Forum › Caged Lovers discussion

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

hanako's face in the credits is my reaction for this chapter

joined Oct 16, 2016

what thwx slck
Well this is a sole reason why Class S was created and japanese all-girl schools.
To raise and basically sell girls to male buyer who can offer more money for that girl to her family or the institution that raised her, so buying her like a slave and giving her better life till the guy won't be bored with her and will then buy another girl.
Add a bit of yuri fanservice and show girls have feelings for another and you have a drama feasted "yuri" work.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, in the next chapters, we learn that she's been killed by her "owner" no? Tsk... depressing indeed...

joined Jan 26, 2019

I am in the mood for something depressing

So does this end properly or nicely gets cutoff?

Maxresdefault%20(1)
joined Jul 27, 2018

shouldnt this be reported to the UN and get Japan sanctioned?

Great idea

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 1:02PM

Maxresdefault%20(1)
joined Jul 27, 2018

This whole idea of this manga is fucking disgusting, it's like a rotting pile of garbage, festering with maggots, one read of this shit will give you aids. I bet the sales in japan are so low because no one's reading this. I'll have to remember to not click on this trash next time.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 1:14PM

joined Jan 9, 2019

hanako's face in the credits is my reaction for this chapter

Same

Reimari2%20-%20crop
joined Sep 7, 2016

I kinda understand why Elon laughed at a dead deer.
This series amuses me in a similiar way.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I really want to enroll in this school so I can smash the teachers heads against a desk and call the police.

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

This is miserable and I adore it.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

This is a pile of poop, but I still want to continue reading just for the sake of reading Japan's most hated yuri manga.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 7:54PM

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

This is a pile of poop, but I still want to continue reading just for the sake of reading Japan's most hated yuri manga.

Is it really the most hated yuri manga? Cause it's on going with more than 10 chapters. Why isn't it cancelled then?

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 9:36PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Okay I finally realized why this manga really doesn't work for me
It's all about the failure of a setting
This story could work so much better if it was set in either some medieval fantasy world or some abhorrent post apocalyptic/scifi world
Instead it is set in yet another high school like every garden variety yuri
That's what really doesn't work because when you see a modern looking boarding school you give it an modern reasoning like why can't they just refuse? Or, why hasn't this become some kind of international incident?
If it was set in a different time period than we are used to than we wouldn't so readily attach an modern way of thinking

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

If you inject some serious drama into Sonohana then you probably gonna get this.

I don't know why this seems so accurate and hard to refute despite how different SonoHana is from this...

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Okay I finally realized why this manga really doesn't work for me
It's all about the failure of a setting
This story could work so much better if it was set in either some medieval fantasy world or some abhorrent post apocalyptic/scifi world
Instead it is set in yet another high school like every garden variety yuri
That's what really doesn't work because when you see a modern looking boarding school you give it an modern reasoning like why can't they just refuse? Or, why hasn't this become some kind of international incident?
If it was set in a different time period than we are used to than we wouldn't so readily attach an modern way of thinking

Is it really a failure of a setting tho? Sure, a medieval setting would be much more believable, but an "everyday all girl school" with such a plotpoint sure as hell comes off as much more unsettling in my opinion. I think creating a very natural setting and adding an unnatural, disturbing element makes for a pretty good place for a story like this to take place in.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

But it needs to be added in believably. I'm not even saying it has to be realistic - it just needs to be credible. We do know human trafficking exists. We do know modern slavery exists. We do know there's a lot of messed up crimes happening even in our "safe", modern countries, whether it's sex slavery or conversion camps or child abuse rings or whatever. So it's not so outrageous that it couldn't at all have been done, but you need to give us something that'll make us go "oh, so that's why it really works".

For example, in Jody Klaire's Above and Beyond novel series there's also a school like this. And while I personally also didn't find it quite believable, it takes more care to explain how people the kids are isolated with no way out, how it can operate due to corruption or blatantly looking away and so on.

But here I'm still only getting a vibe of ... that the author wanted a tragic lesbian romance (but only lesbian because of the circumstances, really) thing and thus casually invented this system but neither thought it through nor really cares about it.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Well if she sees her sister again, guarantee she ain't going to be the same person. Dunno why I keep reading this.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

So even bottom of the barrel neglectful/abusive dad knew the reason for the schools existence? So what, do they just actively advertise the reason for the schools existence?

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

But it needs to be added in believably. I'm not even saying it has to be realistic - it just needs to be credible. We do know human trafficking exists. We do know modern slavery exists. We do know there's a lot of messed up crimes happening even in our "safe", modern countries, whether it's sex slavery or conversion camps or child abuse rings or whatever. So it's not so outrageous that it couldn't at all have been done, but you need to give us something that'll make us go "oh, so that's why it really works".

For example, in Jody Klaire's Above and Beyond novel series there's also a school like this. And while I personally also didn't find it quite believable, it takes more care to explain how people the kids are isolated with no way out, how it can operate due to corruption or blatantly looking away and so on.

But here I'm still only getting a vibe of ... that the author wanted a tragic lesbian romance (but only lesbian because of the circumstances, really) thing and thus casually invented this system but neither thought it through nor really cares about it.

All of that can still be explained though, so I don't want to judge it so soon. I was stritctly speaking about the setting itself, not it's execution and future use. It's very possible the author skipped that for now as they wanted to pull in readers by having a short 3 chapter arc at the beginning (And tragic romance works quite well for that, even if it's lesbian out of necessity, which isn't a problem in of itself). Whether they are going to explain why all this is possible is also up to whether they want to make it a plot point or not, which could lead to it being slowly unveild as the story progresses.

joined Jul 26, 2016

All of that can still be explained though, so I don't want to judge it so soon. I was stritctly speaking about the setting itself, not it's execution and future use. It's very possible the author skipped that for now as they wanted to pull in readers by having a short 3 chapter arc at the beginning (And tragic romance works quite well for that, even if it's lesbian out of necessity, which isn't a problem in of itself). Whether they are going to explain why all this is possible is also up to whether they want to make it a plot point or not, which could lead to it being slowly unveild as the story progresses.

It's factually impossible to make the setting work in anything akin to a real-world context, which is exactly what it pretends to be set in.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I wonder why we get any number over one of stories like this. : / its kinda hard to keep reading . . .

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

It's factually impossible to make the setting work in anything akin to a real-world context, which is exactly what it pretends to be set in.

Unfactual statement.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Unfactual statement.

It literally does not compute without assuming
A) a remarkably ridiculous level of grand conspiracy
or
B) a luridly dystopian social context quite divorced from anything anywhere ever IRL
or
C) both of the above, depending on just how far the grimderp ultimately gets pushed

So, yeah.

If it's meant to be some sort of societal commentary it rather waters down its message with such a gratuitously implausible and tortuous setup; if not it's approaching mere poorly-thought "misery lit" exploitation to an alarming degree.

last edited at Mar 19, 2019 1:25PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Oh how I envy your innocence...

Clover0Project
Xxx
joined Nov 25, 2016

The idea about "love" in this new chapter is actually...I feel in some ways.
At this point I just accept the weird setting and move on. I really like the art and needs depressing dose.

To reply you must either login or sign up.