Forum › Less Than Friends discussion

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Himura's friend is pretty cute.

joined Jan 26, 2019

The father is extremely cute in that apron.

Plus the info box with the untranslated father kanji.

last edited at May 9, 2019 5:00PM

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

They are hella useless.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

They are hella useless.

Yes, they are.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Being able to look so manly in a pink frilly apron, gotta admit, I love the dad.

Sweet Dangus McGee
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

the second oldest both has dreads and has darker skin than the rest of the family, I wouldn't be surprised if she's adopted. That dad's great in his cute heart apron.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

The dad xD I see the similarity :]

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Well, she totally took after her father.

Ss%20(2017-07-01%20at%2001.19.03)
joined Jan 16, 2017

So we have a former ganster/yankee father; plain but adorable mother; stylish OL or Uni student eldest sister; some weird gyaru with dreadlocks 2nd sister (what is with all this adopted talk that kind of fashion exists in Japan); presumably otaku 3rd sister and finally our other MC who seems to take after the father to form up a quite adorable and funky family.

And on the other corner we have a damn adorable looking best friend, I suppose. Is it just me or does she look a little like Kuroki?
Hope we will get to see more of the supporting characters in future chapters.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Himura, what are you? The cure for heterosexuality?

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

So we have a former ganster/yankee father; plain but adorable mother; stylish OL or Uni student eldest sister; some weird gyaru with dreadlocks 2nd sister (what is with all this adopted talk that kind of fashion exists in Japan); presumably otaku 3rd sister and finally our other MC who seems to take after the father to form up a quite adorable and funky family.

And on the other corner we have a damn adorable looking best friend, I suppose. Is it just me or does she look a little like Kuroki?
Hope we will get to see more of the supporting characters in future chapters.

I think it's more likely that her dad is a big ol' sweetheart softie. Let's not forget he makes those cute lunches. And of course it would mirror the "scary but not actually" thing his daughter has going on.
...and now I'm reminded of Toradora and I think I might need to rewatch that for the umpteenth time...

I can't quite tell if Kaoru is supposed to be the second oldest or the youngest sister. My assumption is youngest, but "older sister, 2nd sister, 3rd sister" could be read differently.

oh, and mom's got that yandere face going on.
edit: her older sister being thrown out of the room in sitting position while saying "she threw me out♥" is my favorite thing.

last edited at May 9, 2019 9:25PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

First: That Family!
Second: Seems like Himura may have been something of a ruffian, or at least a fighter, in the past. Do we have any evidence that Saeki has the violent history rumors suggest? Maybe the way they finally get together is the cute looking Himura saves the tough looking Saeki from someone looking for a fight that'll improve their rep.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

The family seems like a lot of fun.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

This is so cute imma die

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

best slowburn ive read, im excited for the next chapters of their development
(also i like that lil 'when someone talks about you, you sneeze' thingy)

joined Oct 3, 2016

That older sister is me with one of my frenemies lol

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I don't get why people think two of the sisters are adopted. Haven't you guys ever seen how genes can skip generations, or simply interact with each other in unexpected ways? I've read about how two white parents could actually have a child that is brown- or even very dark-skinned due to this. And that's before we get to the issue of genetics... or the fact that fiction is no stranger to parents whose children look nothing like them or the rest of the family.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

I fucking love this manga

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

I don't get why people think two of the sisters are adopted. Haven't you guys ever seen how genes can skip generations, or simply interact with each other in unexpected ways? I've read about how two white parents could actually have a child that is brown- or even very dark-skinned due to this. And that's before we get to the issue of genetics... or the fact that fiction is no stranger to parents whose children look nothing like them or the rest of the family.

Well said

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Well said

Well, for what it's worth I think a lot people would come to the same conclusion in reality as well. I don't think it's particularly surprising that humans often make assumptions based on appearance alone, even when they shouldn't.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Yes yes yes yes yes.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

best slowburn ive read, im excited for the next chapters of their development
(also i like that lil 'when someone talks about you, you sneeze' thingy)

Is it really a slow burn when they're already into each other from the get-go and we've only had 5 chapters with 5 pages each?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Anyone here remembers Angel Densetsu?
Kaoru reminds me of Seiichirou Kitano. She has the same problem with her looks, and we find in this chapter that she too inherited them from her father.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Good looking family 8)

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

That's possible, but that just means both options are possible and I could see some people jumping to adoption as wishful thinking. Personally speaking, I'd love to see more stories where kids are adopted and know they're adopted and it's exactly no issue what so ever. With any luck, it might get some parents to be more open about it with their adopted kids. Because, let me tell you, that whole thing goes a lot better when the kids have known they're adopted for as long as they can remember, rather than finding out about halfway through puberty and a divorce.

To reply you must either login or sign up.