Forum › Users, what led to your discovery of this site?

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Come here for loli yuri in 2012, stay here for onee-yuri.

Givemeanaccount
Screen%20shot%202022-10-24%20at%208.03.03%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2017

Back in 2017, when I was growing an interest in yuri, I looked up a list for yuri anime to watch for beginners. One of the results was from a website called The Yuri Nation, which was entirely dedicated to yuri in anime, manga and video games. One of the parts of the website was called the Yuri Manga List, listing a large number of yuri mangas and manga series, almost all with a link attached to it. If I remember correctly, I clicked on the link for "20-Year-Old Girl x 30-Year-Old Maiden" and the link led me to Dynasty Reader. And I've been using this site for yuri ever since.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

@SF

I was on Lena.K's Yurireviews blog (It used to be my main source for Yuri content) and it had a link to one of the doujins (or oneshots, I can't remember) on here and the rest is history.

Same here

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Sasameki Koto. Watched the anime, searched for the manga on google.

Landed here.

Read almost everything.

joined Oct 18, 2010

Shoujo Sect

When Dynasty took over the scanlation.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

It all started with the web comic Go Get a Roomie actually. At some point a couple years ago I saw someone in the comments section for one of the pages mention Girl Friends so I decided to buy the first volume and give it a go. Then I proceeded to buy all of Morinaga's work that I could. Then I found Citrus and Kase-san and bought all of those. Then I found Lily Love and Pulse and fell in love with those and proceeded to buy the physical releases of them when I found out they existed. Then I started looking everwhere for more and at some point stumbled onto Dynasty. If I'm remembering correctly, I actually found Dynasty while looking for more of Takemiya Jin's work.

So yeah, Go Get a Roomie introduced me to Girl Friends, and Girl Friends basically made the whole "Yuri craze" click in my head. It's actually funny how long it took for that to happen. I loved Go Get a Roomie and Tamen de Gushi for years before getting sucked in to Yuri as a whole. Just for some reason the idea to look for more never really crossed my mind until I saw that recommendation for Girl Friends.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

After reading Fairy Idol Kanon, I was looking for information about Mera Hakamada. I read her stories w/o exploring the rest of the site. Later I was looking up Akiko Morishima & noticed this was the same site. Since then I used library computers to visit for years. This year I received a computer to work from home so I have an account now.

@ThatAroAce: I am also an ace of spades who likes romantic stories.

last edited at Jul 26, 2020 5:04AM

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Pretty sure I found out about Dynasty as an online reader for the Yuru Yuri doujin Secret Flowers. I believe I saw a link in Yuri-ism. More recently tho, when I really started to use the site as my main source for manga was when I found out about Kimi Dake no Ponytail two years ago. This would lead me to Fukakai na Boku and from there I just started browsing the site for yuri.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I lurked for like 3 years before I created an account. I think I found this place because I saw a yuri posted on imgur and decided to search for more. Bear in mind I had been bullied out of partaking in general manga and anime for about 10 years by that point, and had fairly recently exited that toxic relationship..... aaaaand had also just recently come out of the closet, so being able to not only read manga, but LESBIAN manga was like winning the lottery for me. I don't remember why I finally decided to make an account but here we are.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I was reading Citrus on facebook, and the translations there were behind compared to other manga sites. I wanted to see people discussing about it, but in these other sites there barely were/are comments and only on facebook you'd see people having full conversations about it.
Then someone in the facebook comments linked this site and said "go ask them when the new chapter is coming out"

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I have posted how I discovered the site before (just hover back to page 1), but I just wanna state for the record that I'm happy this thread is getting a bit of a revival.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

My consumption history is a mess as I jump from community to community all the time. I think I had gotten into reading webcomics and while I was searching for more webcomics with lesbian characters, yuri content also showed up and linked me to Dynasty.

Can't remember the exact first thing I read on here or what my impression of this site was. First work was probably something from Amano Shinunta. Immediate impression was probably frenetic awe as I realized there was an entire sub-genre I'd never heard of before that was all about my favorite hobby of indulging in gxg voyeurism. I did a lot of archival trawling from that point onwards.

To reply you must either login or sign up.