Forum › I'm Getting Married discussion

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

It's good to read this kind of stories, real life can be worse.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

You know this might not be the end for Kyouko, and Mitsuko. It's obvious both womem still have feelings for each other, and neither of them have a problem with cheating. Also Mitsuko isn't married yet.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Seriously, the fck is this? What if it’s just rumor that Kyouko sleep with another men? Worst.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Once I read the tags I prepared some popcorn to read the comments but theyre surprisingly not as horrible as i thought. I'm guessing it's because it's the MC who ended being a douchebag so the reader can't sympathize with them and there isnt that feeling of betrayal. Pretty interesting to see the difference.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I should have known from the author that the story was going to be hot trash. They prioritize het relationships over anything else, makes it never worth reading them, but I thought 'hey maybe this one will be good' but nah. ditch this nonsense.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Not very soft and fluffy... But I like contrast.... so this was a good read

joined Sep 28, 2018

Isn't this that one story that caused such a backlash it actually killed Mebae?

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

People keep saying that, but I think that's just some bullshit rumor from 4chan. Mebae sunk after just 5 releases, obviously they were never in a good financial situation to begin with.

joined Jan 5, 2018

This was fucked up fuck why did I read this shit fuck! fuck! fuck!

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

I did do some looking at the other raws from this Anthology and every single story doesn't have a male character, or at best, they are a faceless rando who is in the background. So this story sticks out compared to the rest...by like a lot.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Mitsuko's irrational mistrust of Kyouko and general misogyny backfire on her. She succumbed to her insecurity and now she has what the other women wanted, but what she wants is forever lost to her.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it. Maybe it's just a story about bad things happening to bad people.

I actually disagree, both with the "irrational mistrust" and the "what she wants is forever lost to her".

I think it was pretty obvious that Kyouko was cheating on her. Yamada was badly shaken by those rumours, kind of hard to see it as "oh no, the girl who just flirted occasionally with me at work has slept with another guy".

Kyouko gives off the "would sleep with anything that moves" vibe, something about that "I just think, 'let's do this!'" and her general flirtatiousness. Though, I am not saying flirting with people equals being promiscuous or unfaithful, just that this particular case gave me that feel, but since the one-shot is not from her perspective, this is pretty open to interpretation.

As for the "what she wants" part (as in, what Seo wants)...

I interpreted their relationship as casual sex. That is the feel I got out of it. A casual relationship that Seo fucked up, and Kyouko later realised it meant something to her. One thing that goes along with this interpretation is the implication at the end that Seo stopped seeing Kyouko after getting together with Yamada, and apparently Kyouko never attempted to talk to her. I mean, if your girlfriend suddenly stopped seeing you, and you even work at the same company, would you not try to talk to her, see what the problem is? On top of that, Seo did not even try to break up with Kyouko, she just slept with a guy and then broke contact with the other woman. Neither of them behaved as though they had relationship problems, neither of them behaved as though they even had a relationship.

I think the reason Seo got attached to Kyouko might be because she was literally the first person to accept her, to not ridicule her looks, to show her kindness instead of scathing remarks. I find it interesting that what finally drove Seo over the edge was not the "cheating" aspect, but her insecurity over whether Kyouko was faking pleasure with her. Notice how we never see Kyouko pleasuring Seo, it is always the other way around. Just look at Seo's facial expressions, how she obviously relishes in bringing pleasure to the other girl, how confident and proud of herself she looks. And then, that is exactly the aspect of their "relationship" she started doubting, in the end she was convinced Kyouko was "faking it", and that was what drove her into despair. Note that she sleeps with Kyouko after hearing the rumours, and the only thing that is on her mind during the sex is "is she faking it", not "my girlfriend is cheating on me".

Irony is that I think Kyouko is the only one who got hurt in the end. I genuinely think Seo was not actually in love with the other woman, she just got high on the power of bringing pleasure to another person, after her previous partners plainly told her she brought none to them. The moment she started thinking Kyouko was faking it, she proceeded to abandon ship as fast as she could. Kyouko's obvious sadness at the end, on the other hand, is a pretty good indicator she realised this meant something to her.

On a side note, Seo in general seems to have... gotten a really bad message out of all this. Here she seems to conclude that a girl will always respond with enthusiasm, even when faking it, so that is what she probably thinks under "the role of a woman", backed up by this scene, where I can not help but think she kept "moaning cutely" because he was asking her does it feel good. Given the previous scene with Seo asking Kyouko did she like it, Kyouko enthusiastically giving an affirmative answer, and Seo then dismissing it as faking, I think this scene mirrors that one, with Seo basically resigning herself to "fuck it, it is all fake" kind of thinking.

Or maybe I am reading too much into it.

joined Mar 18, 2019

Amazing so many people break down over this but if you switch the male and female you all would be throwing a party while laughing at him.

joined Jan 5, 2018

Don't forget the fact that she was drinking and pretty much drunk with that guy and they ended up having sex without protection and she got pregnant from it so in that regard she just went with the guy that knocked her up.

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

Hats off to the dude, he's not some random douchebag, he took full responsibility from a one night stand.

joined Dec 18, 2018

Once I read the tags I prepared some popcorn to read the comments but theyre surprisingly not as horrible as i thought. I'm guessing it's because it's the MC who ended being a douchebag so the reader can't sympathize with them and there isnt that feeling of betrayal. Pretty interesting to see the difference.

It might mainly be just that the story is quite...confusing.

Like there is a lot of information we're not given, especially on whether Kyouko actually cheated or not. It's hard to know what to feel towards this. Anyways, mostly just feels like everyone in the story is at least bit of a scumbag.

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Ya know, I actually appreciate this. I don't like it, but I appreciate it because of the message it sends. No, not that all women are shit, but that it frames this ending in a negative light. It's the classic Class S story (with sex), but her marrying a man in the end is clearly shown as the bad ending.

45146235_746277355746718_170304489897590784_n
joined Dec 19, 2016

I don't get why people call this work "shit" or similar.
Story is fucking realistic. It's about insecurities and trust issues; unless you're a virgin, no offense. Tbh I prefer this kind of work rather than binge reading on loveydovey manga you're looking for. I know this is personal reference, but fuck you people who can't appreciate the artist AND the scanlator team.

joined Jun 26, 2013

I know this is getting off topic, but...

Yesterday, I was looking at manga updates at MangaRock in a attempt to find a manga series that might interest me. I clicked on Nana to Kaoru, which I had read many years ago (I never finished it) before deciding against reading it again after opening the first chapter; I figured it wouldn't entertain me.

Today, I clicked on the link for this short and, whadda you know, same author.

Getting back on topic, I enjoyed this short for what it was. Sure, I'm probably never going to read it ever again and could have done fine without it, but it was a bitter cup of coffee that I drank as is.

last edited at Mar 18, 2019 1:24AM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Mebae was in serious trouble long before this story was printed. As the saying goes, there is no such thing as bad publicity. The stink over this story is more likely to have had a positive impact rather than negative on the publications popularity.

Also, aside for the usual pacing issues one shots with plot all tend to have, this wasn't a bad little story.

last edited at Mar 18, 2019 1:26AM

Derp%20gal
joined Jan 19, 2019

This is not a bad one shot even though i always hate things like this but the feeling it gave me after i read it was acceptable.

Crying%20trash
joined Feb 8, 2018

Worst ending.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

What a twist!

I want to cry and throw up now.

Hum....I know this a yuri site and I'm usually against a het ending but I think this was a good ending. Yamada and Mitsuko deserve better than this Kyouko girl who'd "go f***ing around with everyone". And for me this kyouko deserve no one.

The end of the story implies she actually loved Mitsuko though and Mitsuko did in fact care about her too. I bet Mitsuko and Yamada will soon divorce after the baby anyway since it was so out of nowhere with the emotional connection whatsoever.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Hmm, one other thing that has me convinced it was just casual sex is the "since I started dating you, you're the only one" line. Like, is that really something lovers in a committed, non-open relationship say to each other? Of course not, that is taken for granted, and not brought up precisely to avoid raising any suspicions, justified or not. "Oh, I am totally not having sex with anyone else." "Sweet!" Like, wha...

I also realised I forgot to actually bring up this page, the part where she literally says: "It's fine if there's another man. That's not it. What if Kyouko's faking it with me?"
Like, her priorities are kind of skewed, if you look at it as a romantic relationship, as opposed to just casual fling that she rushed into because it soothed her deep insecurities.

Also also, I forgot to say I actually liked this one. No happy feels, but I tend to not look for that to begin with.

1523068069413s
joined Jun 2, 2017

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I think the reason Seo got attached to Kyouko might be because she was literally the first person to accept her, to not ridicule her looks, to show her kindness instead of scathing remarks. I find it interesting that what finally drove Seo over the edge was not the "cheating" aspect, but her insecurity over whether Kyouko was faking pleasure with her. Notice how we never see Kyouko pleasuring Seo, it is always the other way around. Just look at Seo's facial expressions, how she obviously relishes in bringing pleasure to the other girl, how confident and proud of herself she looks. And then, that is exactly the aspect of their "relationship" she started doubting, in the end she was convinced Kyouko was "faking it", and that was what drove her into despair. Note that she sleeps with Kyouko after hearing the rumours, and the only thing that is on her mind during the sex is "is she faking it", not "my girlfriend is cheating on me".

Irony is that I think Kyouko is the only one who got hurt in the end. I genuinely think Seo was not actually in love with the other woman, she just got high on the power of bringing pleasure to another person, after her previous partners plainly told her she brought none to them. The moment she started thinking Kyouko was faking it, she proceeded to abandon ship as fast as she could. Kyouko's obvious sadness at the end, on the other hand, is a pretty good indicator she realised this meant something to her.

On a side note, Seo in general seems to have... gotten a really bad message out of all this. Here she seems to conclude that a girl will always respond with enthusiasm, even when faking it, so that is what she probably thinks under "the role of a woman", backed up by this scene, where I can not help but think she kept "moaning cutely" because he was asking her does it feel good. Given the previous scene with Seo asking Kyouko did she like it, Kyouko enthusiastically giving an affirmative answer, and Seo then dismissing it as faking, I think this scene mirrors that one, with Seo basically resigning herself to "fuck it, it is all fake" kind of thinking.

Or maybe I am reading too much into it.

That was a pretty good analysis.
I guess, given the nature of her insecurities, Seo was doomed to end up with a guy. That's the thing about men: they cannot fake their orgasms, lol.

To reply you must either login or sign up.