Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

So no April fool's joke this year? I'm kind of disappointed. Or am I missing something?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

So no April fool's joke this year? I'm kind of disappointed. Or am I missing something?

Maybe the greatest april fool's joke is no joke when one is expected...

but no, nothing this year, sorry.

Page numbering (and ordering) for Yamada to Kase-san ch05 is funky:

Page 10 (the last page of the chapter) is between pages 1 and 2.

Instead of padding with zeroes up to three digits, it seems "00" has just been added in front of every page number (apart from the "Extra").

Lol how did it survive so long without anyone reporting it. Thanks.

Based on some older suggestions, I added some new tags. They are Spanking, Non-Science Babies (not the smoothest name but probably the better between it and Parents, other name suggestions would be helpful) and Mermaid.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Maybe that sounds pointless, but what if you could search for images (and maybe manga) that don't have a certain tag type (rather than an specific tag)? Like searching Artist: None to find stuff with no tagged artist.
I was just thinking people could help the site with identifying those.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Maybe that sounds pointless, but what if you could search for images (and maybe manga) that don't have a certain tag type (rather than an specific tag)? Like searching Artist: None to find stuff with no tagged artist.

Already exists. https://dynasty-scans.com/scanlators/blank https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/blank

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Already exists. https://dynasty-scans.com/scanlators/blank https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/blank

Probably should have one for original English release for translators, or maybe a general tag

joined Mar 12, 2019

We need a way to report individuals via a direct link

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

If you mean a way to request that we upload series' which have been translated, there is! You can find it here. Or you can find it normally, here, by clicking "Upload Request":

If you're looking for a way to request series be translated, I'm afraid we can't offer such a service since dynasty is not currently active in the scanlation community!

last edited at Apr 21, 2019 11:25PM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Please make it possible to downloading an entire series in one go. I lost count of the many times that I've come across a long-running series that already had over 2-3 dozen chapters (or even more!) posted on this site by the time I discovered, and which I've liked just from the few glimpses that I've seen, but I could only download 8 chapters per day. Moreso when a single artist has multiple such series.

(I think Teacher x Student can continue as a separate tag though)

If we get Teacher, it'd probably be better to ditch Teacher x Student. Combined with School girl, School life or College, Teacher alone should get the job done more often than not.

But what if the story involves only Teacher x Teacher and Student x Student yuri, but absolutely zero Teacher x Student yuri?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

MarqFJA87 posted:

Please make it possible to downloading an entire series in one go. I lost count of the many times that I've come across a long-running series that already had over 2-3 dozen chapters (or even more!) posted on this site by the time I discovered, and which I've liked just from the few glimpses that I've seen, but I could only download 8 chapters per day. Moreso when a single artist has multiple such series.

You do realize that kinda defeats the whole purpose of the download limit, right? That limit is in place to limit the amount of bandwidth the server uses in a given day.

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

If we get Teacher, it'd probably be better to ditch Teacher x Student. Combined with School girl, School life or College, Teacher alone should get the job done more often than not.

But what if the story involves only Teacher x Teacher and Student x Student yuri, but absolutely zero Teacher x Student yuri?

I agree with this. Logically, Teacher doesn't equate Teacher x Student. Even Teacher tag and a Student or School girl tag being present in the same story shouldn't imply there is any teacher x student content - especially since people are used to it being designated by Teacher x Student.

To me, the crux of the issue is that Teacher x Student informs of a central relationship in the story, whereas Teacher should inform of only of a non-minor character who's a teacher.

If the problem is too many tags in the system, adding Teacher won't help. Removing the more useful Teacher x Student to make room is counterproductive.

If the problem is too many tags per story, you could make it a policy to limit the use of Teacher to situations where Teacher x Student is not applicable.

last edited at Apr 28, 2019 8:04AM

joined Aug 15, 2011

Pages on the reader take forever to load again or is it just me?
Feels like a throwback to the 90's tbh.

I'm on mobile btw

Pages have taken forever to load for me for years. Doesn't matter the browser or the speed of the connection. When I click for a new page it can take 20-30 seconds to load (can take longer).

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Pages have taken forever to load for me for years. Doesn't matter the browser or the speed of the connection. When I click for a new page it can take 20-30 seconds to load (can take longer).

Are there specific manga that have this issue, specific circumstances (mobile, PC), or just all pages, at all times?

joined Aug 15, 2011

Generally speaking, all pages pretty much all the time. Sometimes seems a bit better on mobile. Interestingly, it does tend to be better when logged in.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This might be 100% useless but I really want a Height gap tag.
Also, if images past a certain size would be resized like in a Booru site (a.k.a. you can alternate between the full size image and a smaller version), it'd probably be better for people with poor internet connection like me.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I agree with this. Logically, Teacher doesn't equate Teacher x Student. Even Teacher tag and a Student or School girl tag being present in the same story shouldn't imply there is any teacher x student content - especially since people are used to it being designated by Teacher x Student.

To me, the crux of the issue is that Teacher x Student informs of a central relationship in the story, whereas Teacher should inform of only of a non-minor character who's a teacher.

If the problem is too many tags in the system, adding Teacher won't help. Removing the more useful Teacher x Student to make room is counterproductive.

If the problem is too many tags per story, you could make it a policy to limit the use of Teacher to situations where Teacher x Student is not applicable.

Student x Student = School life, College. And sure, it's possible that my suggestion wouldn't work for 100% of the stories (I even specifically mentioned that it should work more often than not) , but it should work for most of them. Just having School life should work for most of the cases in which there's a non-minor teacher character who isn't involved romantically with anyone in the story (as opposed to how I imagine the tag used: a teacher who's part of a couple in the story, whoever their pair may be).

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Are there enough Manga series, one shots, or even individual chapters to have a "Thicc" or "Chubby" tag? I mean, there's a "Muscles" tag, so I don't see why not. It just seems like something people would be interested in.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Are there enough Manga series, one shots, or even individual chapters to have a "Thicc" or "Chubby" tag? I mean, there's a "Muscles" tag, so I don't see why not. It just seems like something people would be interested in.

Plump would probably be better, especially since thicc doesn't even describe thick thighs or wide waists anymore.

As for the Teacher discussion, I think Teacher could be used only when neither Teacher x Student nor Teacher x Teacher fit, or we could do something like tag implications in Booru sites where both Teacher x tags would automatically add Teacher to the tags too.

last edited at May 1, 2019 5:31PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

[...] we could do something like tag implications in Booru sites where both Teacher x tags would automatically add Teacher to the tags too.

Using 2 tags where 1 could be used would be terrible. Dynasty isn't a booru.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

How to delete duplicate images?

Because this one (https://dynasty-scans.com/images/12227) is a duplicate of this older image (https://dynasty-scans.com/images/12092)

Unnamed
joined Jan 15, 2018

This is a very long thread! So I apologize if I missed it somewhere:
But does Dynasty Scans/Reader (this website) have contact information to reach moderators at? It's crossed my mind a couple of times, I haven't noticed a contacts page/who we are/etc.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Tiatitan posted:

This is a very long thread! So I apologize if I missed it somewhere:
But does Dynasty Scans/Reader (this website) have contact information to reach moderators at? It's crossed my mind a couple of times, I haven't noticed a contacts page/who we are/etc.

IRC: Megaphone next to "Forum"
Discord: Sticky thread

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

IRC: Megaphone next to "Forum"
Discord: Sticky thread

From Megaphone: Contact Tentacles or OrangePekoe

From Discord: Contact Nezchan, drpepperfan, or OrangePekoe

You can also always e-mail me.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

As I said here:

Kinda wish anime games that introduce extra characters (Magia Record, Re Live, SIF, etc.) had their own tags so people know where the characters come from. Like how Love Live Sunshine does.

Also, nobody ever said anything about any of this:

This might be 100% useless but I really want a Height gap tag.
Also, if images past a certain size would be resized like in a Booru site (a.k.a. you can alternate between the full size image and a smaller version), it'd probably be better for people with poor internet connection like me.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

How difficult would it be to add a button that lets a user access the list of all forum posts that they've made? It's kind of a hassle to try remembering the exact URL needed to do this (not like I'll always remember which threads I've recently posted in to go there and click the link next to my post avatar), and while I could make a bookmark, for all I know you guys may one day decide to update the site in a way that changes that URL, and I wouldn't notice until the next time I click the bookmark and get an error page instead.

MarqFJA87 posted:

You do realize that kinda defeats the whole purpose of the download limit, right? That limit is in place to limit the amount of bandwidth the server uses in a given day.

How about making off-site torrents (on Nyaa.si, for example) for such bulk downloads, then?

last edited at May 10, 2019 3:14PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

How difficult would it be to add a button that lets a user access the list of all forum posts that they've made? It's kind of a hassle to try remembering the exact URL needed to do this (not like I'll always remember which threads I've recently posted in to go there and click the link next to my post avatar), and while I could make a bookmark, for all I know you guys may one day decide to update the site in a way that changes that URL, and I wouldn't notice until the next time I click the bookmark and get an error page instead.

A forum search function would be useful too.

MarqFJA87 posted:

How about making off-site torrents (on Nyaa.si, for example) for such bulk downloads, then?

I second this.

A teasing tag would be nice too.

last edited at May 10, 2019 6:36PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.