Forum › All of Humanity is Yuri Except For Me discussion

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Dangit, attractor fields!

On a more serious note... Dang it! Attractor fields! If the timelines are getting closer, then the next step would be either for the yuritopia to get men back, or for "our" world to lose men. Considering someone from the infected yuritopia is probably out there in our world... The former seems more likely, We've been speculating about that for a while, but with this new chapter it seems it's the direction the story is going to take.

No, that is a huge coincidence. Yes, all possible universes exist, so there would be an infinite number of them, but the odds of randomly ending up in one, if it were random, are infinitesimal.

Depends on how the author handles dimensional jumping. Are all timelines equal, or can you target a specific world/specific qualities and have an easier time jumping to a world close to yours?
Lily seemingly not being satisfied with the possibility makes it very, very unlikely to me though.

last edited at Apr 20, 2019 12:29AM

C1147d3190ae4c0815cc862bce35952975d3857e072e7b6bef6e34b56d95dd83
joined Nov 12, 2017

geeze what kinda argument did i walk in on? i just came in here to ask if a [si-fi] tag is warranted now that it’s leaning heavily into parallel universes?

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

I thought it was another bad comedy with no scenario and only boring flirting but it's actually getting interesting.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh wow. There's actually a plot.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

You don't want to eat macaroons? Suspicious

Also I like that every time MC is like woo go home omg, Yuri gets a super dramatic panel as if it's such a huge shock to her

This isn't new Yuri, MC has wanted to go home the whole time and also she isn't single anyway just saying

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Woah. She is still watching em. I think she will end up lovking her older sister up and become a full-yandere.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

No, that is a huge coincidence. Yes, all possible universes exist, so there would be an infinite number of them, but the odds of randomly ending up in one, if it were random, are infinitesimal.

No, it's not. First of all, ending up in any other universe is equally infinitesimally likely. And secondly and more importantly, there'd be infinite universes where she indeed did end up elsewhere. We'd just look at the one relevant to this story, so this is just selection bias ^^

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

i'm wondering if Lily might know more about all this than she's let on?

I doubt it, seeing how she reacted to the initial revelation and stopped doubting her, at least for the most part, only after reading the history book and concluding it would be too much of an effort to fake it.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch4.2 pg 12 empty speech bubble, it was fixed: https://mega.nz/#F!T0BmCKxa!EHLh_jcIMGyflcCU9XSXeg

joined Feb 3, 2016

jesus, her new siscon imouto is creepy af

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Yandere imouto should get her own girlfriend.

Rsz_1screenshot_2021-08-18_at_11-24-04_the_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_fr%c3%a9d%c3%a9rica_miyamoto_shiki_ichinose_%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc_-_pixiv
joined Apr 25, 2018

I think her sister reaction is pretty reasonable. Imagine if your family member is replaced by someone (or something, depending how creepy you want to be) that's otherwise identical despite few important differences... and you don't know for sure, only suspecting it. Of course you'll be creeped out.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

No, it's not. First of all, ending up in any other universe is equally infinitesimally likely. And secondly and more importantly, there'd be infinite universes where she indeed did end up elsewhere. We'd just look at the one relevant to this story, so this is just selection bias ^^

Selection bias doesn't come into it. Yes, if there are infinite Marikas randomly jumping into infinite universes, then yes, at least some are going to have a nonzero chance of leaping into a yuriworld very similar to her own world. But we aren't looking at this as one in an infinite series, we're looking at this as a single instance, and this instance is still exceptionally coincidental and improbable among them.

While there may be infinite universes like this one, there are not an equal number of universes of infinite types. Not all infinities are equal, and of all the universes that diverge significantly from ours, only a small fraction would be likely to return and intersect. This means that statistically, the odds of ending up in a universe that diverged and reconverged is much lower than the odds of ending up in a universe that has only barely diverged or (even more likely) has diverged significantly (and much earlier)

If it were purely random, the odds of ending up in just this sort of universe, one in which everyone she knows still exists despite massive historical differences, is absurdly small. Every person in the world is just one of millions of potential people that could come out of their parents joining. If your parents had conceived you in a slightly different position, a different sperm would unite with the egg, and you would be an entirely different person on the genetic level. But here we have a universe where not only is everyone in the world almost exactly the same person as in our world, but they got that way from -different parents- utilizing an entirely different means of biological reproduction.

This is all leaving aside whether or not it is actually even physically possible for the humanity of the 1900s to happen across a means to create a way for females to interbreed in a such a fashion that doesn't so drastically effect biodiversity among humans that it is literally impossible to end up with the same people, which I thinik is an open question. Also it may not be possible for the population of that period, after a major catastrophy, to rebound into a civilization with the same population and culture that exists in our world. I mean there's a whole litany of things that might make this story literally impossible, but, I mean....it's just a story. ;p

Now you can say that the author just picked this universe to show, and sure, that could be possible, but then there's no mystery to solve, and the author would be building this dramatic tension just to pull the rug out at the last minute with "Nope, it was just random!" That would be a...unique writing choice. What the author has done in this recent chapter is deliberately call attention to how unlikely this specific universe is, which makes it unlikely that it is accidental random swap. The fact that Yuriworld's Marika was into the occult and parallel universes also makes it likely there's some design behind this swap. I mean, if you're gonna jump into another universe without some kind of guidance, there are likely way more universes where the Earth isn't even here. She'd have been better served tying a noose or jumping off a bridge if she was -that- miserable.

TL:DR version: If the swap was random, this is massively coincidental and improbable/borderline impossible, and the author seems to be indicating that there is a design to it, which they wouldn't do if massive coincidence was an acceptable narrative to them.

last edited at Apr 20, 2019 5:12PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

What is this feeling called love?
Why me, why you?
Why here, why now?
It doesn't make no sense, no
It's not convenient, no
It doesn't fit my plans, no
It's something I don't understand, oh

18e
joined Aug 16, 2017

What is this feeling called love?
Why me, why you?
Why here, why now?
It doesn't make no sense, no
It's not convenient, no
It doesn't fit my plans, no
It's something I don't understand, oh

I really like your message HAHAHAHAHA

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Aw. This is getting sadder. I just want them to be happy together. <3

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

At first, I read "this is the thing I gave you" as "this is the thing I gay you".

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

This series has grown on me a lot. That last page is so bad it's good...

last edited at Apr 28, 2019 3:38PM

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

It's rabu!

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

"What is this feeling" It's the big gay

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

At first, I read "this is the thing I gave you" as "this is the thing I gay you".

Not really wrong either. :P

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Everyday Lovely Smile.

Anyone would have a lovely smile on their face if their gf has boobs like that.

joined Jan 26, 2019

If someone I knew suddenly started acting like a completely different person, I would start wondering if I were in an Invasion of the Body Snatchers remake so the sister's reaction makes sense to me.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Girl, just realize you like her already

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

Just being the 667th post. Lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.