Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yes Anq will no longer work on this but a new (I think is just one person) group took it and also took Rock it, girl! And it's dedicated so far so I'm happy

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Gorion posted:

As I said on the last page, there are 3 new chapters out, done by the no group. You can find them on a widely popular site that ends with an x.

That's strange. It seems Mangadex's following system is broken or something. My notifications there haven't updated since the last update by _anq (there's not many series I even follow there) so I missed those myself.

joined Mar 12, 2019

I think someone said this wasn't yuri, can someone either confirm or deny?

Yes, this is shoujo-ai or yuri. The high schooler is definitely in love with her brother’s wife. But she still doesn’t seem sure why she cares about her so much, and why she feels sad if she sees her talking to men and get insecure when she imagines them apart. Neither she nor the wife have had romantic moments as of yet or realized their feelings, since this is a somewhat realistic and incredibly slow paced story.

It seems like to me that Nozomi still hasn’t gotten over her brother, so my feelings are that, the romance will not happen anytime soon. These two clearly have not gotten over his death at all, and they are going to need to overcome this obstacle in order to even think about a possibility of romance.

last edited at Mar 27, 2019 2:33AM

BeehivesandCherries
joined Mar 27, 2019

Wow, for someone who’s done a ton of raunchy works in the past, this work is surprisingly very mild (as of yet lmao). This work is quite realistic, and somewhat touching because every character is well written. But it’s slow, in which there hasn’t been any romantic development yet. I think in a recent chapter, Nozomi’s tan friend does suss’ a little about what’s going on in the MC’s head, but the MC herself has not confirmed her feelings are those of love yet. And Nozomi is not over the bro yet. I love that the story is slow, because it proves how much Nozomi loved that guy. The MC and Nozomi both just lost a wonderful person and the manga does its best to show what a good person he was, and to what degree he’s affected everyone around him. There’s also surprisingly a good amount of character depth and development to each character, even the friends and side characters. I am amazed at how the mangaka evolved into a great writer. Looking forward to the next chapters ^_^

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

primalyossi posted:

I think someone said this wasn't yuri, can someone either confirm or deny?

Yes, this is shoujo-ai or yuri.

I see you wholeheartedly ignored people's warning that shoujo-ai doesn't exist.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Lots of pages still use the distinction. aniDB, mangadex, who knows what else. Personally I'd just get rid of both and tag stuff with lesbian. Really no point in using some type of Japanese terminology to avoid making it sound gay these days (or whatever else the point is...).

Either way, despite what I said in my last post, it's not like anything for this story is confirmed. So if you absolutely definitely only exclusively want to read a lesbian romance manga you have to wait a while longer - we don't yet whether that's where this is going.

last edited at Mar 27, 2019 7:33AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The way that tags function as both come-ons and warnings (to say nothing of jokes) makes it tough to please everybody no matter how you do it.

The “I came for the _____, and that’s not blank!” people tend to be locked in perpetual warfare with the, “Nobody said there was ______! I was triggered by the _____!” contingent.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Chapter up to 57 are out. Is it no longer being uploaded here...? :(

MiskaRose-san
C5644df4-6640-46e8-a85c-f7d23678316d
joined Nov 11, 2018

This need yuri... i want Shino made Nozomi happy n as lovers... i dnt want them lonely:(

MiskaRose-san
C5644df4-6640-46e8-a85c-f7d23678316d
joined Nov 11, 2018

Moreeeeee

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You can find moreeeeee episodes in mangadex, a new group is working on them.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The person working on this manga is gonna start working soon, she just uploaded chapter 62 but from that point onward all future releases will be translation only in the facebook page so you can understand the RAWs, if there's an editor interesting in the project you could give a hand https://mangadex.org/group/7955/0mniessence

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m of two minds about this on the Dynasty site. Don’t get me wrong—it’s one of my favorite series going, I read every new chapter with great pleasure, and in the abstract, I’d love to see one of my favorite series on my favorite site.

But, as has been extensively discussed here, it’s not clear what the actual endgame is going to be, and while I have enough confidence in the writing to assume that I’d be OK however it turns out, I would prefer to live without the aggrieved commentary that would inevitably accompany any non-full-yuri outcome to the story.

(To be sure, Shino is, IMO, gay as fuck, but at this point whether she ends up with Nozomi is no clearer now than it ever was).

Nevertheless, a series that gives me the warm fuzzies whenever I read it.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The gay level rise up with the last chapter Minato have heavily implie she is gay for Shino by rejecting every love confession she had and don't want a BF until Shino get one. Also Koizumi seem to have the gay for Minato possibly

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The gay level rise up with the last chapter Minato have heavily implie she is gay for Shino by rejecting every love confession she had and don't want a BF until Shino get one. Also Koizumi seem to have the gay for Minato possibly

Yeah, Minato’s like, “I’ll just wait here until you realize you’re gay as fuck.” And Koizumi’s, “I hate you, oblivious clam-jamming senpai!”

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's so great, is worth re-reading the whole manga 5 times at least

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

And that's just what I'm gonna have to do because I remember nothing of Minato and Shino's interactions through the story.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

At this point it is annoying. 50% of the characters are into one of the protagonists or it is teased at some point.

The gaylord flirting between the two main characters is plain dumb.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

At this point it is annoying. 50% of the characters are into one of the protagonists or it is teased at some point.

The gaylord flirting between the two main characters is plain dumb.

I’m sorry it’s striking your emotions that way, because the series is giving me a lot of pleasure.

I think the relationship between the MCs is totally explicable—both of them find themselves basically alone, with only distant and rather problematic relatives in the picture, and for both their emotions toward each other are tangled up with their grief and other feelings toward the dead brother. It’s no wonder they cling to each other.

Far more convincing than My Unrequited Love at any rate.

joined Jul 26, 2016

That's not putting the bar very high is it. :U

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

I’m sorry it’s striking your emotions that way, because the series is giving me a lot of pleasure.

I think the relationship between the MCs is totally explicable—both of them find themselves basically alone, with only distant and rather problematic relatives in the picture, and for both their emotions toward each other are tangled up with their grief and other feelings toward the dead brother. It’s no wonder they cling to each other.

Don't take it the wrong way. I love this series, it is just that I find both of it annoying.

For example the art is leaps and bounds better than anything else this author has ever done and it is quite pleasant how it evolved from sloppy to real nice.

And c'mon. Just comparing both of them is an insult to this manga.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Don't take it the wrong way. I love this series, it is just that I find both of it annoying.

For example the art is leaps and bounds better than anything else this author has ever done and it is quite pleasant how it evolved from sloppy to real nice.

And c'mon. Just comparing both of them is an insult to this manga.

Ah, I’m curious then about what is particularly “annoying” to you?

(And absolutely, the comparison with MUL is beyond a loaded one, but the many parallels between the two series also make it a natural one.)

The puzzling thing to me are the covers and spot illos that scream “Blazing Yuri Action—The Way You Like It!” when the story itself has been holding a yuri endgame (between the MCs, anyway) at arm’s length for quite some time.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blastaar posted:

(And absolutely, the comparison with MUL is beyond a loaded one, but the many parallels between the two series also make it a natural one.)

I mean. The sole reason this manga got upload her was because someone in MUL thread mentioned it as a better manga with similar concept and made people interested in checking it, so I think it's natural it would be brought up here.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Blastaar posted:

I mean. The sole reason this manga got upload her was because someone in MUL thread mentioned it as a better manga with similar concept and made people interested in checking it, so I think it's natural it would be brought up here.

The benefit of Brother's Wife is that the brother is dead here so we don't have to deal with some strange triangle.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Ah, I’m curious then about what is particularly “annoying” to you?

I don't really like this "black hole" kind of manga. I know they're the main characters for a reason but tying the rest of the characters to them and having no other purpose than contribute to their development leaving them behind in the backburner is kind of enervating.

It's been 63 chapters and there are characters introduced as "OMGVERRYVERRYRELEVANT" that have done nothing but having a couple talks with the main characters.

As for the gaylord flirting I just can't stand obliviousness and how it is fanservice more than anything else.

The benefit of Brother's Wife is that the brother is dead here so we don't have to deal with some strange triangle.

Woah! Harsh!

last edited at Aug 16, 2019 4:52PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.