Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well they were blushing and acting lovey-dovey, so I don't think it's that far-fetched to react that way, especially in high-school where literally everything is drama.

Well if you put it like that...

There is a difference between stigmatization and unusual behavior. Yes, they can hold hands, but the way it is done just is very different depending on the mood. This isn't 20 years ago, people are aware that lesbians exist and are probably even curious about it. How serious they take that gossip is another matter...

I grew up in a rural area, where most people have no idea how homosexuality works. Maybe that's why this whole situation seems weird for me.

I grew up in a rural area too, and it would absolutely be given a funky look by just about anyone. But then again I grew up in a Bible Belt state, too, which doesn't help.

But then again AGAIN, I now live in one of the most liberal areas of the US and in one of the most LQTBQ+ friendly areas (the PNW) and I've still gotten the ugly glance or two when holding hands with my gf in public in the past. So the US just needs more time to grow up I guess.

Floofy Shibe
Fatvhoyx0am9qa0
joined Jan 20, 2019

I read back on ch 26 a lot because of Koguma's selfie help help help help help help help help help help help help help

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I read back on ch 26 a lot because of Koguma's selfie help help help help help help help help help help help help help

Why would you need help? I mean, re-reading a chapter from a yuri romcom is the opposite of a problem...

EDIT:
In fact, the real problem is that you didn't re-read the rest of it as well.

last edited at May 17, 2019 5:45PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Well they were blushing and acting lovey-dovey, so I don't think it's that far-fetched to react that way, especially in high-school where literally everything is drama.

Well if you put it like that...

There is a difference between stigmatization and unusual behavior. Yes, they can hold hands, but the way it is done just is very different depending on the mood. This isn't 20 years ago, people are aware that lesbians exist and are probably even curious about it. How serious they take that gossip is another matter...

I grew up in a rural area, where most people have no idea how homosexuality works. Maybe that's why this whole situation seems weird for me.

I grew up in a rural area too, and it would absolutely be given a funky look by just about anyone. But then again I grew up in a Bible Belt state, too, which doesn't help.

But then again AGAIN, I now live in one of the most liberal areas of the US and in one of the most LQTBQ+ friendly areas (the PNW) and I've still gotten the ugly glance or two when holding hands with my gf in public in the past. So the US just needs more time to grow up I guess.

In America's current political, and social climate, it's actually going backwards.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Well aren't you overgeneralizing a lot there. Unfortunate as that is for you, it's not the standard at all. Asia is a pretty big place.

Let's forget other countries, Japanese girls hold each others hands and kiss each other on the cheeks frequently. And that's just "friendship". I know we Yuri fans make that "omg handholding" jokes a lot, but it's the least homosexual thing two girls can do. Unless this whole joke is supposed to be sarcastic. Then I'm sorry for bringing this up, I just found it a little weird. Even if it's a manga that's supposed to exaggerate things.

I've been wondering about that, in the Middle East women holding hands is completely normal and no one would think you're gay. I always thought it was weird in America it's stigmatized

I don't think it is necessarily stigmatized in America. I think it depends on the crowd, your in.

This ^ tbh, though it is also kind of country related. As someone living in Belgium, handholding once reaching adolescence is extremely uncommon. The few times I did see 2 girls/women walking hand in hand, they were kissing each other as well (in a pretty gay gf kind of way). Locking arms however, I would say is common (especially between girls in younger years of adolescence, or between family members) and not at all seen as gay. I feel like holding hands is more gay than locking arms.

What does tbh stand for?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

What does tbh stand for?

Not trying to be a dick or anything, but if you'd bothered to type that exact question into Google, you'd know already.

joined Sep 1, 2017

What does tbh stand for?

Not trying to be a dick or anything, but if you'd bothered to type that exact question into Google, you'd know already.

For not trying to be a dick, you sure nailed it. I mean it was a good suggestion, but really really RUDE!

last edited at May 18, 2019 1:29AM

joined Oct 3, 2018

For not trying to be a dick, you sure nailed it. I mean it was a good suggestion, but really really RUDE!

But why don’t you just google it already?

joined Sep 1, 2017

But why don’t you just google it already?

I just didn't think of google until you suggested it, okay. Of course I immediately did google it after you so kindly reminded me. And google wasn't an dick about it, either.

Edit: tbh if you would have just answered the question, then added your snarky comment, I would have thanked you, then quietly felt stupid. However not including the answer was a total dick move.

last edited at May 18, 2019 3:47AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Did they... Walk into a bathroom cubicle? That looks like a toilet

Also adorable as always, maybe if everyone thinks you're dating you SHOULD DATE???

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Did they... Walk into a bathroom cubicle? That looks like a toilet

Also adorable as always, maybe if everyone thinks you're dating you SHOULD DATE???

They did. And I don't like where this is going.

I mean, sometimes people ship you for superficial reasons and it doesn't make sense to date because of those.
Though in this case it wasn't shipping I suppose.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I just didn't think of google until you suggested it, okay. Of course I immediately did google it after you so kindly reminded me. And google wasn't an dick about it, either.

Edit: tbh if you would have just answered the question, then added your snarky comment, I would have thanked you, then quietly felt stupid. However not including the answer was a total dick move.

If I had simply answered the question you wouldn't have looked it up on google and the neural pathway that is now forming where you simply google a question instead of asking it in a thread wouldn't have started. It wasn't a dick move, it was for your own personal growth. You're welcome.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

what an insanely stupid argument there seems to be over a simple question about an acronym.
Also, trolling or not, get over yourself, you helped no one.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

what an insanely stupid argument there seems to be over a simple question about an acronym.
Also, trolling or not, get over yourself, you helped no one.

There's been no argument, and it's likely the person would have continued to ask even more easily-Googlable questions in threads if I hadn't pointed it out. This is not the "what does this acronym stand for?" thread. There's been no trolling either, so you need to calm down.

However not including the answer was a total dick move.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ What a great way to unintentionally get me to rewatch the season 1 finale of Countryballs in Space.

EDIT:
"You give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But, if you fill the fishing hole with concrete and keep all the fish for youself..."
- a Ukrainian protester, 2123.

last edited at May 18, 2019 12:14PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

However not including the answer was a total dick move.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

That was the idea.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Well aren't you overgeneralizing a lot there. Unfortunate as that is for you, it's not the standard at all. Asia is a pretty big place.

Let's forget other countries, Japanese girls hold each others hands and kiss each other on the cheeks frequently. And that's just "friendship". I know we Yuri fans make that "omg handholding" jokes a lot, but it's the least homosexual thing two girls can do. Unless this whole joke is supposed to be sarcastic. Then I'm sorry for bringing this up, I just found it a little weird. Even if it's a manga that's supposed to exaggerate things.

I've been wondering about that, in the Middle East women holding hands is completely normal and no one would think you're gay. I always thought it was weird in America it's stigmatized

I don't think it is necessarily stigmatized in America. I think it depends on the crowd, your in.

This ^ tbh, though it is also kind of country related. As someone living in Belgium, handholding once reaching adolescence is extremely uncommon. The few times I did see 2 girls/women walking hand in hand, they were kissing each other as well (in a pretty gay gf kind of way). Locking arms however, I would say is common (especially between girls in younger years of adolescence, or between family members) and not at all seen as gay. I feel like holding hands is more gay than locking arms.

In Middle East, holding hands/hugging/kissing is completely normal between women or girls, even between men, most of our greetings includes hugging and soft kisses on the cheeks. and in rare emotional cases, on the head(but obviously never on the mouth) no one will ever cross their mind that you're gay, unless you exaggerate in doing it. however, it's all in terms of friendliness and affability. cuz, well, we're homophobic af. and it's kinda ironic even though in some states in America homosexual marriages are allowed but it's still seen weird for same-gender people to hold hands? why? maybe they feel concious of the fact that gay people exist and they don't want to be regarded as gay, maybe? idk.

That's why, I have trouble in yuri subtext, anime like K-on, Kiniro Mosaic, Love Live..etc I could never see them as yuri or even subtext. however, some works like Manaria Friends and Mahou Shoujo Site, anyone could see that they contain yuri, because of the obvious and unusual deep fond between the characters plus the cinematography focus on the looks between the characters, blushes, deep dialogue, innerthoughts..etc while in many other anime, they depict homosexuality as a fetish, when they show pointless kisses or overly sexual gay side characters.

Edit: regarding the new chapter, I believe the reason their classmates were surprised is because they didn't think those two would be getting along, and all suddenly they're holding hands in the hallway. and I think them thinking they're going out is a bit exaggerating on the author side. I don't think IRL people would think you're gay because of that, at least in japan. and then again, I guess it depends on the country and it's culture. also, I've always been curious about the norm among yuri authors that all-girls schools tend to have girls confessing to other girls and prince-like idols. I wonder if it's true IRL or it's just made-up fantasy? I guess it's the latter.

last edited at May 18, 2019 1:20PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

In Middle East, holding hands/hugging/kissing is completely normal between women or girls, even between men, most of our greetings includes hugging and soft kisses on the cheeks. and in rare emotional cases, on the head(but obviously never on the mouth) no one will ever cross their mind that you're gay, unless you exaggerate in doing it. however, it's all in terms of friendliness and affability. cuz, well, we're homophobic af. and it's kinda ironic even though in some states in America homosexual marriages are allowed but it's still seen weird for same-gender people to hold hands? why? maybe they feel concious of the fact that gay people exist and they don't want to be regarded as gay, maybe? idk.

That's why, I have trouble in yuri subtext, anime like K-on, Kiniro Mosaic, Love Live..etc I could never see them as yuri or even subtext. however, some works like Manaria Friends and Mahou Shoujo Site, anyone could see that they contain yuri, because of the obvious and unusual deep fond between the characters plus the cinematography focus on the looks between the characters, blushes, deep dialogue, innerthoughts..etc while in many other anime, they depict homosexuality as a fetish, when they show pointless kisses or overly sexual gay side characters.

Edit: regarding the new chapter, I believe the reason their classmates were surprised is because they didn't think those two would be getting along, and all suddenly they're holding hands in the hallway. and I think them thinking they're going out is a bit exaggerating on the author side. I don't think IRL people would think you're gay because of that, at least in japan. and then again, I guess it depends on the country and it's culture. also, I've always been curious about the norm among yuri authors that all-girls schools tend to have girls confessing to other girls and prince-like idols. I wonder if it's true IRL or it's just made-up fantasy?

Just an fyi same sex marriage, is legal in all 50 of our beautiful United States.

joined Sep 1, 2017

If I had simply answered the question you wouldn't have looked it up on google and the neural pathway that is now forming where you simply google a question instead of asking it in a thread wouldn't have started. It wasn't a dick move, it was for your own personal growth. You're welcome.

And I was just teaching you, how not to come off as a pompous condescending jackass, on the message boards. Your welcome.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Just an fyi same sex marriage, is legal in all 50 of our beautiful United States

oh is that so, I actually thought it was most of USA but didn't know the actual number and I didn't wanna assume but glad to know it was the whole USA lol

last edited at May 18, 2019 1:27PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Edit: regarding the new chapter, I believe the reason their classmates were surprised is because they didn't think those two would be getting along, and all suddenly they're holding hands in the hallway. and I think them thinking they're going out is a bit exaggerating on the author side. I don't think IRL people would think you're gay because of that, at least in japan. and then again, I guess it depends on the country and it's culture. also, I've always been curious about the norm among yuri authors that all-girls schools tend to have girls confessing to other girls and prince-like idols. I wonder if it's true IRL or it's just made-up fantasy? I guess it's the latter.

Like I mentioned already, the fact that they looked all lovey-dovey while doing it is the main factor here.

Statistically speaking all-girls schools have the highest rate of same sex couples. Not necessarily because there are more lesbians though. Hormone filled teenagers will jump anything when locked up in a cage together (and girls are far more likely to be bi-curious than boys). Yes that was an exaggeration.

Of course such frustration based curiosity rarely holds for long. It may be more likely for actual lesbians or bisexual girls to find their identity in such places however.

last edited at May 18, 2019 1:47PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

Just an fyi same sex marriage, is legal in all 50 of our beautiful United States

oh is that so, I actually thought it was most of USA but didn't know the actual number and I didn't wanna assume but glad to know it was the whole USA lol

We can thank Obama for it. God I want him back.

Dq96tyidseq-min%20(6)
joined Apr 29, 2019

Even though I read the raws I'm still dying in withdrawal without a daily dose of translated Hino-san after the burst of the chapters. That's weird. T-t-t-... translator-san no baaaaka! don't tease us like that......

Av
joined May 25, 2015

Like I mentioned already, the fact that they looked all lovey-dovey while doing it is the main factor here.

Not to mention they have been arriving at the classroom together quite often lately, usually with one or both of them blushing up a storm.

To reply you must either login or sign up.