Forum › We Can't Draw Love discussion

Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

I used to enjoy this manga when i started reading it but now is just boring. This drama involving the dad is useless, we don't need more drama then what we already have. Besides, i hate when a character exists just to be hated by the readers....

Furukawa Kagome
Img-thing
joined Jul 6, 2015

Drama is coming~ ヾ(`ε´)ノ

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oh boy obligatory daddy issues incoming

joined Nov 27, 2017

Fucking NO. Why do I keep giving this manga chances.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

They get a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle closer. AAAND DADDY ISSUES

Author: hm looks like its time for them to be in a relationship. But wait a minute!? How can i drag it out for another 30 chapters? AHA! Asshole dad enters the fight

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 11:05PM

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

Fucking NO. Why do I keep giving this manga chances.

I came here to say the same thing

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Look, this series has been pretty much "embrace the cliche" from the get-go. For some reason I don't mind it that much, although I can't really say why.

So why not random Dad from Hell?

joined Apr 29, 2018

okay time to drop this one asshole dad in sight. time to leave this ship. how to completly ruin a manga with just one page.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 4:59AM

Ce0f420fd3b0041af5ed58d9e250475e
joined Mar 14, 2019

I actually kinda like the dynamic family issues can play into stories like this, it's unfortunately very realistic. Doing something that makes you happy but not your parents happy is definitely something I can relate to.
Who knows, maybe the father drama will help them confess to one another?

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

He's actually knows Kano is a lesbian, is a total fan of yuri and was complaining that his daughter writes het fiction. "She's not aware of who she is..." :p

Too bad Kano actually has real problems with him, so he's almost certainly an a-hole character instead instead of a comedy twist.

Th
joined Aug 6, 2014

Parent padding.....

It started out so well too.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

This is veering into "so bad that it's good" territory for me. Like when you're reading something smutty that makes you end up laughing because of how ridiculous it is. I'm okay with that.

joined May 24, 2015

WE WERE SO CLOSE. WE WERE ALMOST FREE.
WHY MUST WE SHACKLE OURSELVES TO THESE TIRESOME REPEATED CLICHES OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER ONCE MORE.
I thought we were close, that regardless of the survey, both of them would confess and kaphut, happy end of making gay manga together! But someone wants to drag this on for another couple chapters!
I'm still following this, but I won't be enjoying it as much as I was...

joined May 24, 2015

"We Can't Draw Love", huh? You talking about yourself, author?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Seems they still couldn't defeat the Joestar bloodline.

Daddy, if you squint any more you will turn into a stereotypical Asian dad.
I kinda thought that people use pen names when releasing manga. Especially high-school artists. Guess dad used the power of money to investigate his daughter?

joined Mar 25, 2013

Arranged marriage incoming.

joined Oct 27, 2018

This manga is SOOOO boring.

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

I say it again guys. This Manga sucks. Unnecessary Drama, Unnecessary Dad Plot. The only good thing is the Art Style.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

At least there was a funny face in this chapter. That's something.

joined Jan 31, 2018

The plot is very unique, fresh and unpredictable.
2/10 unsubscribed

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 7:43AM

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

Oh boy here we go. Brace yourself the-drama-no-one-asked-for is coming.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The plot is very unique, fresh and unpredictable.
2/10 unsubscribed

To be fair, you can never quite predict which cliche will be next.

Arranged marriage or hot springs trip?

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Damn you, abusive and controlling father! Couldn't you wait five more minutes before calling, asshole? It's like he fucking knew...

"Whoops! I sense my daughter is about to enter a lesbian relationship. Can't have that. Gonna cockblock her via cellphone."

Dick...

23131889_285323998648077_5029786755005305904_n
joined Jan 11, 2019

I sense an asshole dad coming...

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Honestly, I hate being this negative, but this is just bad writing. There was absolutely no foreshadowing about this, Kano just randomly thought 'oh right I've always been worried about my dad by the way' in the middle of figurative nowhere, and surprise he appears in the next chapter. It's obvious the author threw this in as a way to drag the plot along, they probably think once they resolve the central conflict the manga is over, so they're desperately trying to stall it in any way possible. It's just... lazy. It's incredibly lazy. They've created a character with the sole intent of grinding the story to a halt. Again. He serves literally no other purpose here. It's possible they drew the plot element out of a hat, along with 'character has to move away', 'another love interest beats main character to confession', and 'bullying at school'. At no point do any of these change the story, only move the goalpost another hundred yards away, over and over, perpetually avoiding the ending like a bad soap opera.

This manga needs a goddamn writer, because this story is 90% length-padding and 10% actual content. I know we're all on the same page, but it consistently baffles me that published manga can be this formulaic.

To reply you must either login or sign up.