Forum › Caged Lovers discussion

joined Sep 6, 2018

I vaguely recall reading such a story here before. I think it's been done before.

I shudder at the thought of what was whispered at the end of chapter 3. Since the school is a kind of incubating prison, I can easily guess what was said.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Moaning is a real turn on, lol. I think Mio Is getting to like her as a friend, she was supportive and gentle but maybe MC is feeling something deeper, love triangle incoming?

last edited at Apr 22, 2019 6:06PM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

This is the lewdest yuri manga Chaos Team has picked up, I'm so proud!

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Well, that was claustrophobic and hard to read as always

Smoltopbun
joined Mar 2, 2018

Ahn...

So this is practical training

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

If this school exist in real life, please burn it 2 the ground.
This is Just crazy,

Also im thinking about dropping this one, because this is just sad

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

yet again the credits is a reaction for this chapter

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

Fuck this manga! Who dare to encourage human trafficking! I demand to get rip off this in-fucking-humamity like this.

last edited at Apr 24, 2019 2:38AM

Hmmm I'm not particularly happy about this story, setting or other characters but I like this main protagonist a lot. I guess it shows a good protagonist can make or break a series. I might keep reading but idk human trafficking is not a subject I enjoy reading about.

makeyurigreatagain
Funny
joined Apr 21, 2019

I actually found this pretty fun to read but I think that's just because my tastes are wired weird.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hmmm I'm not particularly happy about this story, setting or other characters but I like this main protagonist a lot. I guess it shows a good protagonist can make or break a series. I might keep reading but idk human trafficking is not a subject I enjoy reading about.

Agreed about the protagonist, and also that this is kind of disturbing, to me on a number of levels:

• The set up is not that huge a tweak on the more traditional "Finishing school for ojou-samas in arranged marriages with rich men" trope--like Marimite or Strawberry Panic! gone really really dark.

• The MC's likability is basically a take on the familiar spunky, sensible, pragmatic, can-do-despite-misfortunes-girl manga/anime protagonist bringing life and hope to the people around her, only without much actual hope so far.

• It's like real-life human trafficking given a schoolgirl-yuri overlay, but with the latter elements stripped of any suggestion of fluff.

So it doesn't allow for the distance of full-on fantasy nor give us the groundedness of realism, where the problems are realistic but so are any potential solutions.

I'm probably just rephrasing random's post here, probably not for the first time, either.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Fuck this manga! Who dare to encourage human trafficking! I deman to remove this in-fucking-humamity like this.

Isn't censorship kinda dangerous and complicated? Yeah it's disgusting, but what about the Saw movies etc.? If you censor this, then where do you draw the line?

Human trafficking is very much a real thing, and I don't think the artist means to encourage it in any way. It's disgusting, but so are many parts of 'humanity'. I don't know why the artist felt the need to make this setting and what they're trying to accomplish with it, but I'm willing to give it time.

Also, if you think this is bad, you obviously haven't seen "A serbian film" or "12 days of Sodom". This is like a walk in the park compared to those movies lol.

It's kind of dangerous to say that just because something is disgusting, that you should refrain from using it in art or entertainment in any way. It's okay, as long as you don't romanticise it and preferably do come up with some sort of criticism/something to take home/a lesson to be learned. Now, if that's going to be the case here, well, only time will tell.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 5:14PM

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

dark in a weird way. Im caught.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Disturbing as ever. I respect the right for artists to cover whatever they want but I think I'm not coming back for any more of this one. I think to die in June is about as dark as I can go. Never could handle law and order special victims unit either.

Sorry. Don't mean to be a downer

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Moaning is a real turn on, lol. I think Mio Is getting to like her as a friend, she was supportive and gentle but maybe MC is feeling something deeper, love triangle incoming?

I think the MC is going to end up with that chick we saw in the beginning (the girl who is also on the cover). I think Mio will leave the academy eventually and the MC will probably thank her for things. Plus Mio and her sister only love one another.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Manga is near the end. I think the last chapter is this month. So the story will be closed in 3 volumes.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Manga is near the end. I think the last chapter is this month. So the story will be closed in 3 volumes.

Oh are there more chapters out somewhere else?

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Is this even "dark yuri" if the "dark entity" is a man...? It feels more like dark het with some temporary yuri couples and inevitable suicide or murder of some kind, i dont trust its gonna tell a fulfilling story. I feel it was really nice translation with good editing. Everything read smoothly.

I feel that while i enjoy the "nakige" kind of genre (which is why i clicked originally since emotionally impacting stories can be really amazing sometimes), i'm tired of men being the enemies in yuri manga. My best friend is a guy and i love him a lot, bc of that i feel that it is completely possible for male characters to be written as friends to the lesbian characters and not enemies. I want to see more of that actually hahah.

I feel like my averse reaction to this whole chapter was predictable because it comes across that the first chapter was more for shock value/attention holding if anything ahah....

Bloom Into You’s MC has a guy best friend. So does the one in the manga where the girl loves her dead brother’s wife.

last edited at Apr 24, 2019 10:11PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Ahn...

So this is practical training

TBH the way I read it, because of what was said, where Chizuru's hands were, and Mio's twitchy little reaction, was that Chizuru switched roles and that little noise came from Mio.. so in the end, who's training who? Heh.

That said, this story is not my fave because of the whole premise behind it. While certainly, historically, such customs were not uncommon, that doesn't make it any less yucky.

joined Jul 26, 2016

That said, this story is not my fave because of the whole premise behind it. While certainly, historically, such customs were not uncommon, that doesn't make it any less yucky.

You're welcome to actually enumerate the supposed examples because I'm not aware of any real-world setup that worked like this one.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Thank you for your permission. I shall cherish it forever.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Thank you for your permission. I shall cherish it forever.

As opposed to actually providing examples. Which would not be a problem, if you wanted to, I am sure.

Like, someone before also went down this fantasy lane, to the point they proposed things depicted in this series will see a "comeback" in Europe, of all places, because they disliked the result of recent elections in certain countries. Could any of you actually seriously provide any examples? It would be a much better argument than mere smugness.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm not being smug, I'm being facetious. And I'm being so because people are ridiculously salty about pointless things.

I was not saying that there were historical examples of institutionalized trafficking of young girls that the entirety of society pretended didn't exist.

Instead, I meant that historically it has been documented that women were often "trained" on what to do in the bedroom--for after they were married--by other women, although I believe typically that was done for higher-ranking noblewomen by women of a lower caste.

I was speaking to that matter specifically as my previous sentence directly referenced what was going on with our protagonist and Mio.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Uranus, cut it out. Trying to provoke a debate like that isn't cool.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Instead, I meant that historically it has been documented that women were often "trained" on what to do in the bedroom--for after they were married--by other women, although I believe typically that was done for higher-ranking noblewomen by women of a lower caste.

I was speaking to that matter specifically as my previous sentence directly referenced what was going on with our protagonist and Mio.

Aha, my apologies then, I read it as a general statement on the entire concept presented in this series (though, you could have made it slightly more obvious in your original post).

And you are correct, while it was not an institutionalised procedure, chambermaids, or, more commonly, ladies-in-waiting (themselves of noble birth), would sometimes provide these "training" sessions (though not to the extent shown in this series). Also, most of it revolved not around pleasure for either party, but successful impregnation. In fact, when a couple of high enough status showed problems in having children, physicians and various other "experts" would sometimes sit in on their intercourse to see where the problem is (desperate attempts to have Carlos II of Spain produce offspring come to mind), because lack of heirs led to wars in those days.

To reply you must either login or sign up.