked out a few things but wasn't loyal invested yet, still just another manga site. Geez has it really been that long?!

I think I had just finished watching the Kanamemo anime at that time....or was it Candy boy?...then....uh...I think I looked for the manga...?
I noticed there was a forum to shitpost discuss the current chapter and I said 'fuck it! Let's try this "social" thing again'. To share info with the community, to find out what I was missing, to grow as a person, and to dedicate myself to my new hobby.

And that is my backstory...what? Why did it take me this many words when I could've said "googled for lesbian pr0n lolz"? Idk, I felt an inspiration. This brings back memories from when I was still an innocent, excited child who found their passion for the first time! plz don't check my post history

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I honestly can't remember, but it was most likely linked or mentioned in a comment on Danbooru and I followed that rainbow back to this pot of gold.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

uncertain posted:

Is so like you to be uncertain

i wouldn't be so sure about that

Images
joined Dec 25, 2018

back at the time when I first discovered yuri I was just typing yuri in the search engine and clicking on every link like a maniac.

Ahh, good times

Images
joined Dec 25, 2018

Glad to see i have triggered everyones nostalgia with this thread.

Love%20live!%20allstars%20kotohanayou
joined Apr 25, 2019

I found this site from the now dead shoujoai.com forum, back when this site still active translating stuffs and doesn't has forum yet. Lurking this place for years and only join because no one else want to stitch Ouji-sama Nante Iranai pages.

Sailor%20moon%20crystal%20-%2027.mkv_snapshot_18.10_[2016.04.14_00.25.11]
joined Jul 21, 2015

iirc i was searching for a place to read any english translated kancolle or touhou yuri doujins when i stumbled upon dynasty. what a jewel of site i found in 201x

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I was on Lena.K's Yurireviews blog (It used to be my main source for Yuri content) and it had a link to one of the doujins (or oneshots, I can't remember) on here and the rest is history.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Google search for "kantai collection yuri".

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

It's kind of a long story. It started way back when I stumbled across First Love Sisters vol 1 at a physical bookstore, I snatched it up instantly. I never knew there were such things as lesbian manga. Then vol 2 never came out. Much later I discovered fan scanlations online, so I went looking for the rest of it. That led me to a manga site with a yuri section where I came across a recommendation for Girl Friends. I was hesitant at first, but by the end of the first volume, I couldn't stop. After that and Hanjuku Joshi, I finally ended up at Lililicious where I fell in love with everything they had. And that, since they split several issues with Dynasty, finally led me here. Where I've lurked ever since.

And ended up becoming motivated to become a scanlator.

To reply you must either login or sign up.