Forum › Giniro no Genders discussion

Img_8470
joined Sep 6, 2016

"They're all friends and sexual minorities". Girl is legit blackmailing him. There's no friendship to that. Why do they keep forcing this friendship.

last edited at Mar 31, 2019 8:49AM

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

asa seriously pisses me off. Gin was making some new friends. How could she ruin that for Gin?

last edited at Mar 31, 2019 9:28AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This is growing stupider by the chapter.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Man, this really is a Mexican soap opera. Just one situated in Japanese university campus and populated with crazy and/or morally corrupt LGBT+ characters.

It seems that NakaBitch is just about as scary as Gin's dangerous (boy)friend.

last edited at Mar 31, 2019 10:01AM

Letty
joined Oct 19, 2017

well this suddenly took a terrible direction with no hopes of ever getting back on track

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

That bitch...

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

we got a yandere "best friend" and a blackmailing "friend"
i mean everything so far was still "mehhhhhh....it's...ok...i guess" but now wow. that was straight up blackmail, threatening to ruin his whole reputation and life. holy moly

joined Jan 11, 2018

we got a yandere "best friend" and a blackmailing "friend"
i mean everything so far was still "mehhhhhh....it's...ok...i guess" but now wow. that was straight up blackmail, threatening to ruin his whole reputation and life. holy moly

And don't forget at the end it hints the next chapter we're going to get the sad backstory of this poor asshole we're supposed to care about suddenly.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

LMAO EVERYONE IS CRAZY IN THIS MANGA

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

My guess is that Asa is making Gin ask the guy out just so Asa can eliminate any potential competition to her love with Ogura, the black-haired girl, as she might thinks that Ogura is pining for the guy

last edited at Mar 31, 2019 5:21PM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Usually I take my time reading stuff, sometimes backtracking and reading dialogue a second time over, but I've been speed reading through this one each chapter mainly because I can't take it seriously. I feel bad (not really) laughing at some stuff I find hilarious, but that Chicago Bills shirt had me burst out laughing like a maniac. Like way more than it should have. I'm still laughing just remembering it. :( Help.

joined Mar 31, 2019

It's really creepy how all of this is being so casually played off by the MC. It's like the only emotion he feels is embarassment.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I'm getting a real kick out of how the series keeps hitting lower lows.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

I think this is where I stop because of how much of a joke this Manga is saying "all about gender" when they do shit like that in the latest chapters. So I'll be dropping it and if I feel like maybe I'll peek at it when it ends.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I think I have finally figured out why this one makes me so mad. It's because it's trying to be so "inclusive" of "societal minorities" that it's on the brink of being ridiculous; and because of this approach, it is making literally every LGTBQ person that it portrays have some sort of obvious mental flaw. I am no fan of having my community being portrayed as one big mental illness.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

RuneHex posted:

that was straight up blackmail, threatening to ruin his whole reputation and life. holy moly

I'm not sure if people forgot about it or didn't realize it, but she already blackmailed him in chapter 3. In fact from the very beginning entire premise was based on blackmail. So I don't understand why people still took it seriously and why only now think it got shitty "because Asa is a dick". She was always a dick.

last edited at Mar 31, 2019 5:05PM

joined Mar 27, 2019

I think I have finally figured out why this one makes me so mad. It's because it's trying to be so "inclusive" of "societal minorities" that it's on the brink of being ridiculous; and because of this approach, it is making literally every LGTBQ person that it portrays have some sort of obvious mental flaw. I am no fan of having my community being portrayed as one big mental illness.

But if they were straight people then it would be okay? The idea that you can't these types of people as anything other than Mary Sues is dumb.

last edited at Mar 31, 2019 5:07PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

But if they were straight people then it would be okay? The idea that you can't these types of people as anything other than Mary Sues is dumb.

Given that being heterosexual hasn't been considered a mental illness and treated with everything from electroshock to mandatory sterilization, while being homosexual actually has, it's a valid sore spot. To say nothing of trans people and others frequently being called mentally ill and not just by edgelords although lord knows there's enough of them.

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

this manga is a ghoulish fucking nightmare why am I still reading it

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I see this story has continued down the same path it started. I decided to skim another chapter or two thanks to the yuri tag getting added. To each their own. This isn't for me.

As for trans people being mentally ill it is simple fact at this point since gender dysphoria is listed in the DSM 5 aka the book that contains the world's consensus on the diagnostic criteria for mental illness. It is literally the book that defines what is and is not a mental illness.

People who have a problem with that should take a good hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if they have some sort of prejudice towards the mentally ill. People who are mentally ill should not be looked down upon or thought as less than those who do not suffer from such illnesses.

last edited at Mar 31, 2019 7:49PM

Img_8470
joined Sep 6, 2016

Usually I take my time reading stuff, sometimes backtracking and reading dialogue a second time over, but I've been speed reading through this one each chapter mainly because I can't take it seriously. I feel bad (not really) laughing at some stuff I find hilarious, but that Chicago Bills shirt had me burst out laughing like a maniac. Like way more than it should have. I'm still laughing just remembering it. :( Help.

It is pretty funny

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I see this story has continued down the same path it started. I decided to skim another chapter or two thanks to the yuri tag getting added. To each their own. This isn't for me.

As for trans people being mentally ill it is simple fact at this point since gender dysphoria is listed in the DSM 5 aka the book that contains the world's consensus on the diagnostic criteria for mental illness. It is literally the book that defines what is and is not a mental illness.

It is literally the same book that defined homosexuality as a mental illness in earlier editions. It is fallable.

Aside from which, being trans is not presently defined as a mental illness even in the DSM, the discomfort of dysphoria is the issue dealt with there. And that, in part, is because in many places you can't get treatment paid for by insurance unless you have a diagnosis to bill it under.

Not to mention* trans people are constantly barraged by messages from many directions who aren't medical professionals calling being trans (plus other gender variance) itself a mental illness as a way to belittle or invalidate their experience, so you can kinda see why there'd be a wee bit of resistance to seeing that carry over into fiction.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

It is literally the same book that defined homosexuality as a mental illness in earlier editions. It is fallable.

Aside from which, being trans is not presently defined as a mental illness even in the DSM, the discomfort of dysphoria is the issue dealt with there. And that, in part, is because in many places you can't get treatment paid for by insurance unless you have a diagnosis to bill it under.

Not to mention* trans people are constantly barraged by messages from many directions who aren't medical professionals calling being trans (plus other gender variance) itself a mental illness as a way to belittle or invalidate their experience, so you can kinda see why there'd be a wee bit of resistance to seeing that carry over into fiction.

There in lies the problem I speak of, that calling somebody mentally is seen by most as a way to belittle or invalidate their experience or them as people.

last edited at Apr 3, 2019 6:12AM

Normal people don't act like this lol. I have to wonder what the author was going for in this story.

Icon
joined May 24, 2017

“They’re all ♡ friends ♡ and sexual ♡ minorities”
Lol yeah right.

To reply you must either login or sign up.