Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Oh, the new girl is actually nice. At first I thought she might be scheming and stuff.

279d8674451d13234d06a7cba9e4f7e111
joined Jan 13, 2016

Aw, new girl is really sweet and kind. Curious to see how this will turn out

last edited at Mar 23, 2019 3:36AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/useless_princesses_ch11#23

That face when you realise you're in a love triangle

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

well im rooting for the new girl #childhoodfriendteam

joined Nov 27, 2017

Ugh fucking whyyyyyyy. I really liked this series and now it's pulling some egregious love triangle shit. Like, at least childhood-friend-chan is a likeable character so it's not as unnecessarily dramatic as it could be...

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

flips a table These princesses really are useless!!!! (Chapter 11) Jealousy just gets in the way of love and it is useless!!!!

Whhhy? Right when she was about to figure it out. Son of a b...

last edited at Mar 23, 2019 4:41AM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Well, I don't see a love triangle yet. New girl just grateful and sharing same hobby, it's not like she want to go out with Kurokawa. Fujishiro needs to improve herself again, get over with jealousy and make things clear.

last edited at Mar 23, 2019 4:46AM

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

Still don´t like it. To much crying for no reasons.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

This is even more over dramatic than Girlfriends

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Stupid drama.

It's not even a love triangle, as Iro isn't romantically in love with Kuro for all we know.

It's just Fujishiro being possessive and wanting to be special.

This is so predictable, it hurts.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Blech...

Yeah I'm not a fan of this direction. Thank GAWD it's not necessarily a cliche love triangle (that would completely put me off) but damn if it just doesn't sit well with me. It feels so unnecessary.

I really hope I'm proven wrong.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Oh damn this turned dark... i love it..

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Oh she's into Kurokawa. That's different than what I expected. Still interesting though.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It`s not that she is especially jealous of Iro-chan, but rather that she had a misconception of what Kurokawa was to her. Kurokawa was Fujishiro's savior, but to Kurokawa helping a person in need is not special. That disconnect is tough to stomach for someone who was always hung up on being special. Fujishiro abandoned her old posse and doesn't care about impressing anyone anymore... except Kurokawa. Wanting to be special to everyone has condensed to be special to one person, but if that person does not feel that way, how is she going to cope?

Love triangle or not, it's good to challenge these two who prospered in isolation with the terrors of inclusion lol

last edited at Mar 23, 2019 7:35AM

the self deprecation begins

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

This isn’t the direction I thought this would go, so I’m pleasantly surprised. I doubt we’re getting another twirling mustache Matsuri arc

joined Oct 10, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/useless_princesses_ch11#15

Yay!

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/useless_princesses_ch11#21

Learn this, Nanaki, and give up. Come back to your old self.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/useless_princesses_ch11#25

I have a feeling that Nanaki'a pseudo love for Kanade is sort of like "Oh they don't love me? I'll show them that anyone can love me, but I don't have to love them!". Sort of nose pschtick.

last edited at Mar 23, 2019 8:45AM

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Y E S, some love for Kuro

Steam-community-screenshot-dream-team-demon,-witch-
joined Nov 15, 2016

Damnit... It's going through the same stereotypical trope... I was hoping it wouldn't.
Main protagonist makes a friend at the school she's in then slowly starts to show a love interest then out of nowhere a transfer student shows up claiming to be a childhood friend it just makes things more difficult then at the end she's going to have to choose between either one of them yadda yadda yadda
This is an annoying love story trope

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

It`s not that she is especially jealous of Iro-chan, but rather that she had a misconception of what Kurokawa was to her. Kurokawa was Fujishiro's savior, but to Kurokawa helping a person in need is not special. That disconnect is tough to stomach for someone who was always hung up on being special. Fujishiro abandoned her old posse and doesn't care about impressing anyone anymore... except Kurokawa. Wanting to be special to everyone has condensed to be special to one person, but if that person does not feel that way, how is she going to cope?

Love triangle or not, it's good to challenge these two who prospered in isolation with the terrors of inclusion lol

I would say it's hardly a love triangle? Regardless, the story seems to be putting down hurdles for Fujishiro and Kurokawa to overcome, like an arc for character development.

Fujishiro is likely going to distant herself while Kurokawa will be left to wonder why?? They need to confront each other to know what's the problem and
boom!
character and relationship development.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I would say it's hardly a love triangle? Regardless, the story seems to be putting down hurdles for Fujishiro and Kurokawa to overcome, like an arc for character development.

Fujishiro is likely going to distant herself while Kurokawa will be left to wonder why?? They need to confront each other to know what's the problem and
boom!

Some people here claim it will inevitably become a love triangle, so I was saying regardless of whether that actually happens, this is a good way to develope their characters and relationships. You basically have the same idea as me.

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

boom!

Some people here claim it will inevitably become a love triangle, so I was saying regardless of whether that actually happens, this is a good way to develope their characters and relationships. You basically have the same idea as me.

I don't think this is really a love triangle either, I actually like love triangles, when they're well written and unpredictable.

But I must say I also don't think this is good character development. The "sudden transfer student" who happens to be the perfect fit to move the plot forward always feels like lazy writing to me. The chapter was basically a series of convenient events meant to bring up the precise points about Iro that could stir up Fujishiro's insecurities. There was nothing organic about that, it's way more interesting when the jealousy is caused by a character we're invested on or have opinions about rather than a Plot Point-san.

last edited at Mar 23, 2019 10:08AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Wanting to be special to everyone has condensed to be special to one person, but if that person does not feel that way, how is she going to cope?

Anyone who has ever been friends with a truly charismatic person has probably felt a little bit of this. A person like that can make you feel like you have all of their attention and that you’re in a special relationship with them, and then at some point you realize that they make everybody they know feel that way.

It’s a hard kind of emotion to own (as compared to, say, jealousy in a romantic relationship), because it’s so patently unreasonable.

Of course, I’m not saying that the introverted wallflower Kurokawa is being depicted as exceptionally charismatic, just that for Fujishiro the emotional dynamic is similar.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Forced AF

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Blastaar posted:

Of course, I’m not saying that the introverted wallflower Kurokawa is being depicted as exceptionally charismatic, just that for Fujishiro the emotional dynamic is similar.

It's completely possible for someone to be charismatic while being introverted. It's just not nearly as noticeable because introverts are so quiet. Charisma is simply force of personality, not extroversion. You can argue that Kurokawa doesn't have a strong force of personality, although I would personally argue that the reason she doesn't seem like she has a strong force of personality is simply because her values are different from most peoples'.

To reply you must either login or sign up.