Forum › Cast a Spell discussion

5078c11faafb542156639addbfc83dc4440cf9d2_hq
joined Apr 22, 2018

Aww when feelings pass over each other. Cute

last edited at Mar 13, 2019 9:22PM

joined Jan 5, 2018

I don't even know if I will class this as Yuri more like friendship over a dress than anything else

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I don't even know if I will class this as Yuri more like friendship over a dress than anything else

Ah yes the old classic, Just Gals Being Pals, just a couple of platonic female friends who both only want the other to be looking at them and not be with any boys, just a pair of good old totally straight buddies who can only bear to be with each other and nobody else (in a straight way of course)

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

Ah yes the old classic, Just Gals Being Pals, just a couple of platonic female friends who both only want the other to be looking at them and not be with any boys, just a pair of good old totally straight buddies who can only bear to be with each other and nobody else (in a straight way of course)

....But that's sounds gay af.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I put a spell on you
Because you're mine
You better stop the things you do
I tell ya I ain't lyin'
I ain't lyin'
You know I can't stand it
You're runnin' around
You know better babe
I can't stand it 'cause you put me down
Oh no
I put a spell on you
Because you're mine

last edited at Mar 13, 2019 10:13PM

joined Feb 11, 2014

boop

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

They're clearly just very good superfriends

45146235_746277355746718_170304489897590784_n
joined Dec 19, 2016

Such a good start, but resolved way too quickly. Could've made my heart even achier, but hey, it's a happy ending.

(I take Imura Ei's works as example of good storyline)

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Nah dude they totally said "no homo" a bunch and walked away holding hands cuz that's what totally platonic straight friends do. We just didn't see it.

Maxresdefault%20(1)
joined Jul 27, 2018

Such a good start, but resolved way too quickly. Could've made my heart even achier, but hey, it's a happy ending.

(I take Imura Ei's works as example of good storyline)

Never heard of that name, nice recommendation.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

I wonder why they keep letting These obvious Subtext get away without being called Subtext

I feel sorry for a certain Not lizard pftt lolol
if you know wut I mean xD

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Nah dude they totally said "no homo" a bunch and walked away holding hands cuz that's what totally platonic straight friends do. We just didn't see it.

I know right~
Myb we need No homo tag or smthn xD

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Yeah cause holding hands is lewd

last edited at Mar 13, 2019 11:35PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

The fairy godmother doesn't get with Cinderella though

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Actually really excited halfway through, but ended up dropping a lot. I don't understand why she is still making the dress after all this time, it seemed like a lot of time has happened since the flashbacks. I don't get the motivation on her actions. You could say she had an interest on sewing, but that doesn't explain why she only attemps to finish the piece that's linked to a bad memory, -just convenience to the story-. How did the other girl enter her room and so fast too?. And to top it all, they agreeing they need yet the 'fairy godmother' thing was so underwhelming. Yeah, let's keep being best friends who keep looking for the prince-like guy of our dreams.
It's such a joke that 9/10 times when on the first page Yurihime puts this seal showing the author won something or it's their first debut, it always end up in disappointment

Kokoko
joined Mar 14, 2014

Well, no one's saying two princesses cannot be together...

24-1
joined Sep 21, 2011

Cute, but not quite Yuri... Maybe Shoujo-Ai ? If you get some Yuri googles on...

arandommangareader
joined Nov 10, 2018

In the long run, the blonde girl will be the one that gets hurt. I mean, the other clearly has a BF, why keep clinging on the past her when you can already tell she's not like you? God, this is why i dont like people who do what their hearts tell, not what their brains tell. Weakling basically.

Cat
joined Jan 21, 2015

Smack this baby with the subtext tag it deserves

Flowers-le-volume-sur-ete-screenshot
joined Nov 22, 2018

what page was it implied that kaori has boyfriend? i reread and still cant find the implication.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

what page was it implied that kaori has boyfriend? i reread and still cant find the implication.

Yeah me either. I think maybe they were referring to the flashback where it was said "she stands next to him" when she was talking about her hanging out with "princesses" and "princes". But nowhere is it said that currently Kaori is dating anyone.

last edited at Mar 14, 2019 1:52AM

Flowers-le-volume-sur-ete-screenshot
joined Nov 22, 2018

Yeah me either. I think maybe they were referring to the flashback where it was said "she stands next to him" when she was talking about her hanging out with "princesses" and "princes". But nowhere is it said that currently Kaoru is dating anyone.

But in page 13, she said "you get a boyfriend too, kaori" which literally implies that kaori has no boyfriend at that time and the fact that kaori cried after hearing that just shows for me that she was hurt by the fact that the emi is looking for a boyfriend(prince). This is why kaori was so desperate to confirmed that the dress was made for her because i think she cannot stomach the possibility that Emi made that dress for her own so she can find her prince and clearly Emi also feels that way to Kaori too.

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Ahhh, gal pals just being gal pals! Couple of bestiesss.
This was super cute. Faved.

joined Jan 31, 2018

nvm im retarded i read that as "you got a boyfriend, too"

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

Nonono nothing gay about it. They just friendship each other in the nude and will at some point gift each other rings that signify that they are best friends forever and hold a ceremony where they promise each other to always be friends. Straight stuff

To reply you must either login or sign up.