Flaaffytaffy
F7699078-5bc1-4a80-94cf-b4c04b8bb4a7
joined Apr 10, 2019

This was very very cute and sweet ~

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I really hope she wasn't trying to learn English from the original Romeo and Juliet. It'd be a miracle if anyone could understand her.

last edited at May 27, 2019 8:28PM

That was nice.

5078c11faafb542156639addbfc83dc4440cf9d2_hq
joined Apr 22, 2018

Uuuu my heart is filled with warmth (^﹏^) love it

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm with Delphi. I hate that story too. It's about how two angsty teenagers manage to get others killed and then die themselves over the course of 3 days, more or less. It's not romantic, it's tragic stupidity. lol

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

But so what does the title stand for?

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Fussa is an actual city in Japan. The title is just an acronym cos AMERICUH.

joined Nov 9, 2014

From what Strike Witches told me, Fuso is ancient name for Japan, so FUSO and USA.

FUSSA

lol

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

It's interesting to see american military bases brought up in a yuri manga. I don't think I've seen them brought up in any other manga or anime I know of.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

It's interesting to see american military bases brought up in a yuri manga. I don't think I've seen them brought up in any other manga or anime I know of.

As far as I know they are usually a kinda touchy subject. Aside from being particularly unnecessary after so many years, apparently there is a bad reputation surrounding the personnel. Seems there's a stigma surrounding the presence of American soldiers in the areas around, but off, base, especially with regard to comparatively boorish behavior, and even more significant or violent crime not commonly seen on Japanese soil.

Or I don't know what I'm talking about and someone will come and correct me in short order.

last edited at May 27, 2019 9:52PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

ai amu notto kurayin desu T-T I'm not crying!

last edited at May 27, 2019 10:04PM

Images
joined Dec 25, 2018

Very cute, this was wholesome.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It wasnt very clear what was being spoken in what language - you could never perfectly represent that in translation but I think it could have been made clearer with much more different fonts- like maybe English in times roman bold, Japanese in some kinda Japanese style font, and the partial in yet another slightly asian looking font - something like that?

I really liked the story though!

Smoltopbun
joined Mar 2, 2018

Y'all should play the Esperanto Yuri game

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

As far as I know they are usually a kinda touchy subject. Aside from being particularly unnecessary after so many years, apparently there is a bad reputation surrounding the personnel. Seems there's a stigma surrounding the presence of American soldiers in the areas around, but off, base, especially with regard to comparatively boorish behavior, and even more significant or violent crime not commonly seen on Japanese soil.

Or I don't know what I'm talking about and someone will come and correct me in short order.

Not necessarily correcting you, but having bases in the area has more value than just keeping those pesky Japanese in line (sarcasm). We have a lot of enemies in the region between NK and China, so having a presence there helps us support our allies, and our national interests.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Good End.
Okay.

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

Not necessarily correcting you, but having bases in the area has more value than just keeping those pesky Japanese in line (sarcasm). We have a lot of enemies in the region between NK and China, so having a presence there helps us support our allies, and our national interests.

Yeah, pretty much. If your an American strategist, bases in Japan can assist in power projection and ease the logistics of deploying into flashpoints in Korea and the West Pacific. From a Japanese strategist's perspective, the benefits are a bit more equivocal: on the one hand the presence of American bases essentially guarantees America will back you up when it comes to conflicts with rivals, if for no other reason then Chinese or North Korean attacks would be directly threatening American military personnel*, and this passing of security does mean Japan does not have to spend as much on armaments as it might otherwise. On the other hand, it does mean that if the US gets involved in a conflict with one of those countries over something that Japan otherwise has no stake in, then Japan's going to be in the firing line regardless of how it feels about the conflict because those powers have a vested interest in smashing those bases so as to reduce American ability to project military power against them.

Beyond the above strategic analysis, of course, there are the much more subjective views about American foreign policy. But whether American foreign policy is "desirable" or not is technically separate from those bases usefulness under current American foreign policy.

*One can see this theory in a similar manner during the Cold War with the West Berlin garrison and more recently with the American deployment of a brigade to the Baltic States: there is little likelihood that such small and strategically exposed forward forces could manage to be more then a speed bump, at best, against a serious Russian invasion. But then their job isn't to hold the line but to ensure that the US has a stake in the conflict via the mass spilling of blood of it's own soldiers. Obviously, the US bases in Japan aren't quite THAT vulnerable (the most we can expect are heavy air and missile strikes rather then them getting overrun by enemy ground troops) but the principle otherwise remains the same.

last edited at May 28, 2019 12:37AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Oh, aye, I understand that too. I misspoke. "Particularly unnecessary", I meant as "(viewed as) particularly unnecessary". As in, there is some underlying resentment that they are there, because of the original circumstances that made it so that they were put there. That was my bad. World politics are hard.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

From what Strike Witches told me, Fuso is ancient name for Japan, so FUSO and USA.

FUSSA

lol

Haha, I too was wondering about that. I like your explanation much better than it being an actual place. As far as I'm concerned, you've solved it! Thanks! ^.~

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This was beautiful and very emotive, and insta-fav for me.
I hope we get more yuri manga from this artist.

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

d'aaaw she came back

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

In population surveys, there is widespread popular support for the continued presence of American military bases, with numbers often around 70-80% in favor. However, that's only when you look at Japan as a whole. In Okinawa, where most American military personnel are located, there is substantial opposition, due largely to a few high-profile cases of Americans committing crimes against the local population, and other negative impacts of the bases. So it's mostly an issue of people being in favor of the American bases in general, but nobody very keen on having them in their own back yard.

joined Feb 23, 2016

This was interesting and sweet~

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Y'all should play the Esperanto Yuri game

Oh shit, I didn't realize how soon the English release was coming out! I'm so excited now!

0dbae31b163ae538beb6a331793cac8117bb9a9c_00
joined Oct 1, 2018

Short but not bad, it was quite romantic

To reply you must either login or sign up.