Forum › Roid discussion

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

You all are expecting too much of a 10-chapter manga, as good as it is, but there is some very nice mutual jealousy indeed. But it's definitely more SF than yuri, reminded me a lot of Atom The Beginning.

Neat, so we really are getting a proper sci fi story? That's cool.

I'm a bit surprised that a real science fiction story is getting uploaded here on Dynasty. They don't seem to like those sorts of stories as much here and they are quite rare.

I tried to suggest they upload Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō to this site, but it was apparently a no go. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō is a lot like Girl's Last Tour in tone and setting. It's an end of the world science fiction, slice of life, iyashikei story with some yuri spice to help flavor the mix. It's a beautiful, award winning manga, but I guess it didn't meet the standards of what the admins are looking for.

I'm always happy to see more manga uploaded here that aren't just yuri romances, but rather stories from other genre where yuri elements are still present but the story doesn't necessarily revolve around it entirely. I would love to see more science fiction and fantasy stuff like this or Qualia the Purple.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... girl says she realizes that wheelchair girl wants to be hero, gets conveniently abducted the moment after? I kinda expected that she orchestrated it deliberately, but it doesn't look that way.

joined Nov 7, 2017

Did anyone else notice that arm in one of the panels?

Was that just one of the robot's limbs? Or was someone else around?

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

That arm confused me to no end but it was probably just one of Mamoru's limbs, since it never came up afterwards. Yui can procure prosthetic parts rather easily, so they probably used some of those for Reina's robot as well.

Neat, so we really are getting a proper sci fi story? That's cool.

Not a super original one, but a neat one with a bit of shounen-like spice.

I tried to suggest they upload Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō to this site, but it was apparently a no go.

That's a shame, I thought it was pretty gay. But at least it's so popular that you can read it anywhere anyway. Roid is a Yuri Hime title so that's why it must've been accepted.

The world always needs more SF yuri.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 7:58AM

Untitled-1
joined Feb 12, 2018

this is really good and interesting

I hope the translator will not going to abandon this one

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

I don't have much time unfortunately so I was hoping to grab some group's interest and disappear into the shadows, but if nobody takes over then I may continue at an extremely glacial pace, I do like this manga a lot.

It's certainly a little motivating that unlike another manga that I spent a lot of time on (and has two more volumes translated past the latest released chapter but the group is basically now in cryo-sleep) this one seems to be received much better straight from the get-go.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 8:43AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Artemiy posted:

It's certainly a little motivating that unlike another manga that I spent a lot of time on

Which manga is it?

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Stella no Mahou

joined Jan 21, 2015

^ Is it a matter of people being too busy IRL, or would another pair of hands help? I have some (minor) cleaning/typesetting skills and can learn to suck less if needed. That manga is a favorite of mine and I'd love to see more of it translated.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

^ Is it a matter of people being too busy IRL, or would another pair of hands help?

It's hard to say, but one of the guys does seem to be busy IRL and another switched to a different manga now since there's not much to do with the other guy being busy. I'll try to check with them how we should proceed, if at all. I don't have much time to do volume 7 right now, but there are still two volumes worth of content (well, 5 is short, but still) to release, and if they're otherwise busy for the foreseeable future it may certainly be a good idea to get help.

joined Jan 21, 2015

All right, thanks for the reply. I have some time on my hands, so let me know in the series' thread if you need anything.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I was mostly just making a terminator joke, although I do see there being a rich seedbed for jealousy to bloom its ugly head in that the copy and the original are the same person except the original is left crippled in her wheel chair while the other version of her gets a beautiful fully functional body to live in. It would be like having two versions of yourself where one version gets to live a much better life than the other. It is only natural that you would begin to envy the version of yourself that can walk, dance and run like you've been wanting for all the years since your legs were smashed.

The copy would feel the exact same way about your accomplishments, your friends and your life that you do because in essence your life is its life. The only problem is there is only one you shaped hole in the world that you perfectly fill and now there are two people who feel that spot belongs to them and it is their job to continue filling it. Which version of you inherits your job for instance or better yet your lover? It's going to suck competing for these sorts of things against an exact copy of yourself that has been given a functioning body where yours remains broken.

And this is why most legislations in GURPS Transhuman Space have criminalized having multiple copies of a single digitalised personality active simultaneously. Well, one of many good reasons.

On the other end of the spectrum, Eclipse Phase has people doing that fairly regularly.

Sun%20jin%20for%20dynasty%20scans
joined Aug 31, 2013

... girl says she realizes that wheelchair girl wants to be hero, gets conveniently abducted the moment after? I kinda expected that she orchestrated it deliberately, but it doesn't look that way.<

I'd like to think that the chimera robot heard them and found a way it could be usefull afterall. It's why it kept saying "Please wait a moment" (for your hero to arive)

joined Jan 26, 2019

As long as this doesn't go to some weird self-cest area, I am on board with a not very original scifi story with female protagonists

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

I would have actually loved some weird self-cest, Yoshitomi Akihito's Tomorrow's Me and Koume Keito's Kagami no Wakusei are among my favorite oneshots, but don't worry, it doesn't go there at all.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 5:29PM

joined Sep 28, 2017

By the title I expected a muscles tag or at least a drugs one

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

As a writer this has become something I've been writing more of lately.

Because there wasn't nearly enough for me out there as a reader (though I'm always open for more).

That and more action/adventure yuri would be awesome. (and if anyone has suggestions I'm totally up for the reads)

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Because there wasn't nearly enough for me out there as a reader (though I'm always open for more).

That and more action/adventure yuri would be awesome. (and if anyone has suggestions I'm totally up for the reads)

There is "Mnemosyne" which is a gritty, action packed yuri manga, but be warned that's a pretty intense and dark story.

On here we have "Qualia the Purple" which is an interesting science fiction read with solid yuri elements .

"Gakkougurashi!" is pretty cool science fiction manga. Although I can't say its really yuri beyond maybe a hint of subtext, it does have all female leads. I would say more about it but it's best read cold without knowing anything about the story going into it.

"Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou" is a beautiful award winning science fiction manga with a female lead and it involves a light yuri romance side plot.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

I find this concept a bit strange. They can create a robot with complex AI, transfer consciousness and can’t design artificial legs for that girl that she can run without big troubles? It’s possible even now for some extent, so it’s weak sci-fi foundation. I like the art tho.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

It bothered me as well and it's sort of addressed later on.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

There is "Mnemosyne" which is a gritty, action packed yuri manga, but be warned that's a pretty intense and dark story.

On here we have "Qualia the Purple" which is an interesting science fiction read with solid yuri elements .

"Gakkougurashi!" is pretty cool science fiction manga. Although I can't say its really yuri beyond maybe a hint of subtext, it does have all female leads. I would say more about it but it's best read cold without knowing anything about the story going into it.

"Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou" is a beautiful award winning science fiction manga with a female lead and it involves a light yuri romance side plot.

I'll second that YKK recommendation- it's absolutely gorgeous and by far my favorite manga of all time, as some might have guessed by my avatar. I could rant about how much I love it for ages, but really it's best to just experience for yourself. It's fantastic. The OVAs are great but best saved for after reading the manga, but be sure to give the soundtracks a listen while you're doing so. You might recognize the extremely cozy music of Choro Club if you've seen ARIA.

Also check out Transistor Venus, which is essentially a lighthearted lesbian version of James Bond but in space. It doesn't take itself very seriously, but it's a fun ride and the artstyle has a nice retro charm to it.

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 4:24AM

joined Sep 28, 2017

Also check out Transistor Venus, which is essentially a lighthearted lesbian version of James Bond but in space. It doesn't take itself very seriously, but it's a fun ride and the artstyle has a nice retro charm to it.

Yeah but you should warn them that is not yuri as is. I was very disappointed about Transistor because of the wrongful tags. Is not yuri because the MC has a MALE love interest and even when she have sex with women just do that as a way to kill time. She is totally head over feet with a man. I don't really know how it ended since I dropped like at the first chapters and read the final one very quickly without paying too much attention

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This looks interesting.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Check out Murcielago. It's your basic ex-killer working for the police to catch killers, except the lead is a psychotic lesbian. At one point she saves a little girl just because she thinks her single mother is hot, and she ends up sleeping wiwth her in one of the bonus chapters. It's really gory and sometimes quite disturbing, but it also has some damn funny and hard hitting jokes, as well as insane amounts of over-the-top action (cars driving up buildings and the like) It's got great fanservice and fun characters. It also helps that the art is absolutely phenomenal. It's the only manga that I actually buy all the chapters of as they come out, partially because it's not being fan translated or uploaded anymore, but also because it desperately needs an animated adaptation of some kind.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Yeah but you should warn them that is not yuri as is. I was very disappointed about Transistor because of the wrongful tags. Is not yuri because the MC has a MALE love interest and even when she have sex with women just do that as a way to kill time. She is totally head over feet with a man. I don't really know how it ended since I dropped like at the first chapters and read the final one very quickly without paying too much attention

Eh, it's pretty minor and one-sided, and she ends up more or less settling down with a lady.

To reply you must either login or sign up.