Forum › We Can't Draw Love discussion

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

I mean, you like what you like. I'm not gonna be that asshole that insists my opinions are objectively correct . People love Kirino Kousaka, so anything's possible.

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 9:36AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean, you like what you like. I'm not gonna be that asshole that insists my opinions are objectively correct . People love Kirino Kousaka, so anything's possible.

If this was a response to my post, I was entirely agreeing with you, only with a slight twist in the evaluative part.

I’m really just saying that there’s a small something to be said for an Elvis impersonator who really nails it all, right down to the little details. But who needs another fucking Elvis impersonator?

(I think now I’ll be disappointed if the confession does work—if you’re gonna trope, trope it all the way.)

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The maid was so random she didn't even get a name, huh?

It's kinda funny how everyone was complaining about how much this story dragged a few chapters back and now everybody is totally on the speed train saying it's too rushed.

I’m really just saying that there’s a small something to be said for an Elvis impersonator who really nails it all, right down to the little details. But who needs another fucking Elvis impersonator?

The key difference being that this is a cheap third rate Elvis impersonator from some country drive-in bar. And his wig looks like a dead poodle.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

So, is the ending being rushed? Because the previous chapter didn't feel like a final stretch chapter but this one does.
Also, what happened to Akamaru's other yuri series? The one with the two boyish girls?

And I won't say this manga is exactly good, but I still got really invested in it. I also like the chibi faces that appear sometimes. lol

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 11:08AM

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

Is it just me or their necks are kinda long?

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Is it just me or their necks are kinda long?

Now that you said it, they are. lol

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

"And she got turned down, went home, and they were both miserable, The End."

-Amano Shuninta.

Fortunately I can afford to have more faith.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

But why isn't Miyuu holding a boombox over her head with In Your Eyes blaring?

joined May 1, 2013

Oh, I wish this story was about the maid. The maid is so much the opposite of the main characters, she JUMPS TO THE CONCLUSION that someone is confessing their love to her!

Okay, big step back, total story rewrite: The manga is now about the misadvantures of a rich girl who never gets it when her best friend tries to confess to her, and simultaneously her maid, who ALWAYS thinks people are trying to confess to her.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out her evil father is supporting his daughter's manga drawing and this is all a revealed to be a super plot to help teach them how to draw angst manga and then the pair ended up not getting a chance to confess and the story drags on. Maybe this time it'll be a role reversal, where Miyuu will try to convey her feelings to Kano but Kano's the one that's too dense because fuck having protags with a brain right?

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 2:30PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

It's time to let it go.

Anyway, unrelated anime aside, I don't mind cliches, but the developments this chapter were kinda way too fast. Feels like it's being pushed towards an ending, I hope it's not a cancellation in store or something. Mediocrity aside, yuri manga getting canned is never a happy thing for me.

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 5:03PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Omg poor manga, I actually dropped this like 2 or 4 chapters ago when they decided to make a competition of manga? but reading the comments now.... I gotta say .... Oof

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Mediocrity aside, yuri manga getting canned is never a happy thing for me.

Getting a free pass just because it is yuri ain't good either.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I almost thought that maid would have some fisticuffs with Miyu to see if she was worthy when she asked if Miyu wanted to destroy Kano's relationship with her father while menacingly adjusting her glasses.

Also I see that Kano was actually a childhood friend the whole time, of course.

7903736f-23f1-43d2-bcca-91f78cf5aff1
joined Feb 18, 2019

I love this forum

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I'm not giving it a free pass so much as that it's just mediocre to me, but that's not really a bad thing. I keep up with it because it's alright enough to keep reading, if I hated it it'd be another story. The biggest problem I had so far was that the developments in this chapter were rushed as hell, if I had to complain about something.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

I'm not giving it a free pass so much as that it's just mediocre to me, but that's not really a bad thing. I keep up with it because it's alright enough to keep reading, if I hated it it'd be another story. The biggest problem I had so far was that the developments in this chapter were rushed as hell, if I had to complain about something.

Oh, c'mon. If instead of yuri it was any other genre it would be an instant drop for all of us. If anyone paid it any attention was because it is yuri. If it was scanlated it is for the yuri.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I love this forum

Ikr—the snarky plot proposals are 100x more imaginative than the actual story.

Now if we don’t get the ninja-maid spinoff I’m going to be sad.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I just want to see more of that side couple

Is that so hard an ask?

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

It's time to let it go.

Oh, I don't like Kuroneko either, I just feel like OreImo is like if someone made a romance with King Joffrey Baratheon as the love interest.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Oh, c'mon. If instead of yuri it was any other genre it would be an instant drop for all of us. If anyone paid it any attention was because it is yuri. If it was scanlated it is for the yuri.

I'm not disagreeing with that at all. But I don't mind mediocrity if it's mediocre yuri.

It's not like the series is particularly upsetting like a handful that come to mind for me so I don't mind it.

Oh, I don't like Kuroneko either, I just feel like OreImo is like if someone made a romance with King Joffrey Baratheon as the love interest.

I wouldn't know the details of what you're referencing because I don't watch things I don't like, which is evidently not the case with you. That or you're just memeing on a character after watching a handful of episodes, because her behavior given the circumstances revealed later aren't at all unreasonable or particularly childish. She has a pretty believable reason to be tsundere.

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 11:44PM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I'm waiting for this to grow on me like Catulus Syndrome did, but just not feeling it atm. It just implements so many cliches which if done well are great, but the long lost childhood friend thing hit me outta nowhere lol

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Poor maid, you'll get your wife one day, don't worry.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

??? Why did the maid think that the love confession was towards her? The blonde girl specifically said "Kano-chan" or whatever the other girl's name is

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Also I see that Kano was actually a childhood friend the whole time, of course.

In a lukewarm defense of this plot... them being childhood friends was already set up in chapter 1. For Miyuu to just randomly realize it in the recent chapter however is ah, what would you call it... Lazy?

??? Why did the maid think that the love confession was towards her? The blonde girl specifically said "Kano-chan" or whatever the other girl's name is

Comedy. That's pretty much the only reason. Comedy.

last edited at Apr 14, 2019 1:55AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.